Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Port Hole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Port Hole
« Reply #200 on: January 20, 2023, 02:17:49 PM »
Adios to Jeremy Johnson part 2. The room gets better just with the prospect of his absence, not taking reps away from people that have actual potential to compete at the SEC level. I think Hugh wanted McCall, then shifted to wanting to exclusively work with Ashford to see how coachable he is when McCall didn’t work out. We will either get a depth piece or a potential starter in May depending on how spring looks with RA & HG, if I was a betting man.

May 1 is the next portal opening date. Thats when I would expect him to leave if hes gonna.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #201 on: February 02, 2023, 10:47:29 AM »
Even though this is the Port Hole thread, it's where we're talking noobies coming to teh Planez.  Great day for the good guys yesterday on two fronts. As expected, 4* RB, Jeremiah Cobb, inked with the Tigers.  We also got a 2024 commitment from 4* DB, Jaylen Lewis.  Next came a verbal for 2025 from a 6'6" 280 pound O-lineman.  Forget his name. Malik Something or Other.  Already on the radar of quite a few big dogs.

Lourde Bruce got the signature of 5* point guard, Tahaad Pettiford.  Great news, but tempered just a bit.  Never turn down a five star, but realize he's 5'11" 160.  Corch Pearlz needs one of those things at the fair that shows a minimum height requirement to ride this ride.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #202 on: February 02, 2023, 10:57:35 AM »
Even though this is the Port Hole thread, it's where we're talking noobies coming to teh Planez.  Great day for the good guys yesterday on two fronts. As expected, 4* RB, Jeremiah Cobb, inked with the Tigers.  We also got a 2024 commitment from 4* DB, Jaylen Lewis.  Next came a verbal for 2025 from a 6'6" 280 pound O-lineman.  Forget his name. Malik Something or Other.  Already on the radar of quite a few big dogs.

Lourde Bruce got the signature of 5* point guard, Tahaad Pettiford.  Great news, but tempered just a bit.  Never turn down a five star, but realize he's 5'11" 160.  Corch Pearlz needs one of those things at the fair that shows a minimum height requirement to ride this ride.
Snag's is antimidget.
The little fella can ball my friend... just on a smaller scale.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #203 on: February 02, 2023, 11:30:31 AM »
Snag's is antimidget.

I am not anti-midget.  I'm an Anti-Dentite.

Here's the dealio. What have we been harping on all season?  The fact that our guards can't guard anyone with length, nor can they shoot over them.  No, I'm never going to turn down a 5 star baller at any position. Damn glad to get him.  But, just accept that if we don't get bigger in our back court, expect more of the same.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #204 on: February 02, 2023, 11:32:46 AM »
Snag's is antimidget.
Snaggs also knows a little German
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #205 on: February 02, 2023, 11:41:04 AM »

He's right over there.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #206 on: February 02, 2023, 03:32:27 PM »
Kleine Pointguards sind auch Menschen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #207 on: February 02, 2023, 04:09:50 PM »
He's right over there.

Know any good white basketball players?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #208 on: February 03, 2023, 12:12:54 AM »
Kleine Pointguards sind auch Menschen.

Baron Von . Is that you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #209 on: February 03, 2023, 12:19:42 PM »
Not to be overlooked, is the fact that Jeremiah Cobb's teammate, Gabe Russo, signed as a Preferred Walk On.  Don't even know what that means. 

Russo is a punter/kicker, and listed as a 5 star All American.  I'm good with that.

Now, if U Free would get off his lazy ass and sign a Long Snapper, this class might be something. Sheesh!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #210 on: February 03, 2023, 11:48:48 PM »
Dax should have a kid old enough by now, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #211 on: February 04, 2023, 08:01:07 AM »
Dax should have a kid old enough by now, right?
Longsnapper U baby!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #212 on: February 04, 2023, 03:53:51 PM »
Being speculated that McCall is working to graduate this spring so that he can come to Auburn in May. If true, another win or 2 for the good guys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #213 on: February 06, 2023, 09:39:29 AM »
Being speculated that McCall is working to graduate this spring so that he can come to Auburn in May. If true, another win or 2 for the good guys.

Would be YUGGGEEE
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #214 on: March 23, 2023, 11:28:10 AM »
Port Hole update.

Linebackers, Kam Brown and Desmond Tisdol, are exiting stage left. Tisdol stings a little, since he was getting more playing time, and provided some depth at the position.  Maybe we can grab some experience from the port hole after the Spring.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #215 on: March 23, 2023, 12:05:08 PM »
Port Hole update.

Linebackers, Kam Brown and Desmond Tisdol, are exiting stage left. Tisdol stings a little, since he was getting more playing time, and provided some depth at the position.  Maybe we can grab some experience from the port hole after the Spring.

This is true about Tisdol. But he always seemed a step slow and out of position.
So I am not really sure of the impact long term. 
Brown did not seem to be coming along as fast as he should have. But there was always hope.
Hate to lose the depth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #216 on: March 23, 2023, 04:43:43 PM »
si.com

The transfer portal giveth, and the transfer portal taketh away.

The Tigers have lost two backup linebackers to the portal in the last day, with Kameron Brown and Desmond Tisdol announcing plans to enter the portal on Wednesday.

Hugh Freeze noted on Monday afternoon that linebacker was one of the deeper units on the team. Now, with two men out, the rotation gets a little tighter.

Here's an updated look at the entire room as the Tigers work through spring practice.

#0 DeMario Tolan, So.
- 6-foot-1, 203 lbs

Bio: Transfer from LSU, recorded 10 tackles in 12 games.

Projection: Potential starter

#9 Eugene Asante, Jr.
- 6-foot-1, 219 lbs

Bio: Transfer from North Carolina, 62 career tackles, injured last season.

Projection: Contributing backup

#12 Austin Keys, Jr.
- 6-foot-2, 235 lbs

Bio: Transfer from Ole Miss, 51 tackles, 3.5 TFL, 2.0 sacks in two seasons with Rebels.

Projection: Starter

#13 Cam Riley, Jr.
- 6-foot-5, 237 lbs

Bio: Appeared in 33 games for Auburn, 88 career tackles (65 last season), 4.5 TFL.

Projection: Starter

#17 Robert Woodyard Jr, RS Fr.
- 6-foot-0, 241 lbs

Bio: Top-150 prospect in 2022 class, appeared in four games for Auburn last season, recording four tackles.

Projection: Backup

#31 Powell Gordon, RS Fr.
- 6-foot-2, 222 lbs

Bio: Three-star prospect, captain at Auburn High School, redshirted in 2022.

Projection: Third-string

#32 Wesley Steiner, Sr.
- 6-foot-0, 239 lbs

Bio: Appeared in 34 games over three seasons for Auburn, recorded 70 total career tackles, career-high 46 in 2022.

Projection: Backup

#46 Jake Levant, Jr.

- 6-foot-1, 233 lbs

Bio: Appeared in 20 total games for Auburn over three seasons, recorded 4 tackles in 2022. Earned scholarship during fall camp.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #217 on: April 15, 2023, 09:35:01 AM »
Opened back up today. As of this post, Brown (LB), Tisdol (LB), Dawson (WR), and M’ba (DL) are out.

I guess I could have put (BW) for “Bench Warmer” instead.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 09:37:22 AM by Snakebite »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

« Reply #218 on: April 15, 2023, 11:10:18 AM »
Opened back up today. As of this post, Brown (LB), Tisdol (LB), Dawson (WR), and M’ba (DL) are out.

I guess I could have put (BW) for “Bench Warmer” instead.

Seems to be a recurring theme in a ton of portal moves.  Don't like the play time you're getting?  Leave!  Why should you be expected to go talk to your coach and ask them what you can do in practice to earn more playing time.  That's the old way of thinking, you boomers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #219 on: April 15, 2023, 04:45:18 PM »
Seems to be a recurring theme in a ton of portal moves.  Don't like the play time you're getting?  Leave!  Why should you be expected to go talk to your coach and ask them what you can do in practice to earn more playing time.  That's the old way of thinking, you boomers.
I am not pleased at all with the lack of respect for me, here and there are very few Likes and compliments that come my way.

I would definitely enter the portal and carry my talents to somewhere other than the x but I know that’s exactly what most want me to do. So, I refuse.

Sticks and stones, motherfuckers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com