Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Port Hole

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Port Hole
« Reply #180 on: January 17, 2023, 03:16:05 PM »
I was on the fence before, but with this new addition.... I feel like we can win right away.
Now?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #181 on: January 17, 2023, 03:34:04 PM »
Now?

Sure can, McNurra (said with 3 towel twirls).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #182 on: January 17, 2023, 03:56:29 PM »
Sure can, McNurra (said with 3 towel twirls).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Snakebite,
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #183 on: January 17, 2023, 04:04:12 PM »
I aint even going there SnakeyPoo. Bad mojo. Karma. Juju. Nope, not doing it.

BtDubbz - the ole miss grove mafia (<snicker>) is threatening to release some more juice about Hewww "cause we mad as hell hes done messed us up!".

That crew is hilarious.

Oh noes.  They gots receipts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #184 on: January 17, 2023, 04:14:44 PM »
I aint even going there SnakeyPoo. Bad mojo. Karma. Juju. Nope, not doing it.

BtDubbz - the ole miss grove mafia (<snicker>) is threatening to release some more juice about Hewww "cause we mad as hell hes done messed us up!".

That crew is hilarious.

Yeah, but can we win right away this year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #185 on: January 18, 2023, 11:34:06 AM »
Yeah, but can we win right away this year?

McNurra and towel swirls already given, so yes. Btw, we have Auburn is the place to be with the best player names. That account for 2 wins by itself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #186 on: January 18, 2023, 07:50:19 PM »
Boise St's all everything qb, Bachmeier is transferring to....LaTech?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #187 on: January 18, 2023, 08:40:24 PM »
Oh noes.  They gots receipts.

Neal mccredddy dun said so!

Biggest travesty of lane kiffin at ole miss is it’s made that entire bunch the most delusional bunch of asshats in the secw. They actually think they are on par with the super power programs. It’s hilarious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #188 on: January 19, 2023, 08:54:46 AM »
Boise St's all everything qb, Bachmeier is transferring to....LaTech?
Done with taters...he's on a personal quest for gumbo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #189 on: January 19, 2023, 02:09:37 PM »
Odd move, but former Okie State QB, Spenser Sanders, chose Ole Miss as his next destination.  Laney must not have much faith in Jaxson Dart anymore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #190 on: January 19, 2023, 03:21:06 PM »
Odd move, but former Okie State QB, Spenser Sanders, chose Ole Miss as his next destination.  Laney must not have much faith in Jaxson Dart anymore.

Dart and Sanders seem pretty apples to apples to me, with maybe Dart still having a higher ceiling. Ole Miss, by all appearances, is on the decline… and I don’t mind one bit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #191 on: January 19, 2023, 07:43:00 PM »
Dart and Sanders seem pretty apples to apples to me, with maybe Dart still having a higher ceiling. Ole Miss, by all appearances, is on the decline… and I don’t mind one bit.

Add to that they just took another portal qb a day or two before too. Lane is a weird mfer. Dart was NOT their issue last year. I’m considering lane train a disaster averted for us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #192 on: January 19, 2023, 08:47:27 PM »
Add to that they just took another portal qb a day or two before too. Lane is a weird mfer. Dart was NOT their issue last year. I’m considering lane train a disaster averted for us.

I thought he would have been a terrible fit. He is the same coach he was before taking lessons from the garden gnome up state. Good enough offense, porous defense, and shitty decision-making skills in and out of game. Considerably more inept morally than Hugh ever was, but doesn’t blast the Good News across all platforms before sourcing some “high-class” action, and has the privilege of never being seriously investigated for his misdeeds. That investigation probably would have happened had he taken the Auburn job, though.

I’m a fan of who we’ve got, what he’s done since getting the job, and the hope/excitement that he has instilled in the base.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #193 on: January 20, 2023, 08:03:18 AM »

I’m a fan of who we’ve got, what he’s done since getting the job, and the hope/excitement that he has instilled in the base.
Given the choice I agree Auburn got the better head coach. I think of Kiffin as more of a play caller much like Petrino.

Just observing the second half of the schedule it did appear that Dart was not "the guy" that could bail Ole Miss out of a deficit. Kiffin made the choice because at least IMO, I think he saw the same. 
Auburn offered a better fit for Sanders and several other available QBs in the early portal all who chose to go elsewhere.

Doubtful Ashford transformed into Nick Marshall over the last few months so it's somewhat strange that we weren't able to entice at least one new veteran into the fold that "isn't afraid of competition."
The facilities, the surrounding cast with an established starting back, a few new receivers and a retooled line should have been enough with our offensive staff to add another QB.

Guess we'll just have to roll with what we got.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #194 on: January 20, 2023, 09:02:19 AM »
Given the choice I agree Auburn got the better head coach. I think of Kiffin as more of a play caller much like Petrino.

Just observing the second half of the schedule it did appear that Dart was not "the guy" that could bail Ole Miss out of a deficit. Kiffin made the choice because at least IMO, I think he saw the same. 
Auburn offered a better fit for Sanders and several other available QBs in the early portal all who chose to go elsewhere.

Doubtful Ashford transformed into Nick Marshall over the last few months so it's somewhat strange that we weren't able to entice at least one new veteran into the fold that "isn't afraid of competition."
The facilities, the surrounding cast with an established starting back, a few new receivers and a retooled line should have been enough with our offensive staff to add another QB.

Could be that 'ol Hue saw something in Ashford that intrigued him.  That combined with the fact that the newborn giraffe has decided to go through spring practices makes him think he can wait it out and see who is available after the practices of spring are over to look elsewhere if needed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #195 on: January 20, 2023, 11:32:45 AM »
I thought he would have been a terrible fit. He is the same coach he was before taking lessons from the garden gnome up state. Good enough offense, porous defense, and shitty decision-making skills in and out of game. Considerably more inept morally than Hugh ever was, but doesn’t blast the Good News across all platforms before sourcing some “high-class” action, and has the privilege of never being seriously investigated for his misdeeds. That investigation probably would have happened had he taken the Auburn job, though.

if the public knew half of what many of these other coaches have done or the remote direction of which their moral compasses point.......Lane may be one of the biggest offenders too. The fiasco with he and Layla has been very forgotten. Upon some research, its pretty obvious the dude is 100% morally bankrupt and always will be. Ive been vocal about 2nd chances. Almost anyone can make their peace and 180 their life after a mistake. But Kiffin is one of those that isn't defined by a singular instance of something. He has a pattern of over a decade of bad behavior.

Hes always looking for the "mistress" or the greener grass - figuratively in his career and in his personal life. And honestly as a HC in a conference this high profile, the professional side of that may be more important. The guy is always looking to the next gig...always. This goes back to USC, UT, Raiders and USC again.

All that factored into his coaching flaws - just is not worth the hype and money he receives. He is a pure play caller and overage frat boy wannabe playing the role of HC at a major sec program and you see the results. His in-game decisions are bewildering. NO...THANKS.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 11:35:38 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #196 on: January 20, 2023, 11:37:00 AM »

spring practice will reveal many more portal opportunities. You can sign one at any time but they cant show up until summer....thats all the deadline earlier this week was for really (spring semester).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #197 on: January 20, 2023, 11:47:51 AM »
spring practice will reveal many more portal opportunities. You can sign one at any time but they cant show up until summer....thats all the deadline earlier this week was for really (spring semester).
I'm glad for it bc we do need a solid backup. Maybe we end up with someone similar to Ashford.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #198 on: January 20, 2023, 11:52:46 AM »
I'm glad for it bc we do need a solid backup. Maybe we end up with someone similar to Ashford.

Robbie needs competition. I don't think anyone expects TJ to be around after A Day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #199 on: January 20, 2023, 01:24:28 PM »
Robbie needs competition. I don't think anyone expects TJ to be around after A Day.

Adios to Jeremy Johnson part 2. The room gets better just with the prospect of his absence, not taking reps away from people that have actual potential to compete at the SEC level. I think Hugh wanted McCall, then shifted to wanting to exclusively work with Ashford to see how coachable he is when McCall didn’t work out. We will either get a depth piece or a potential starter in May depending on how spring looks with RA & HG, if I was a betting man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions