Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Phat

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Phat
« on: March 24, 2023, 02:15:08 PM »
From CBS Sports

J'Marion Burnette, a four-star running back from Andalusia (Alabama) High School, announced Friday that he will stay in his home state and play for Hugh Freeze and the Auburn Tigers in 2024. Burnette chose the Tigers over several other FBS offers, including Alabama, Georgia, Arkansas, Florida State and Michigan.

Burnette is ranked No. 153 overall and is the 10th-ranked running back in the 2024 recruiting cycle. The 6-foot-1, 225-pound bruiser has rushed for 4,038 yards and 30 touchdowns during his three-year high school career. He rushed for 1,473 yards and 17 touchdowns as a junior, which helped lead his high school to a 14-1 record and a 4-A state title.

Burnette credited former interim head coach and current assistant Carnell "Cadillac" Williams as one of the big reasons why he chose to commit to the Tigers.

"It's because they make their recruits feel like family," Burnette told Auburn Undercover. "It's a great program, great coaching staff. Coach Caddy is amazing. He's been going out of the way since Auburn first offered me a year ago. He's just been keeping up with me nonstop."

Burnette attended Auburn's Junior Day on January 28, which led to 247Sports analysts giving him a 100% chance to join the Tigers in the 247Sports crystal ball. However, he made an unofficial visit to Florida State on March 21 prior to announcing his commitment on Friday.

Burnette will join a program that could offer immediate playing time. Rising junior running back Jarquez Hunter will be eligible for the NFL Draft following the 2023 season, which will be his first without former starter Tank Bigsby on the roster.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Phat
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 03:23:54 PM »
Lordy what a change.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2023, 03:26:01 PM »
From CBS Sports

J'Marion Burnette, a four-star running back from Andalusia (Alabama) High School, announced Friday that he will stay in his home state and play for Hugh Freeze and the Auburn Tigers in 2024. Burnette chose the Tigers over several other FBS offers, including Alabama, Georgia, Arkansas, Florida State and Michigan.

Burnette is ranked No. 153 overall and is the 10th-ranked running back in the 2024 recruiting cycle. The 6-foot-1, 225-pound bruiser has rushed for 4,038 yards and 30 touchdowns during his three-year high school career. He rushed for 1,473 yards and 17 touchdowns as a junior, which helped lead his high school to a 14-1 record and a 4-A state title.

Burnette credited former interim head coach and current assistant Carnell "Cadillac" Williams as one of the big reasons why he chose to commit to the Tigers.

"It's because they make their recruits feel like family," Burnette told Auburn Undercover. "It's a great program, great coaching staff. Coach Caddy is amazing. He's been going out of the way since Auburn first offered me a year ago. He's just been keeping up with me nonstop."

Burnette attended Auburn's Junior Day on January 28, which led to 247Sports analysts giving him a 100% chance to join the Tigers in the 247Sports crystal ball. However, he made an unofficial visit to Florida State on March 21 prior to announcing his commitment on Friday.

Burnette will join a program that could offer immediate playing time. Rising junior running back Jarquez Hunter will be eligible for the NFL Draft following the 2023 season, which will be his first without former starter Tank Bigsby on the roster.

This makes my noodle Al dente.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2023, 03:34:22 PM »
Lordy what a change.

Speaking of cruitin', Casey Poe, who some are calling the top O-lineman in the country was on campus Monday as well.  Kind of strange that after Con Air, Cameron Poe's daughter grew up to be a big ole strappin' youngun' from Texas. But hey, times have changed, I guess. To each his/her own.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2023, 04:28:33 PM »
Speaking of cruitin', Casey Poe, who some are calling the top O-lineman in the country was on campus Monday as well.  Kind of strange that after Con Air, Cameron Poe's daughter grew up to be a big ole strappin' youngun' from Texas. But hey, times have changed, I guess. To each his/her own.

Put the bunny, back in the box.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2023, 04:44:19 PM »
Put the bunny, back in the box.

Why couldn't you just put the bunny back in the box?

What's funny is I'm not as big a Cage hater as most.  I've enjoyed some of his stuff.  And Con Air is a great movie to me, with the exception of two things.  That God awful attempt at a southern accent, and the over-the-top final scene, landing the plane on the strip.  It's like 90% of it is fairly believable, but then you just throw up your arms and go, COME ON, MAAANNN.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 04:47:54 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2023, 11:33:53 PM »

What's funny is I'm not as big a Cage hater as most.  I've enjoyed some of his stuff.  And Con Air is a great movie to me, with the exception of two things.  That God awful attempt at a southern accent, and the over-the-top final scene, landing the plane on the strip.  It's like 90% of it is fairly believable, but then you just throw up your arms and go, COME ON, MAAANNN.

When they ruined that corvette, I was done!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2023, 07:07:02 AM »

I would hate to “Face/Off” against such a “National Treasure” such as Mr. Cage. “Knowing” that he could hold his own, and never predicting what he will do “Next”. I know that he has intimidated “The Rock” as he was “Leaving Las Vegas” a while back. He’s not just dangerous, he’s “Bangkok Dangerous”, even when dealing with the pressure of “The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent”.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2023, 07:57:05 AM »
I would hate to “Face/Off” against such a “National Treasure” such as Mr. Cage. “Knowing” that he could hold his own, and never predicting what he will do “Next”. I know that he has intimidated “The Rock” as he was “Leaving Las Vegas” a while back. He’s not just dangerous, he’s “Bangkok Dangerous”, even when dealing with the pressure of “The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent”.

Some top shelf internetin’ right there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2023, 09:17:01 AM »
Are we backing off this dude in favor of Hill from Mississippi?  I am hearing rumor of an impending mutual parting of ways.

There's been some talent on campus over the past weekend & more expected throughout the week.  Hoping to see this class start to grow through the rest of the month. 

At some point, I am going to stop doubting Huey, this staff, and their ability to pull in top talent.  The last couple of Gus years coupled with what the couch potatoes did on the recruiting front were very loose butthole.  Hard not to worry when there are lulls. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2023, 10:16:53 AM »
Are we backing off this dude in favor of Hill from Mississippi?  I am hearing rumor of an impending mutual parting of ways.

There's been some talent on campus over the past weekend & more expected throughout the week.  Hoping to see this class start to grow through the rest of the month. 

At some point, I am going to stop doubting Huey, this staff, and their ability to pull in top talent.  The last couple of Gus years coupled with what the couch potatoes did on the recruiting front were very loose butthole.  Hard not to worry when there are lulls.

It's becoming an almost daily thing, reading about very highly rated talent coming to campus and listing us in their top 5.  Like you said, it's been quite a few years since we have had that going on.  Bottom line, that's what it takes to play for champeenships.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2023, 10:22:14 AM »

Some seem to think the dude is a bit of a wacko upstairs, so I think if they can pull someone as good or better - they will. I know he did NOT Camp weekend before last even though he was there "observing"....I found that weird.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2023, 11:26:57 AM »
Some seem to think the dude is a bit of a wacko upstairs, so I think if they can pull someone as good or better - they will. I know he did NOT Camp weekend before last even though he was there "observing"....I found that weird.

He speaks about himself in the third person and skips Friday classes.  Kid is talented, but I'd prefer someone else.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2023, 11:31:20 AM »
He speaks about himself in the third person and skips Friday classes.  Kid is talented, but I'd prefer someone else.

Sounds like snakes in his head.  If true, I would prefer someone else also.  Besides Hill, are there any other RB's that we are targeting that any of you know about?  One of the coaches is quoted saying that they want 2 in this class, if I remember correctly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2023, 12:07:04 PM »
Sounds like snakes in his head.  If true, I would prefer someone else also.  Besides Hill, are there any other RB's that we are targeting that any of you know about?  One of the coaches is quoted saying that they want 2 in this class, if I remember correctly.

Haven't seen anything on running backs.  I did see where we had Keldrick Faulk's younger brother on campus.  Jakaleb Faulk 6'3" 225 linebacker. Apparently went through a workout with KF.  He has offers from us, Bama, Clemson, FUGA etc. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2023, 02:02:23 PM »

He's honestly given me Byron Coward vibes....talking to dolls and all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2023, 02:18:35 PM »
Ironically enough, this article popped up on Bleacher Report today. Yes, he's in the 2025 class, but good to know they're looking ahead.  Elba is a 2A powerhouse, and this guy is a human highlight reel.

The 2024 recruiting cycle is in full swing but that hasn’t stopped Auburn’s coaching staff from putting in the work with some 2025 targets.

One of those targets is four-star running back Alvin Henderson who is from Elba, Alabama. The 5-foot-10, 180-pounder spent this past week in Auburn on an unofficial visit for a basketball camp but spent plenty of time with the football coaches.

Auburn running back coach Cadillac Williams has focused on Henderson and it seems like his work will pay off. Christian Clemente of Auburn Undercover cast a crystal ball for Henderson to commit to Auburn on Monday and he isn’t the only one.

Cole Pinkston of On3 also predicted Henderson to Auburn on Monday. His prediction gives Henderson a 79.2% chance to commit to Auburn according to the Recruiting Prediction Machine.

Henderson is the No. 73 overall player and No. 5 running back in the 247Sports Composite ranking. He is also the No. 9 player from Alabama.

It’s pretty easy to see why Williams has made Henderson his top target, he has over 40 scholarship offers ahead of his junior season and has done nothing but produce for Elba High School.

He rushed for 1,115 yards and 24 touchdowns as a freshman to break onto the scene and took another step as a sophomore. He went for 2,636 yards and 47 touchdowns on 13.5 yards per carry.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2023, 02:28:28 PM »
Ironically enough, this article popped up on Bleacher Report today. Yes, he's in the 2025 class, but good to know they're looking ahead.  Elba is a 2A powerhouse, and this guy is a human highlight reel.

The 2024 recruiting cycle is in full swing but that hasn’t stopped Auburn’s coaching staff from putting in the work with some 2025 targets.

One of those targets is four-star running back Alvin Henderson who is from Elba, Alabama. The 5-foot-10, 180-pounder spent this past week in Auburn on an unofficial visit for a basketball camp but spent plenty of time with the football coaches.

Auburn running back coach Cadillac Williams has focused on Henderson and it seems like his work will pay off. Christian Clemente of Auburn Undercover cast a crystal ball for Henderson to commit to Auburn on Monday and he isn’t the only one.

Cole Pinkston of On3 also predicted Henderson to Auburn on Monday. His prediction gives Henderson a 79.2% chance to commit to Auburn according to the Recruiting Prediction Machine.

Henderson is the No. 73 overall player and No. 5 running back in the 247Sports Composite ranking. He is also the No. 9 player from Alabama.

It’s pretty easy to see why Williams has made Henderson his top target, he has over 40 scholarship offers ahead of his junior season and has done nothing but produce for Elba High School.

He rushed for 1,115 yards and 24 touchdowns as a freshman to break onto the scene and took another step as a sophomore. He went for 2,636 yards and 47 touchdowns on 13.5 yards per carry.

Quoting my Libby... "Gimme.  I want it."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2023, 11:52:35 AM »
Four star LB, Joseph Phillips, from Tuskegee, is set to announce at noon today.  He's had multiple visits to the Planez, but is fresh off a visit to the cesspool of Athens.  It's though to be between us and FUGA.  6'2" 251.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2023, 12:01:01 PM »
Four star LB, Joseph Phillips, from Tuskegee, is set to announce at noon today.  He's had multiple visits to the Planez, but is fresh off a visit to the cesspool of Athens.  It's though to be between us and FUGA.  6'2" 251.

I know we were at one point considered a heavy favorite.  The trip to Athens, I hope, did not change that.  He seems like a pretty good get if we can land him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions