Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Commercial insanity

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Commercial insanity
« on: December 29, 2023, 10:55:51 AM »
Even on streaming services I think the advertising business has lost its collective mind. 

Does Samsung seriously think the commercial with the gay french sounding black “man” and an assortment of other weirdos will entice anyone — literally anyone — to buy a flip phone? 

Do we have to be subjected to graphic groping to peddle anti AIDS medicine?

Are fatties really the best representatives for lingere and underwear?

Have the cosmetic companies decided that the ugliest, fattest people in the world make the best models?

Why does every single commercial feature an interracial couple (less than 10% of all couples in reality), a gay couple (less than 5%) or a trans freak (less than 2%)?   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Commercial insanity
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2023, 11:24:05 AM »
Even on streaming services I think the advertising business has lost its collective mind. 

Does Samsung seriously think the commercial with the gay french sounding black “man” and an assortment of other weirdos will entice anyone — literally anyone — to buy a flip phone? 

Have the cosmetic companies decided that the ugliest, fattest people in the world make the best models?

Why does every single commercial feature an interracial couple (less than 10% of all couples in reality), a gay couple (less than 5%) or a trans freak (less than 2%)?

I did one of those thread/posty things a while back, addressing the interracial couples in advertising.  As I've said before, I'm a bit of a marketing nerd.  I actually pay attention to those things, and want to see what the "hook" is, and if it's effective in making you relate it to the product.

In recent years, there has been this major trend toward including interracial couples in advertising.  Even more recently, gay couples have become the norm.  It has zero to do with the product, and everything to do with "diversity and inclusion."  Companies do not want to face any accusations of a lack thereof.  While it's not advertising, even Hallmark finally succumbed to the pressure, and started making movies about gay and lesbian couples. 

Watch any Target commercial.  They're absolutely over the top with making sure every ad has a black, Asian, Latino, Indian etc. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2023, 11:39:57 AM »
I did one of those thread/posty things a while back, addressing the interracial couples in advertising.  As I've said before, I'm a bit of a marketing nerd.  I actually pay attention to those things, and want to see what the "hook" is, and if it's effective in making you relate it to the product.

In recent years, there has been this major trend toward including interracial couples in advertising.  Even more recently, gay couples have become the norm.  It has zero to do with the product, and everything to do with "diversity and inclusion."  Companies do not want to face any accusations of a lack thereof.  While it's not advertising, even Hallmark finally succumbed to the pressure, and started making movies about gay and lesbian couples. 

Watch any Target commercial.  They're absolutely over the top with making sure every ad has a black, Asian, Latino, Indian etc.

Here’s the funny thing I’ve found.  When it comes to the mixed-race coupling, events, parties, etc…? 

The only and I mean ONLY demographic pushing that are liberal, guilt-ridden whites. Everybody else prefers to maintain their own customs, traditions, etc. 

So we pull them into “our”’world while theirs remains distinct and separate- as the others prefer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2023, 12:29:59 PM »
To take the Target thing a bit further, it's not just in their advertising, but the way they run their stores.  Now granted, I'm going by what I see in the Target down here in little ole Dothan, but I assume they're in lock step with company guidelines. Target appears to gear everything towards that inclusive and diverse Utopia.

This is not an agree or disagree take.  Just an observation.  They were one of the first major department stores to put in "Trans" bathrooms. They took heat earlier this year during Pride Month, by placing their Pride collection of clothing front and center for everyone to see as they came in the doors.  Throughout the store, there are huge pictures of dozens of models, both adult and kids.  You will see every nationality under the sun represented, and hard pressed to find a white model in the mix.

We were in there twice in recent weeks, to find Christmas gifts, and I noticed something pretty telling.  They put up a Christmas section, with decorations etc. for sale, but placed that section in the far back corner of the store.  If you walked anywhere else in that Target, you wouldn't have a clue it was the Christmas season.  No decorations, no tree, no snowflakes hanging, no Santa.  Purposefully excluded, so as not "offend" anyone who might not celebrate Christmas.

Hey, maybe it was just my Target.  Maybe they were understaffed and had no time to put anything up.  But it looks more like it falls right in line with their M.O. 

friendly
funny
dislike
Members reacted friendly:
War Damn Six,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2023, 12:52:56 PM »

the marlboro man never enticed me to go buy cigarettes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2023, 02:09:02 PM »
the marlboro man never enticed me to go buy cigarettes.

That marketing did influence a lot of others to think that smoking was cool beans.  Just as major league baseball was littered with childhood heroes that always seemed to have a fat dip in their lip throughout the 90's and early 2000's when I watched religiously.  I dipped tobacco as a result of being influenced by that for over 10 years, and to this day it is the hardest thing I have ever quit. 

Point being, kids are impressionable.  We are already seeing the consequence of that marketing and group-think in today's society by kids attempting to attach themselves to new/trendy identifiers.  Hell, I have even heard stories of a kid that goes to Montgomery Academy that identifies as a cat.  Apparently, the school has provided a litter box for the kid to shit and piss in to avoid any negative National publicity.  Where is the line drawn?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2023, 02:40:29 PM »
That marketing did influence a lot of others to think that smoking was cool beans.  Just as major league baseball was littered with childhood heroes that always seemed to have a fat dip in their lip throughout the 90's and early 2000's when I watched religiously.  I dipped tobacco as a result of being influenced by that for over 10 years, and to this day it is the hardest thing I have ever quit. 

Point being, kids are impressionable.  We are already seeing the consequence of that marketing and group-think in today's society by kids attempting to attach themselves to new/trendy identifiers.  Hell, I have even heard stories of a kid that goes to Montgomery Academy that identifies as a cat.  Apparently, the school has provided a litter box for the kid to shit and piss in to avoid any negative National publicity.  Where is the line drawn?

I think we can start with shitting in a box. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2023, 02:45:34 PM »
Hey, maybe it was just my Target.  Maybe they were understaffed and had no time to put anything up.  But it looks more like it falls right in line with their M.O.

No.  Same here. Christmas in the back and let's fill it with Blantas. You had to really search to find anything conventional or traditional.   

I went there two days after Christmas because I got a gift card and every bit of the sale stuff was Mexican Christmas, blanta themed items (from wrapping paper to figurines),  Disanta (Santas in wheelchairs...), and odd/weird stuff that wasn't really related to what most of us consider Christmas at all.

But... Target was, as always, loaded with super-hot early 30s moms.  I guess they're preying on that millennial guilt complex.  Well, that and the occasional stray goat wandering around with a beard and multi-colored hair.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2023, 03:01:58 PM »

point...think for yourself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2023, 03:26:51 PM »

100% agree that all adults should.  A lot of them don't.  I was specifically speaking on children & teenagers.  Not being contentious, just stating something mostly true.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2023, 09:53:32 PM »

Dude. My high school baseball coach gave me my first chewing tobacco.  I was a freshman or sophomore, not playing much, and he cut of a plug of Cannonball. 

My head was spinning and I fought off puking for the rest of the game.  Barely.  But I didn’t want to look like less of a man.

I went back for more the next day at practice.  Thus started a habit that stuck with me for 20+ years. I never played a game or played golf or mowed grass or did anything outside without a wad in my jaw. And I chewed inside too.  There were two liter bottles full of spit hidden all over the house trying to keep it from the wife and kids.

Something weird?  I never had a single cavity until after i quit.  Dentist said the Red Man destroyed the bacteria. Ha! 

Marlboro Man never made me want to smoke.  But Sonny Crockett did.  So I did
both for a long while.   Chew and smoke.

Edited to add:  I just saw a Target commercial.  There were 11 different actors.  Four were fat ass black women.  One white person.  A child that bounced in and out of the frame in less than two seconds.  When I go to Target (which is exceedingly rare) I never see anyone who looks like the people who populate their commercials. Who are they marketing to?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 09:58:35 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2023, 10:33:54 PM »
Haven’t stepped foot in a Target since they started letting you guys into the women’s restrooms…
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2023, 10:52:46 PM »
Haven’t stepped foot in a Target since they started letting you guys into the women’s restrooms…
What were you doing in there in the first place?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2023, 06:38:04 AM »

I’m a transgender shitter exclusively. Bathrooms are cleaner, and the audible reactions to my thunderous force works better than laughing gas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2023, 10:21:01 AM »
For fuck's sake, y'all need better media literacy. 

NO SCHOOL HAS PROVIDED LITTER BOXES FOR ANY STUDENT.

Stop getting your news from Facebook and Fox.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2023, 11:32:43 AM »

As soon as you stop getting yours from NPR and MSNBC. 

That’s the saddest part.  You can’t or won’t accept that YOU are the one being brainwashed by the TNI. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2023, 12:59:11 PM »
I think I speak for everyone when I say you two should get a room…

Or meet at the Sonic in Alma.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2023, 08:40:35 PM »

Hmm. Did your liberal sources tell you that? Just had a kid move here from Chicago. He states they absolutely had litter boxes in the restrooms. That was one of the reason he wanted his mom to move here. So I guess as far as you are concerned, it didn’t happen…
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2023, 12:39:58 PM »
I think I speak for everyone when I say you two should get a room…

Or meet at the Sonic in Alma.
if you hear that this is happening, please I beg that you will tell me. I’d trade Snake’s testicles to see this. I mean, I want to try to break it up before it starts. Be a peacemaker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2023, 12:41:59 PM »
All joke’s aside, if y’all set something up, let me know. Maybe I could schedule to beat the fuck out of Snags on the same card.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions