Britton - OL
Stutts - OL
Jones - OL

Quattlebaum - LS

Fromm - TE
Deal - TE
Frazier - TE

Chapman - P

Decimation in the secondary.  Losing production in the LB corp, but feeling good about them with the rest of the group.  OL?  Who the fuck knows?  Quattlebaum and Chapman and quiet, but big, losses.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 05:40:25 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Roster Look
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2023, 05:45:27 PM »
I just deleted a thread I started asking the QB questions.  Fits better here.

Clean house and start over with a totally new room?

Anybody you think stays?

Thorne has another year.  Can he transfer again under the current rules?  If he chooses to finish at Auburn, would he be a serviceable back up?

What's the ideal QB for U Free's system?  Big RPO guy, or more of a pocket passer?

And if we flip one or more of our WR targets, and have probably the most talented class ever at that position, does that affect what type of QB he wants/needs?

Discuss.  Amaze me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2023, 05:47:28 PM »
On the tight ends, you can probably add Revolver Good Forecast to the list.  No way that guy ain't declaring.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2023, 05:59:58 PM »

Anybody you think stays?

Thorne has another year.  Can he transfer again under the current rules?  If he chooses to finish at Auburn, would he be a serviceable back up?

What's the ideal QB for U Free's system?  Big RPO guy, or more of a pocket passer?

And if we flip one or more of our WR targets, and have probably the most talented class ever at that position, does that affect what type of QB he wants/needs?

Discuss.  Amaze me.

Snake's thoughts & predictions:

Thorne will go. Or he should.

Ashford will go. Or he should.

Holden will probably go, but I think Hugh is really trying to keep him around.  If he really does have all that arm talent and is worth recruiting to stay, I am disappointed he hasn't been given a legitimate shot to date.

Hank Brown will stay.

Walker White is incoming.

They will try to get a Grayson McCall or Riley Leonard to come be QB 1 this year. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

jmar

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2023, 06:36:34 PM »
Snake's thoughts & predictions:

Thorne will go. Or he should.

Ashford will go. Or he should.

Holden will probably go, but I think Hugh is really trying to keep him around.  If he really does have all that arm talent and is worth recruiting to stay, I am disappointed he hasn't been given a legitimate shot to date.

Hank Brown will stay.

Walker White is incoming.

They will try to get a Grayson McCall or Riley Leonard to come be QB 1 this year. 

We still have to shore up this offensive line to lose that rented mule tag that's preventing us from getting a top flight transfer that can drop dimes on defenses. I'm confident we can get  receivers and backs as always. Riley Leonard is definitely tough enough but he's already been on the infirmed list under similar circumstances at Duke.
Or he could just follow Elko.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2023, 07:07:47 PM »

Anybody you think stays?

Discuss.  Amaze me.
The immediate answer is to find the next Jayden Daniels that can operate with limited protection. A pocket passer is a sitting duck unless he has an unbelievably fast release and/or the instinct to just throw the ball away often. Thorne is still the guy unless he decides not to return. Does he take too many sacks? YES, but he needs to move the pocket far more than he currently is to keep a play alive.
He's not all that accurate but then his line and receivers let him down far too much to just relegate him to backup.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2023, 08:38:05 PM »
https://youtu.be/eyVe_YbEQbo?si=hoM39rES6tf6e9-C

Pull this up and watch it all.
This is Chris Todd from May of last season answering questions about his experiences as a former Texas Tech quarterback under the tutelage of Lincoln Riley his subsequent transfer to Aubrn etc.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2023, 08:53:53 PM »
Sometimes I think about what a waste of money it is to spend $7.95 a month (for discounted members) when the better x posters are either dead or in jail. But then something with in depth analysis and insight like this thread comes along and makes me happy that I still have access.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Snakebite,
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2023, 09:39:54 PM »
Sometimes I think about what a waste of money it is to spend $7.95 a month (for discounted members) when the better x posters are either dead or in jail. But then something with in depth analysis and insight like this thread comes along and makes me happy that I still have access.

You truly are blessed to be one of the few among the many who just couldn't cut it or had better things to do with their time WT.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2023, 02:20:57 AM »

Anybody you think stays?

Discuss.  Amaze me.
Thorne will stay. He likes AU. And he’ll be hard to beat out.
I’m. Not sure who will be available that will do better. And If we get the crop of WRs we think we’ll get, the drops go down and the production goes up.
It will be interesting to watch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2023, 06:48:33 AM »
I’m. Not sure who will be available that will do better. And If we get the crop of WRs we think we’ll get, the drops go down and the production goes up.

It was a two part interview with Chris where he shares his mindset about competition in a QB room and how you might befriend those in the room but at the same time see them as a threat to take something you've worked your entire young life to achieve... even moreso when you are rehabbing from injury. He had a chance to go to Oklahoma, Ole Miss etc. but chose Auburn instead. After he beat out Burns the room crowded with Caudle, Trotter, Moseley et al.

Agree CCTAU. He's not just going away.
Probably works harder to improve same as Todd. Don't know about you but when the cameras show him staring into the face of Freeze on the sidelines I'm thinking "Help me get this offense downfield."
This isn't a QB that makes excuses or lays blame on his teammates.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2023, 09:26:05 AM »

Agree with this.  Thorne had flashes of being a competent QB and is a more than serviceable runner.  His "deficiencies" as a passer might magically disappear with Thompson, et al, showing up on campus.

I think Thorne stays, Robby changes positions or transfers and the young guys in the room will be Geriner and White fighting for the future.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2023, 10:59:20 AM »
Agree with this.  Thorne had flashes of being a competent QB and is a more than serviceable runner.  His "deficiencies" as a passer might magically disappear with Thompson, et al, showing up on campus.

I think Thorne stays, Robby changes positions or transfers and the young guys in the room will be Geriner and White fighting for the future.

All of this. Thorne will be fine. If anything, just bring another arm in for competition.

Once the QB shuffle stopped, Thorne was more than competent. Once WRs quit dropping balls, he will be even better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2023, 11:40:37 AM »
All of this. Thorne will be fine. If anything, just bring another arm in for competition.

Once the QB shuffle stopped, Thorne was more than competent. Once WRs quit dropping balls, he will be even better.
Can we use some of that NIL money for Stick'em?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2023, 12:44:13 PM »
Apparently Var Johnson still has a covid year in his pocket.  Could be coming back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2023, 12:53:25 PM »
Apparently Var Johnson still has a covid year in his pocket.  Could be coming back.

Blackerby is hearing that he and Cam Brown want a fresh start elsewhere.  Var would obviously be the big loss there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2023, 01:23:16 PM »
Var would obviously be the big loss there.

Nah.  He's only like 5'7".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2023, 01:26:59 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2023, 01:30:56 PM »
thorne needs to use the portal...nothing showed me this season he's a serviceable pass thrower.  a couple of the coaches need to hit the portal too.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2023, 01:58:30 PM »
thorne needs to use the portal...nothing showed me this season he's a serviceable pass thrower. 

I hear ya...but...

We can bring in another guy starting from scratch on his understanding of HF's offense, or we can ride with a guy who has a year's experience in it and plan for the future.  I'm leaning towards the known quantity, and I was VERY vocal about my disdain for Thorne at times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions