Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Love him or hate him…

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
Love him or hate him…
« on: September 19, 2023, 07:10:28 PM »
Personally, I don’t care for Coach Prime.  Some (Goodman on al.com for one) have said Auburn should have hired him instead of Freeze. I have issues with him wayyyy back to an 80’s Sugar Bowl loss. He is brash and only slightly less arrogant than Steve-O. 

That being stated, he is taking the high road with his reaction to the high on Travis Hunter, condemning death threats against Blackburn.  That hit was brutal and uncalled for but didn’t warrant death threats.  It was penalized and should have been. It was not targeting by rule and was addressed appropriately.  Anyone that thinks it was worth condemning a man to death is insane. 

Sanders gained some respect from me on this.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 06:56:05 AM by War Damn Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Love him or hate him…
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2023, 09:20:48 PM »
Personally, I don’t care for Coach Prime.  Some (Goodman on al.com for one) have said Auburn should have hired him instead of Freeze. I have issues with him wayyyy back to an 80’s Sugar Bowl loss. He is brash and only slightly less arrogant than Steve-O. 

That being stated, he is taking the high road with his reaction to the high on Travis Hunter, condemning death threats against Blackburn.  That hit was brutal and uncalled for but didn’t warrant death threats.  It was penalized and should have been. It was targeting by rule and was addressed appropriately.  Anyone that thinks it was worth condemning a man to death is insane. 

Sanders gained some respect from me on this.

I can’t ever like him.  My issues go that far back too

There were things he said in his 60 minutes interview,though, that I agreed with. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023, 09:59:36 AM »
Curious if anybody would have watched the 60 Minutes segment had the Buffs not pulled that game out day ass.  That's what I really want to see.  How is the college football world going to react when Colorado gets knocked down a notch or two?  To his credit, he's had nothing but success since he started coaching.  People are loving the circus, and riding that train as far as it will go. 

But what if Oregon and/or USC take them down by 20-30 points?  I have no idea if that will happen, but if it does, will anybody care about this story anymore?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2023, 10:03:31 AM »
BTW, I heard a caller this morning say Coach Prime doesn't need to hire good recruiters, because he can walk in the living room of any player in the country and get his commitment.

I guess Deion is holding out for a late push, because if you check the 247 top 50 rankings for 2024, you won't find Colorado anywhere in there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2023, 10:03:42 AM »
Curious if anybody would have watched the 60 Minutes segment had the Buffs not pulled that game out day ass.  That's what I really want to see.  How is the college football world going to react when Colorado gets knocked down a notch or two?  To his credit, he's had nothing but success since he started coaching.  People are loving the circus, and riding that train as far as it will go. 

But what if Oregon and/or USC take them down by 20-30 points?  I have no idea if that will happen, but if it does, will anybody care about this story anymore?

I don’t care about it now. It’s obnoxious noise. Even if they won the whole enchilada, I’m tuning out. Don’t wish Co’ Prime any harm or ill will, but can’t stand the narcissistic and loud approach. I am glad we went a different direction and got our Righteous Gemstone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2023, 10:49:44 AM »
I guess Deion is holding out for a late push, because if you check the 247 top 50 rankings for 2024, you won't find Colorado anywhere in there.

With what he got in the portal last year, I'm wondering if he's just done with high school students, and will focus mainly on the portal from here out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2023, 11:41:44 AM »

The hell you talking about? 

I done heard on the TeeVee Colorado is the best team in the history of college football.  They taking names. They makin' lists, bitch.  It's the greatest story in the history of sports. Not just college football... ALL sports for all time.  Ever.  They can't lose. Unless somebody is racist.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2023, 03:12:17 PM »
The hell you talking about? 

I done heard on the TeeVee Colorado is the best team in the history of college football.  They taking names. They makin' lists, bitch.  It's the greatest story in the history of sports. Not just college football... ALL sports for all time.  Ever.  They can't lose. Unless somebody is racist.
I think you know that there are a lot of people on the x that I fucking hate their guts. I despise them with the kind of hate that burns in my innards. But I have always respected you, so I hope you’ll listen to my well intentioned advice.

It is the spreading of condescending koonga boonga like this that has kept you on the right wing extremist watch list since the mid 90s.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Snakebite,
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com