Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Monday Musings - Music City Beckons

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Monday Musings - Music City Beckons
« on: October 30, 2023, 09:03:35 AM »
Winning is fun. Sure, the first half was better than the second half. (Shades of the Tubershell were everywhere.  :facepalm:) Still, it was fun to watch a functional plan get executed. Defense plays with a lot of fire which means they occasional take on the burn, but they don't quit. These are good things.

Vanderbilt is a weird game. On paper, Auburn should win going away. (Vegas has the early line around -12.5.) We all know weird things happen when Auburn goes there. Setting history aside, if the exact team that played Saturday shows up this weekend, Auburn covers that with ease. Have you seen Vandy this year? Their defense couldn't close an umbrella. Their offense is a muddled mess of misfit parts and sputters and spits for four quarters. Occasionally, the gears align and they find points, but not with any consistency.

The stadium is under construction and so is that roster. Auburn takes care of business and things start to get interesting in the last month of the campaign.

Elsewhere in college football...
- Oklahoma was never serious and it's good that Kansas wrecked them in spite of not being terribly special themselves. Texas is getting by on smoke, mirrors, duct tape, and beating the most flawed Alabama team in over a decade. That won't last. The Big 12 is about to play itself right out of the selected four.

- Washington seems to blown all their load in the Oregon game. They are beat up and just trying to survive. They might make it, but I wouldn't be scared of them doing much in the playoffs. Same goes for Oregon. I'm not buying it. USC is a dumpster fire. So is Colorado. Utah was never going to do much even with Bad Cam Rising.

- The ACC is garbage. Clemson has cratered, Dabo is talking shit about his limited fanbase, all pointing to a bad ending there in a couple more years. Garrett Riley will be a hot commodity as OC for somebody next year. No way he stays there under that thumb and damages his reputation. Miami is mid. UNC finally showed how mid they are (the old Chiz defense never fails to, well, fail), and the rest of the league is blah. Florida State will probably run the table, get into the playoffs, and get squashed. They are fool's gold. Don't believe the hype.

- Harbaugh's brash attitude has landed him squarely in the sights of the NCAA, who, in their death rattle days, are determined to pin his hyde to the wall. Is the violation some huge deal? No. Are they gonna get helped by everyone who wants to stick it to him and Wolverines? Yup. Ohio State is not that good, but the rest of that league is silly. The Game should be a good. Don't be surprised if Ryan Day invents more slights to get his team up to make a run at the playoffs. not that it'll matter.

- Georgia is gonna win this whole thing in most annoying fashion. It's the lack of a better option scenario, really. They aren't what they were the past couple years, but they don't have to play those teams. They get to play the very uneven bunch that makes up the 2023 field. They are better than all of them. Let your eyes convince you. When you look at them and look at everyone else, the difference is obvious.

- The NFL has hit the part of the season that's not fun to watch because injuries, boredom, and stupidity have taken over the league. That'll right itself by Thanksgiving. Until then, you get weird results each.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 12:15:10 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg