Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Wayne Bylsma

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Wayne Bylsma
« on: March 08, 2024, 07:25:51 PM »
I heard today that he passed. Had a heart attack in his recliner.

Anyone else hear anything?

EDIT: It was his Dad, who also played football for AU, that passed away.

Sorry to prematurely speak of Wayne's demise. Its not every day you get a father and son that both played at AU.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 03:33:04 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Wayne Bylsma
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2024, 12:04:30 PM »
I heard today that he passed. Had a heart attack in his recliner.

Anyone else hear anything?
I heard something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2024, 12:42:02 PM »
Googled for news on it and all I saw was a CCTAU doppelgänger posting about it on aufamily. There can only be one. I vote we track down the copycat and kick his ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2024, 01:09:31 PM »
I didn’t remember the name. Sorry to hear this and gone too soon. I don’t remember him playing but I don’t remember a lot of things.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2024, 01:11:13 PM »
Googled for news on it and all I saw was a CCTAU doppelgänger posting about it on aufamily. There can only be one. I vote we track down the copycat and kick his ass.
I hope you guys find this guy and beat the fuck out of him. And soon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2024, 04:21:12 PM »
Bring it little fellas.

Wayne was from Opelika and came into AU bald. I think he had alopecia or something.

If you saw him, you’d remember him. He wore 55 in 1990.

https://x.com/PosingPlainsmen/status/620274759146704896?s=20

« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 04:24:53 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2024, 05:01:04 PM »
Bring it little fellas.

Wayne was from Opelika and came into AU bald. I think he had alopecia or something.

If you saw him, you’d remember him. He wore 55 in 1990.

https://x.com/PosingPlainsmen/status/620274759146704896?s=20
Snags is from Montgomery and came into AU receding and a little chubby. He left bald. And a lot chubby.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2024, 08:21:18 AM »
Hate to hear that.  Used to run into he and Frankie Stankunas in slow pitch tournaments all the time back in the day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2024, 11:10:18 AM »
Hate to hear that.  Used to run into he and Frankie Stankunas in slow pitch tournaments all the time back in the day.

Frankie. I haven't heard that name in a long time. He was always a nice dude. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2024, 03:37:58 PM »
Frankie. I haven't heard that name in a long time. He was always a nice dude.
Yeah, he was always pretty cool out there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2024, 03:34:43 PM »
Update.

EDIT: It was his Dad, who also played football for AU, that passed away.

Sorry to prematurely speak of Wayne's demise. Its not every day you get a father and son that both played at AU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2024, 04:02:48 PM »
Honestly never knew his dad played at Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2024, 02:46:22 AM »
Honestly never knew his dad played at Auburn.

I didn’t either. That’s why I thought my friend was talking about Wayne!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2024, 09:06:10 AM »
So just to confirm: There were two Wayne Bylsma's that played football at Auburn. The elder Bylsma has passed from heart complications and his son is a survivor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2024, 03:41:02 PM »
So just to confirm: There were two Wayne Bylsma's that played football at Auburn. The elder Bylsma has passed from heart complications and his son is a survivor.

Yes. His dad’s name was Bruce I think. Played in the early 70s.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2024, 11:09:33 PM »
Also, I can confirm that you and I have played in just as many football games at Auburn as CTEAU.

We can also throw Snags, Snakebite, GH, Wes,WD6, Six, Jarhead, Buzzy, GF (pre death), Sani (pre sexual identity crisis), Dallas, Token, WE!!!, AUChizad, AUChizad!, Bgreene, Jumbo, Prowler, Kaos (I think of he and Prowler together sometimes) and whomever I have left off.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 11:12:56 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2024, 11:50:48 AM »
Also, I can confirm that you and I have played in just as many football games at Auburn as CTEAU.

We can also throw Snags, Snakebite, GH, Wes,WD6, Six, Jarhead, Buzzy, GF (pre death), Sani (pre sexual identity crisis), Dallas, Token, WE!!!, AUChizad, AUChizad!, Bgreene, Jumbo, Prowler, Kaos (I think of he and Prowler together sometimes) and whomever I have left off.
You carelessly left out Vlad, Mildred, eagleair, AUTailga... AUJarhead and most recently Ranger and Rancid.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
eagleair89,
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2024, 06:34:36 PM »
You carelessly left out Vlad, Mildred, eagleair, AUTailga... AUJarhead and most recently Ranger and Rancid.
Too Chay and the chinook guy. But I did include Jarhead. How could anyone forget Jarhead? Seriously, let me know if you find out, how.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2024, 07:13:31 PM »
bottomfeeder, AWS, chityeah, Ogre, PellCityTiger to add.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2024, 09:06:38 AM »

I have, however, been in the head coach's office, when I went it and asked Terry Bowden to autograph the 1993 Sports Illustrated.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions