Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Roster Look

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Roster Look
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2023, 02:21:39 PM »
I hear ya...but...

We can bring in another guy starting from scratch on his understanding of HF's offense, or we can ride with a guy who has a year's experience in it and plan for the future.  I'm leaning towards the known quantity, and I was VERY vocal about my disdain for Thorne at times.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2023, 02:25:46 PM »
Nah.  He's only like 5'7".
It is bad when even Wes talks down to a player.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2023, 02:31:03 PM »
It is bad when even Wes talks down to a player.

Shit, I'm still lookin up to make eye contact with Var.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2023, 02:39:11 PM »
I have no problem if Thorne stays, but I would fully expect U to scour the planet to find an upgrade. 

I have no idea what happened with this offense at times, with regard to the schemes and play calling.  You go back to the Hobby Lobby game, and if you recall, there were a couple of points in there that the boos were raining down, and rightfully so.  The play calling was as bad, and vanilla as we've seen at Auburn in a long time.

They got down two scores, and finally started to open it up with quick, decisive routes and passes.  Yes, Ole Miss was playing off and keeping it in front of them, but it was clear, that this was what we do well....what Thorne can do well.

They kept that going the next 3 weeks, and finally had their "identity".  Strong running game and a short to intermediate passing attack.  Thorne handles both pretty well, especially getting better and better at the read option.

However, he is limited.  He's not extremely accurate, and doesn't seem to see the field well if asked to find receivers down field.  Lord knows, I'm not trying to come off as some expert. That I ain't!!!  But it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to watch a quarterback take about 500 snaps in a season, and be able to go, "He's pretty good at this, but he ain't worth a shit at that."

Thorne is fine, if they run an offense based on his strengths.  But, I'd sure like to find a QB who can kick it up a notch in all areas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2023, 02:55:20 PM »
Thorne will stay. He likes AU. And he’ll be hard to beat out.
Well, we can rest assured that Thorne’s a goner, now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2023, 03:15:01 PM »
I have no problem if Thorne stays, but I would fully expect U to scour the planet to find an upgrade. 

I have no idea what happened with this offense at times, with regard to the schemes and play calling.  You go back to the Hobby Lobby game, and if you recall, there were a couple of points in there that the boos were raining down, and rightfully so.  The play calling was as bad, and vanilla as we've seen at Auburn in a long time.

They got down two scores, and finally started to open it up with quick, decisive routes and passes.  Yes, Ole Miss was playing off and keeping it in front of them, but it was clear, that this was what we do well....what Thorne can do well.

They kept that going the next 3 weeks, and finally had their "identity".  Strong running game and a short to intermediate passing attack.  Thorne handles both pretty well, especially getting better and better at the read option.

However, he is limited.  He's not extremely accurate, and doesn't seem to see the field well if asked to find receivers down field.  Lord knows, I'm not trying to come off as some expert. That I ain't!!!  However, WT is teaching me the ins and outs of football.  But what I know now, it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to watch a quarterback take about 500 snaps in a season, and be able to go, "He's pretty good at this, but he ain't worth a shit at that."

Thorne is fine, if they run an offense based on his strengths.  But, I'd sure like to find a QB who can kick it up a notch in all areas.

Such a long post, but I agree. Especially the part about WT.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2023, 03:59:40 PM »
Such a long post, but I agree. Especially the part about WT.

I'm verbose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2023, 04:33:18 PM »
I'm verbose.

A cunning linguist some have said...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2023, 04:42:04 PM »
A cunning linguist some have said...

The ladies all love Colonel Angus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2023, 04:46:11 PM »
The ladies all love Colonel Angus.
They're always happy to see his shiny face
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2023, 01:13:57 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2023, 03:28:45 PM »
Luke Deal returning for his 6th year.

https://twitter.com/ITATJason/status/1730286910172549497
He's a guy that in baseball terms would be a great clubhouse guy.  Great to have on the team for chemistry, but not so much on teh fields.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2023, 05:50:29 AM »
He's a guy that in baseball terms would be a great clubhouse guy.  Great to have on the team for chemistry, but not so much on teh fields.
I could see him doing Campbell's Soup ads if he ups his game slightly, catches a few balls. War Eagle!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2023, 12:10:22 PM »
K. Scott is coming back!  Kudos to the staff for making that happen.  Hopefully we can make some noise in 2024 with on the field product.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

wesfau2

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2023, 03:21:30 PM »
K. Scott is coming back!  Kudos to the staff for making that happen.  Hopefully we can make some noise in 2024 with on the field product.

That's huge, dude is a baller.  Recruiting the roster is an underrated skill in this new environment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2023, 04:30:27 PM »
That's huge, dude is a baller.  Recruiting the roster is an underrated skill in this new environment.
And now he's changing roles...to closer.
Amaris Williams, come on down!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2023, 09:44:20 AM »
^this. It’s bigger than ever, like my henry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2023, 10:51:13 AM »
I have a minor suggestion.  First, let's fire the Special Teams Coach, for being Special ed.  Second, if Battie is coming back, don't let him anywhere near the kickoff return team.  Put Scott back there, and tell him anything kicked into the end zone is not to be returned.

How many times this season did Battie bring one out after catching it 3-5 yards deep?  A dozen?  At least.  That's either on him because he's too stupid, or on the ST Coach because....he's too stupid.

KS is probably the fastest guy on the team and a threat almost every time he fields a punt.  But instead, they put Battie and Sean Jackson back on the goal line. 

Just a suggestion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2023, 11:47:50 AM »
I have a minor suggestion.  First, let's fire the Special Teams Coach, for being Special ed.  Second, if Battie is coming back, don't let him anywhere near the kickoff return team.  Put Scott back there, and tell him anything kicked into the end zone is not to be returned.

How many times this season did Battie bring one out after catching it 3-5 yards deep?  A dozen?  At least.  That's either on him because he's too stupid, or on the ST Coach because....he's too stupid.

KS is probably the fastest guy on the team and a threat almost every time he fields a punt.  But instead, they put Battie and Sean Jackson back on the goal line. 

Just a suggestion.

You can't run it back if you don't run it back...
The guy was brought in to return kicks. He led that nation in it. 
Returning kicks is different than returning punts. The vision is different. The mindset is different. Each has their own place. I did not have an issue with Battie or KS. 
If you don't watch yourself, you'll get Koy Moore back there and like it!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2023, 02:11:03 PM »
You can't run it back if you don't run it back...
The guy was brought in to return kicks. He led that nation in it. 
Returning kicks is different than returning punts. The vision is different. The mindset is different. Each has their own place. I did not have an issue with Battie or KS. 
If you don't watch yourself, you'll get Koy Moore back there and like it!

Are you questioning Uncle Rico's rant?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE