• No, YOU Move!
We are who we…
« on: September 04, 2022, 08:04:11 AM »
Thought we were.

Lackluster weather-marred win. 

1. OL struggled to get push
2. JT - and I’m still on his bus - threw two picks
3. Emotionally flat
4. Clearly lacking talent across the board and that’s only going to get worse. 

Ashford looked better than I thought.  The rest was just a depressing movie I’ve already seen and reviewed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: We are who we…
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2022, 10:51:52 AM »
Figure out the QB situation and they could be pretty good.  Kam Riley was in on 15 tackles, 9 solo.  He looked great. Tank is a different type back.  Really doesn’t have break away speed.  But he rarely goes down on first contact and always seems to bounce it out and head north and south quickly. 

They need to use this Saturday to settle on a QB and how they’re going to use him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2022, 01:45:20 PM »
Figure out the QB situation and they could be pretty good.  Kam Riley was in on 15 tackles, 9 solo.  He looked great. Tank is a different type back.  Really doesn’t have break away speed.  But he rarely goes down on first contact and always seems to bounce it out and head north and south quickly. 

They need to use this Saturday to settle on a QB and how they’re going to use him.

I like the change up of having Ashford come in and do some things differently.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2022, 02:38:33 PM »

It’s not that the back up QB is the most popular guy on the team, but I think it’s clear that Ashford brings a lot more to the table than Finley.  Especially if what we saw from TJ last night was what we have to expect from him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2022, 05:20:22 PM »
It’s not that the back up QB is the most popular guy on the team, but I think it’s clear that Ashford brings a lot more to the table than Finley.  Especially if what we saw from TJ last night was what we have to expect from him.

That ^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2022, 06:22:37 PM »
That ^

What difference at this point does it make?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2022, 09:08:29 PM »
What difference at this point does it make?

Because this is the team we have. Not going all Gay AU Nation here, but these are our guys and I’m always invested in this program.  Unless you fucking quit, like 2012, I’m invested. Right now, we’re still the team picked to finish last in the West.  Jim Donnan said the only team we’re more talented than, is Vandy.  They don’t even show our highlights on SEC Network.  Fuck em’. 

This team has some talent.  Not winning the West talent.  But 8-9 wins talent that will spike recruiting.  Get the QB position situated, and watch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2022, 08:19:34 AM »
Because this is the team we have. Not going all Gay AU Nation here, but these are our guys and I’m always invested in this program.  Unless you fucking quit, like 2012, I’m invested. Right now, we’re still the team picked to finish last in the West.  Jim Donnan said the only team we’re more talented than, is Vandy.  They don’t even show our highlights on SEC Network.  Fuck em’. 

This team has some talent.  Not winning the West talent.  But 8-9 wins talent that will spike recruiting.  Get the QB position situated, and watch.

I’d like to believe that.  I really would. 

What I see is 5 - 6 wins and no help on the horizon. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2022, 03:59:05 PM »
I’d like to believe that.  I really would. 

What I see is 5 - 6 wins and no help on the horizon.

All hat no cattle 2010 national champions they are not…
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2022, 05:09:38 PM »

Is that the rule now? If it is then why even watch anymore.

Snags is right. There is a vested interest regardless. I want them to have the best chance to succeed. Ashford is also more electrifying to watch. He makes the O fun.

If he can develop a pass while on the run - it won’t even be a close contest. That’s the only thing holding him back at this point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2022, 05:34:06 PM »

Snags is right. There is a vested interest regardless. I want them to have the best chance to succeed. Ashford is also more electrifying to watch. He makes the O fun.

If he can develop a pass while on the run - it won’t even be a close contest. That’s the only thing holding him back at this point.

It’ll be interesting to see who starts against SJS.  Hope Hatpin sees that Teejay is limited and Assfurd gives him more options.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2022, 06:15:43 PM »

wtf does that even mean? please
lecture us, the slow learners.  otherwise that’s a terrible take and comparison.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2022, 06:24:18 PM »

No. It's not the rule.  All I really want is somebody like Bruce Pearl running the football program. 

Engages with the fans.  Heart on his sleeve. Knows the game and knows how to sell the program.  Knows what to do with the talent he draws. 

Recruiting wasn't Gus' problem.  Maximizing the talent he had absolutely was.  Hammer the same square pegs into the three round holes he knew.  How many good players did he run off or ruin? 

Recruiting wasn't Chizik's problem.  He was closer to Pearl in terms of selling the program than any. 

Recruiting wasn't Tuberville's problem (until Jacobs took a shit in his face and told him it was a Snickers bar).

Recruiting is absolutely Hasbeen's problem. That's why it's hard to watch now... there's nothing much behind the front lines (which isn't quite where it needs to be, even now) and there isn't a lot of hope waiting in the wings. 

Hutchens is out of his depth.  He just is.  I don't want it to be the case.  But it's obvious. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2022, 10:44:26 PM »

You mean like not throwing picks?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2022, 10:58:34 PM »
wtf does that even mean? please
lecture us, the slow learners.  otherwise that’s a terrible take and comparison.

Last time Kaos told us a coach was all hat no cattle, that guy took us to great heights. Is this another of his great predictions…
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2022, 09:36:17 AM »
Last time Kaos told us a coach was all hat no cattle, that guy took us to great heights. Is this another of his great predictions…

Yeah.  How'd that work out?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2022, 09:55:35 AM »
I don't see the talent deficiency that some are claiming.  They're still shaking out the WR position, but that is the only group that I'd start to question the quality of player.

I'm still solidly on 8 wins, with 10 a realistic possibility. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2022, 10:33:03 AM »
I noticed that Landen King didn't have a catch.  Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing him in the game.  Was he hurt?  Not involved? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2022, 10:41:10 AM »
I noticed that Landen King didn't have a catch.  Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing him in the game.  Was he hurt?  Not involved?

He was dressed on the sideline.  I, too, wanted to see him sailing across the middle of the field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2022, 11:06:06 AM »
One guy who quietly had a decent night, was DB, Keionte Scott.  Hadn't heard his name much in any of the preseason skuttlebutt.  He had 5 total tackles, 2 solo.  He also returned 3 punts for and average of 11.3 per return. 

I think Ja'Varrius Johnson fielded the first couple of punts, then Scott took over.  He looked pretty quick to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions