Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

We are who we…

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: We are who we…
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2022, 11:14:58 AM »
One guy who quietly had a decent night, was DB, Keionte Scott.  Hadn't heard his name much in any of the preseason skuttlebutt.  He had 5 total tackles, 2 solo.  He also returned 3 punts for and average of 11.3 per return. 

I think Ja'Varrius Johnson fielded the first couple of punts, then Scott took over.  He looked pretty quick to me.

He's shitcherpants fast.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2022, 11:23:42 AM »
He's shitcherpants fast.

Prowler?  Zat u?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2022, 12:01:25 PM »
I’m prefer the second #6 fielding punts…

And all hat no cattle did bring us a national championship.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2022, 12:24:38 PM »
I’m prefer the second #6 fielding punts…

And all hat no cattle did bring us a national championship.

I personally think the championship was worth the fall two years later. We will always have it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2022, 02:24:33 PM »
I personally think the championship was worth the fall two years later. We will always have it.

I hated that part of it. But no way in hell
I trade it for more stability.
It would be nice to win a championship AND continue to have a high caliber program for many years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2022, 02:28:20 PM »
I hated that part of it. But no way in hell
I trade it for more stability.
It would be nice to win a championship AND continue to have a high caliber program for many years.

That's not the Auburn way.  Know your Creed.

I believe in hard work.  I believe in the rollercoaster that is Auburn Football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2022, 03:04:49 PM »
That's not the Auburn way.  Know your Creed.

I believe in hard work.  I believe in the rollercoaster that is Auburn Football.

THAT! ^^

We only had one bad year from 2010's reward too. So yes ill take having 2012 for having 2010 also. 2013 we were right back in it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2022, 03:20:10 PM »
I noticed that Landen King didn't have a catch.  Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing him in the game.  Was he hurt?  Not involved?

Still learning his new position according to coarch Ike.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Harsin-on-sophomore-wide-receiver-Landen-King-We-need-to-get-him-out-there-192809572/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2022, 05:17:28 PM »
Axed and answered.  Thanks

If only there were someone who could make that happen. Someone who gets paid to put good players on the field. Someone where that's their job. If only.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2022, 07:43:43 AM »
THAT! ^^

We only had one bad year from 2010's reward too. So yes ill take having 2012 for having 2010 also. 2013 we were right back in it.

Because Chizik and to a lesser extent Gus could recruit. 

NOT what we are seeing now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2022, 08:55:18 AM »
Because Chizik and to a lesser extent Gus could recruit. 

NOT what we are seeing now.

Chizik? Yes

Gus? On paper (rivals stars, etc), yes. He sucked at roster mgt and recruiting for need. He also sucked at evals.

The OLinemen that Chiz recruited were just sick. Between 2010-2014, look at cupboard. The 2014 Aggie snafu aside. You start listing off names like Pugh, Ziemba, Kozan, Robinson, Isom, Dismukes, even Coleman. And ill never bad mouth Chad Slide ever again. I'd kill to have our second string from those years now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2022, 10:52:00 AM »
I'd kill to have our second string from those years now.

But would you marry or fuck for it? Inquiring minds want to know...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2022, 11:22:38 AM »
But would you marry or fuck for it? Inquiring minds want to know...

Marry Chiz
Fuck Harsin
Kill Gus

Oh wait...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
The Six,
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2022, 11:29:49 AM »
Chizik? Yes

Gus? On paper (rivals stars, etc), yes. He sucked at roster mgt and recruiting for need. He also sucked at evals.

The OLinemen that Chiz recruited were just sick. Between 2010-2014, look at cupboard. The 2014 Aggie snafu aside. You start listing off names like Pugh, Ziemba, Kozan, Robinson, Isom, Dismukes, even Coleman. And ill never bad mouth Chad Slide ever again. I'd kill to have our second string from those years now.

According to 247, our OL recruiting has gone like zis:

2018:

Jalil Irvin  3"

Kameron Stutts  3*

2019:

Keiondre Jones  4*

Justin Osborne  3*

Kamaar Bell  3*

2020:

Kilian Zierer  3*

Avery Jernigan  3*

Brenden Coffey  3*

Tate Johnson  3*

Jeremiah Wright  3*

Brandon Council - Transfer from Akron

2021:

Colby Smith  3*

Garner Langlo  3*

Back in the 2017 class, we had 5* Calvin Ashley, who was a complete wash out.  We also had Nick Brahms and Austin Troxell, both 4*.  So, in the last 4 recruiting classes, we've signed one 4* lineman.  I don't know what the problem has been in recruiting that room, but it's become painfully obvious that highly rated O-linemen aren't coming to this program.  Right now, I think we can hold our own this season because this group, now sans Nick Brahms, has a butt load of starts under their belt and lot of years in the weight room.  But next year?????

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2022, 12:39:35 PM »
According to 247, our OL recruiting has gone like zis:

2018:

Jalil Irvin  3"

Kameron Stutts  3*

2019:

Keiondre Jones  4*

Justin Osborne  3*

Kamaar Bell  3*

2020:

Kilian Zierer  3*

Avery Jernigan  3*

Brenden Coffey  3*

Tate Johnson  3*

Jeremiah Wright  3*

Brandon Council - Transfer from Akron

2021:

Colby Smith  3*

Garner Langlo  3*

Back in the 2017 class, we had 5* Calvin Ashley, who was a complete wash out.  We also had Nick Brahms and Austin Troxell, both 4*.  So, in the last 4 recruiting classes, we've signed one 4* lineman.  I don't know what the problem has been in recruiting that room, but it's become painfully obvious that highly rated O-linemen aren't coming to this program.  Right now, I think we can hold our own this season because this group, now sans Nick Brahms, has a butt load of starts under their belt and lot of years in the weight room.  But next year?????

Correct

Gus recruited...just not for need (ahem, OL and WR, ahem).

Our OL right now isn't as bad as we think though....I think the current staff has helped in that regard. They actually grade out middle of the pack in conf over the last 8-10 games. Yes, it shocked me too. So if they are "average", doesn't that lend itself to Ashford being behind Center as opposed to quikcrete feet? DT QB would be ok behind a salvageable line. Not so much a statue QB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE