Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Quatro

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Quatro
« on: September 19, 2023, 12:29:31 PM »
Most of the cupcakes are out of the way now, and we’re finally getting some juicy match ups.  FUGA still tangles with mighty UAB, though.  There are two games outside the SEC that could go a long way in seeing how the top 4 could start taking shape.

FSU @ Clemson: The Noles looked like a legit Final 4 team to start the season, by treating LSU like their prison bitch, and then rolling over Southern Miss.  However, they came all the way back down to earth Saturday, when they coulda’, shoulda, woulda’ lost to Boston College.  I watched the last quarter, and if not for a face mask penalty on a 3rd down stop, BC was getting the ball back to try and win the game. Clemson started the year getting embarrassed by Duke, then feasting on the next two cupcakes.  I tend to think these two programs are indicative of what college football looks like this year.  Could be really good, but wait…maybe not.  I think this is the year FSU knocks the fake Tigers off their ACC perch.

FSU:  31

Clemson:  24

THE Ohio State University @ Notre Dame:  The Nuts broke out a bit against Western Kentucky this past Saturday, but looked very pedestrian in their first two wins over Indiana and Youngstown State. Much like the Tahd, they didn’t know who would be under center until right before the season started.  The Irish, on the other hand, have no worries at QB.  Sam Hartman is throwing it around at a 71% completion clip, over 1,000 yards passing, with 13 TD and 0 INT’s.  That, and the fact that they’ll be playing in front of the watchful eyes of Touchdown Jesus, has me giving the Golden Domers the nod.

Notre Dame:  35

tOSU:  21

Ole Miss @ Alabama:  The talk shows the last week and a half have been a joy to sit back and listen to.  The crimson meltdown is epic. Send that POS coordinator back to Notre Dame. Saybinz done let the game pass him by.  Why the hell did they take Meal Row out the damn game? Are we getting’ Deeyon, or whut?  Pawwwl had a guest on yesterday that said, if you look at each player’s rating coming out of high school, Alabama actually has the most talented roster in the history of college football….on paper.  Well, at least since they started keeping up with such things as that.  But, something’s just not right at the Crapstoned.  As I said in GH’s thread, this is the best chance Kiffin will have to one-up Nicky.  He absolutely sucks as a big game corch, but I’m going to try him one more time.  Bama will probably beat them by 30, and all will be “right with the world” again.  However….

Ole Miss:  21

Bama:  17

Auburn @ Texas A&M:  Draft Kings has the Faggies as 7.5 point favorites.  The same analyst I alluded to above, picked Bama to lose to A&M too.  Somebody please explain to me why that program continues to get so much sunshine blown up its ass.  They looked like fucked butthole in all of 2022.  They’ve handled two nobodies, and got 48 dropped on them by Miami. They’re coached by a greasy car salesman. And yet, this is one highly dangerous team.  They may whip our ass.  I still have no clue how good, or bad we may be on offense.  I’ll take our D all day long, and if nothing else, I believe they’ll keep us in all our games this year.  I also think they’ll be the difference on Saturday.

Auburn:  24

A&M:  20

Feel free to opine, and/or talk amongst yourselves.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Quatro
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2023, 01:05:27 PM »
IFFFFFFF AGGIE whips our ass - it will be more indicative of Auburn still being a year or two away coming out of the Harsin mess, then it will of Aggie being "good". But people will buy that fool's gold regardless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2023, 01:35:12 PM »
I.
FSU:  38

Clemson:  21

Crab thieves get back in rhythm and the wheels continue to fall off for the crier.

II.
Notre Dame:  24

I could see this one flipped.  OSU is a superior roster, but the edge is being given to the better signal caller.

III.

Bama:  24

I think the defense comes together for the mullets and stymies Lane's game plan.  Milroe likely plays comfortably with a longer leash after seeing what his competition for the job did the week prior and has his best game. 

IV.

A&M:  31

I like your pick for Auburn to score 24, but I keep thinking about our game with Cal that we really had no business winning.  I don't think we play that poorly again, but with their talent and depth considered, I am prepared to receive our first L for the season.  Beating them and riding into the next week preparing for a matchup with FUGA undefeated?  Magic could come back to Auburn. 
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 01:55:40 PM by Snakebite »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2023, 02:39:04 PM »
Give us our cheer back, Chief     34
Give us a quarterback, please     17

Buck Nuts            13
Buch Nuts            35

Juice's Juicers       28
Happy Meal Row    20

Every rose has what?              31
Who vants a motorcycle ride?  27
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

chinook

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2023, 05:36:42 PM »
Give us our cheer back, Chief     34
Give us a quarterback, please     17

Buck Nuts            13
Buch Nuts            35

Juice's Juicers       28
Happy Meal Row    20

Every rose has what?              31
Who vants a motorcycle ride?  27

the struggle is real.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2023, 07:02:00 PM »
I.
FSU:  38

Clemson:  21

Crab thieves get back in rhythm and the wheels continue to fall off for the crier.

II.
Notre Dame:  24

I could see this one flipped.  OSU is a superior roster, but the edge is being given to the better signal caller.

III.

Bama:  24

I think the defense comes together for the mullets and stymies Lane's game plan.  Milroe likely plays comfortably with a longer leash after seeing what his competition for the job did the week prior and has his best game. 

IV.

A&M:  31

I like your pick for Auburn to score 24, but I keep thinking about our game with Cal that we really had no business winning.  I don't think we play that poorly again, but with their talent and depth considered, I am prepared to receive our first L for the season.  Beating them and riding into the next week preparing for a matchup with FUGA undefeated?  Magic could come back to Auburn.
Looks good. I think Ohio State wins though.

Anybody want a 3 team winner Saturday it's USC -34, Hawaii -2- and Appy St.+2-
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2023, 08:41:15 AM »
Notre Dame 36
Ohio State 32
A veritable shoot out with the Domers coming out on top. The media fawning will be unreal.

Oregon 27
Colorado 16
Bo Nix will be proclaimed a "hater" and a "non-believer" for not letting the OBVIOUS better team with the GREATEST coach to ever live win.  :taunt:

Alabama 35
Ole Miss 21
Lane's mouth is writing checks his ass nor his team can cash. Neither OL is special. Bama will run the ball down their throats and make them eat the words. Bama isn't for real but Ole Miss is fake funk if I've ever seen it.

Clemson 24
Florida State 20
FSU's "hopes" crash back to earth as injuries (particularly to the QB) catch up against Clemson.

Penn State 16
Iowa 12
A FG war breaks out in the Big Ten prime time game. Penn State won't be comfortable against the Iowa defense but limiting the turnovers should secure the vic. Iowa scores less than a nerdy 8th grader.

Texas A&M 37
Auburn 24
I think Auburn will jump out and surprise for about a quarter. Then, all those injuries, lack of depth, and the growing pains of Year 1 will set in while aTm does their thing. Aside from the Miami game, they've looked good. It's going to be loud and weird in College Station. They have more talent at this point.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 11:29:20 AM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg