Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Olympic Observations

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Olympic Observations
« on: July 28, 2021, 12:29:17 PM »
I'm old, so get the hell off my lawn.  Growing up, the Olympics were must-see TV.  You knew the athletes and followed every event.  You had to keep up with the medal count and make sure those evil Russians and steroid pumping German women weren't getting ahead. Bruce Jenner was the greatest all-around athlete on earth.  Now he's a...well, I don't know what he is.  But I digress.

Now, the Olympics have fallen completely off my radar.  Maybe they just haven't promoted it well enough.  Maybe not allowing fans makes it look like training sessions.  Maybe I have no interest in watching athletes wear USA on their jersey while kneeling or turning their backs in ridiculous protest of the very country they chose to represent.  Whatever the reason(s), I've only watched about 15 minutes of coverage, and that was last night when I came across a USA men's volleyball match.  That's the sport I played at Auburn (Club) and when played at the level I saw last night, is F'ing awesome.

The story that's dominated the last 24 hours is gymnast, Simone Biles, withdrawing in the middle of competition so she can "take care of her mental health." This is apparently a thing nowadays because just a few months ago, the #1 women's tennis player did the same thing in the middle of a Majors tournament.  The interviews were too stressful for her.  The majority of the talking heads, with the exception of Clay Travis, are all saying the "right things", how brave and courageous Biles is.  But something seems off here.  

Let me say that I in no way would ever make light of real mental health issues.  That's some dangerous stuff to deal with.  Believe it or not, even ole Snags here found out he has a breaking point.  I watched the press conference yesterday and Biles sounded almost flippant about the whole thing.  "Yeah, I knew I wasn't in the right place mentally so I let my teammates finish up."  It was like a post-practice interview and she was going for a latte afterward with friends.  

So, what if after the first quarter of the Super Bowl, Tom Brady said, "You know what? Not feeling it today.  My head's not in the right place.  I think I'm gonna' sit the rest of this one out."  It's the bottom of the 9th in game 7 of the World Series and the Braves are down 1, Freddie Freeman is coming up with runners in scoring position. (Yeah, I know....never happen) Freddie walks back to the dugout and says, "Yo Snit, I don't have it mentally today.  I need to go take care of me." Again, not to make light of mental issues, but that's what I'm seeing here.  And people are overwhelmingly praising her for it.  That's what's almost disturbing to me.

It's often been said that sports are a microcosm of society. Or something like that.  Okay, maybe nobody ever said that, but whatever.  I was talking with a buddy this morning about this story and he said he wondered what would have happened if during two-a-days in August, in full pads in the sweltering heat, he told the coach he mentally wasn't feeling it. I know this is more a physical example, but does anybody recall Teddy Bridgewater being carried down the field by his linemen after each play on the winning drive while he was at Marshall? His leg was busted up and he could barely stand.  My "breaking point" was when I was taking that 3 day pop quiz called the Alabama State Bar.  I had poured my life into preparing for that thing because I was just about out on the street if I didn't pass it.  I broke down mentally after the first day.  Snagette can tell you I called her begging to come home.  Luckily, she doesn't like me that much and cussed me out.  One of my buddies got in my face and made me show up to finish the next two days.  I hate him for that.

The point being that it seems we're headed to a strange place in society.  We used to admire courage and fighting through adversity.  Now, we praise those who fold at the first hint of being uncomfortable.  Is it just me?  Am I being too harsh?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Olympic Observations
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 12:46:18 PM »
I'm old, so get the hell off my lawn.  Growing up, the Olympics were must-see TV.  You knew the athletes and followed every event.  You had to keep up with the medal count and make sure those evil Russians and steroid pumping German women weren't getting ahead. Bruce Jenner was the greatest all-around athlete on earth.  Now he's a...well, I don't know what he is.  But I digress.

Now, the Olympics have fallen completely off my radar.  Maybe they just haven't promoted it well enough.  Maybe not allowing fans makes it look like training sessions.  Maybe I have no interest in watching athletes wear USA on their jersey while kneeling or turning their backs in ridiculous protest of the very country they chose to represent.  Whatever the reason(s), I've only watched about 15 minutes of coverage, and that was last night when I came across a USA men's volleyball match.  That's the sport I played at Auburn (Club) and when played at the level I saw last night, is F'ing awesome.

The story that's dominated the last 24 hours is gymnast, Simone Biles, withdrawing in the middle of competition so she can "take care of her mental health." This is apparently a thing nowadays because just a few months ago, the #1 women's tennis player did the same thing in the middle of a Majors tournament.  The interviews were too stressful for her.  The majority of the talking heads, with the exception of Clay Travis, are all saying the "right things", how brave and courageous Biles is.  But something seems off here. 

Let me say that I in no way would ever make light of real mental health issues.  That's some dangerous stuff to deal with.  Believe it or not, even ole Snags here found out he has a breaking point.  I watched the press conference yesterday and Biles sounded almost flippant about the whole thing.  "Yeah, I knew I wasn't in the right place mentally so I let my teammates finish up."  It was like a post-practice interview and she was going for a latte afterward with friends. 

So, what if after the first quarter of the Super Bowl, Tom Brady said, "You know what? Not feeling it today.  My head's not in the right place.  I think I'm gonna' sit the rest of this one out."  It's the bottom of the 9th in game 7 of the World Series and the Braves are down 1, Freddie Freeman is coming up with runners in scoring position. (Yeah, I know....never happen) Freddie walks back to the dugout and says, "Yo Snit, I don't have it mentally today.  I need to go take care of me." Again, not to make light of mental issues, but that's what I'm seeing here.  And people are overwhelmingly praising her for it.  That's what's almost disturbing to me.

It's often been said that sports are a microcosm of society. Or something like that.  Okay, maybe nobody ever said that, but whatever.  I was talking with a buddy this morning about this story and he said he wondered what would have happened if during two-a-days in August, in full pads in the sweltering heat, he told the coach he mentally wasn't feeling it. I know this is more a physical example, but does anybody recall Teddy Bridgewater being carried down the field by his linemen after each play on the winning drive while he was at Marshall? His leg was busted up and he could barely stand.  My "breaking point" was when I was taking that 3 day pop quiz called the Alabama State Bar.  I had poured my life into preparing for that thing because I was just about out on the street if I didn't pass it.  I broke down mentally after the first day.  Snagette can tell you I called her begging to come home.  Luckily, she doesn't like me that much and cussed me out.  One of my buddies got in my face and made me show up to finish the next two days.  I hate him for that.

The point being that it seems we're headed to a strange place in society.  We used to admire courage and fighting through adversity.  Now, we praise those who fold at the first hint of being uncomfortable.  Is it just me?  Am I being too harsh?
You're being too fucking wordy.  No wonder you are a lieyer.

Pusses.  The lot of them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

bgreene

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 01:20:49 PM »
I'm old, so get the hell off my lawn.  Growing up, the Olympics were must-see TV.  You knew the athletes and followed every event.  You had to keep up with the medal count and make sure those evil Russians and steroid pumping German women weren't getting ahead. Bruce Jenner was the greatest all-around athlete on earth.  Now he's a...well, I don't know what he is.  But I digress.

Now, the Olympics have fallen completely off my radar.  Maybe they just haven't promoted it well enough.  Maybe not allowing fans makes it look like training sessions.  Maybe I have no interest in watching athletes wear USA on their jersey while kneeling or turning their backs in ridiculous protest of the very country they chose to represent.  Whatever the reason(s), I've only watched about 15 minutes of coverage, and that was last night when I came across a USA men's volleyball match.  That's the sport I played at Auburn (Club) and when played at the level I saw last night, is F'ing awesome.

The story that's dominated the last 24 hours is gymnast, Simone Biles, withdrawing in the middle of competition so she can "take care of her mental health." This is apparently a thing nowadays because just a few months ago, the #1 women's tennis player did the same thing in the middle of a Majors tournament.  The interviews were too stressful for her.  The majority of the talking heads, with the exception of Clay Travis, are all saying the "right things", how brave and courageous Biles is.  But something seems off here. 

So, what if after the first quarter of the Super Bowl, Tom Brady said, "You know what? Not feeling it today.  My head's not in the right place.  I think I'm gonna' sit the rest of this one out."  It's the bottom of the 9th in game 7 of the World Series and the Braves are down 1, Freddie Freeman is coming up with runners in scoring position. (Yeah, I know....never happen) Freddie walks back to the dugout and says, "Yo Snit, I don't have it mentally today.  I need to go take care of me." Again, not to make light of mental issues, but that's what I'm seeing here.  And people are overwhelmingly praising her for it.  That's what's almost disturbing to me.

It's often been said that sports are a microcosm of society. Or something like that.  Okay, maybe nobody ever said that, but whatever.  I was talking with a buddy this morning about this story and he said he wondered what would have happened if during two-a-days in August, in full pads in the sweltering heat, he told the coach he mentally wasn't feeling it. I know this is more a physical example, but does anybody recall Teddy Bridgewater being carried down the field by his linemen after each play on the winning drive while he was at Marshall? His leg was busted up and he could barely stand.  My "breaking point" was when I was taking that 3 day pop quiz called the Alabama State Bar.  I had poured my life into preparing for that thing because I was just about out on the street if I didn't pass it.  I broke down mentally after the first day.  Snagette can tell you I called her begging to come home.  Luckily, she doesn't like me that much and cussed me out.  One of my buddies got in my face and made me show up to finish the next two days.  I hate him for that.

Snaggs, brother, go back and read what you wrote.  You are literally describing EVERYTHING that this country and world (outside of Florida) have been doing.  There is pressure about some thing that some group is offended by and the company gives in immediately.  Remember the picture of the kid in the grocery cart, pitching a temper tantrum and parent gives them what they want?  Yeah, that's what the world is now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 11:39:02 PM »
Fuck her.  Stupid bitch didn’t have a “mental health issue” until she fucked up and wasn’t going to win.

Fuck. Her.

She’s not courageous.  She’s not brave. She’s not a hero or an inspiration. 

She’s a cowardly quitter.  

Fuck. Her. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2021, 01:26:57 AM »
You can quit on yourself, but never on your team. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2021, 07:54:03 AM »
In some ways I don't blame her at all.

Imagine that everyone in your life and everyone peripheral to your life constantly reminded you of how awesome you are AND how hard you've had it. I mean, she's had to overcome slavery, being eye-raped by every DOM in the world for years, all the while flippity flopping all over the place for other folks' entertainment. That must really suck! And the seed of doubt is planted. It grows and grows until it's a the whole garden. She walks out and thinks "These racist rapers just want me to flippity floppy for their entertainment. Fuck that! Just like my Comrade Ivan Drago, I flippity floppy for me! For me!"

Factor in her brain being glued to social media for dopamine fulfillment at all times, and it's no wonder she cracked.

Or maybe she's just a quitter and nowadays we reward those.

Shallow thoughts from a shallow mind is brought to you by SmoothMyBalls.com
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2021, 09:38:02 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2021, 01:20:17 PM »
Athletes don't owe you shit.  If she couldn't perform for health reasons, that's her call.

She was a Nassar victim and you don't get to plan when the trauma from that shit pops its head up.

It's like all the heat that Ricky Williams took when he retired.  His response (paraphrased) was: When may I leave the game?  Do I have to wait for a catastrophic injury?  Why does anyone think  that they can dictate the terms upon which I compete or not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2021, 01:53:30 PM »
Snaggs, brother, go back and read what you wrote.  You are literally describing EVERYTHING that this country and world (outside of Florida) have been doing.  There is pressure about some thing that some group is offended by and the company gives in immediately.  Remember the picture of the kid in the grocery cart, pitching a temper tantrum and parent gives them what they want?  Yeah, that's what the world is now.
Why in the fuck would anyone read all of that horseshit?

Seriously, you read past the first paragraph of his posts?

And if so, why?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2021, 02:02:40 PM »
Athletes don't owe you shit.  If she couldn't perform for health reasons, that's her call.

She was a Nassar victim and you don't get to plan when the trauma from that shit pops its head up.

It's like all the heat that Ricky Williams took when he retired.  His response (paraphrased) was: When may I leave the game?  Do I have to wait for a catastrophic injury?  Why does anyone think  that they can dictate the terms upon which I compete or not.
I know that I do not know when my head pops up. And it’s a big ‘ol head, as you well know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2021, 03:09:59 PM »

Expected response.  

When Ken Bernich wipes enough 1970s blood out of his eyes to see this he will point and laugh.  

She’s a soft-ass quitter.  She’s not brave, or courageous. She’s not inspiring or worthy of adulation.   

Remember when Cam was branded a pussy quitter because he tried to figure out a way to pick up the ball instead of diving into a scrum of beefy humanity?  I do.  

This fragile butthutt snowflake twat is the real quitter.  So I reiterate.  

Fuck. Her.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2021, 04:51:44 PM »
I think Biles should have made this decision prior to departing.  I was listening to Dan Patrick today and he was saying there were signs before the Games, and she was quoted as saying she was ready for the Olympics to be over.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2021, 04:54:25 PM »
^
Expected response. 

When Ken Bernich wipes enough 1970s blood out of his eyes to see this he will point and laugh. 

She’s a soft-ass quitter.  She’s not brave, or courageous. She’s not inspiring or worthy of adulation. 

Remember when Cam was branded a pussy quitter because he tried to figure out a way to pick up the ball instead of diving into a scrum of beefy humanity?  I do. 

This fragile butthutt snowflake twat is the real quitter.  So I reiterate. 

Fuck. Her. 
So if your daughter were in Biles' position, you'd want her to just suck it up?  Not do what she thought was best for her health?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2021, 07:01:29 PM »
So if your daughter were in Biles' position, you'd want her to just suck it up?  Not do what she thought was best for her health? 
I’m torn the more I think about it. Yes, I hope she gets the help she thinks she needs. But, it’s also something that I don’t consider heroic, and shouldn’t be celebrated. (I also think she brought some of this on herself by openly proclaiming herself to be the greatest)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2021, 07:18:21 PM »
I’m torn the more I think about it. Yes, I hope she gets the help she thinks she needs. But, it’s also something that I don’t consider heroic, and shouldn’t be celebrated. (I also think she brought some of this on herself by openly proclaiming herself to be the greatest)
So, you think no matter what Kaos brings upon himself for claiming to be the best _______ that ever lived, that he deserves it?

Had kaos chosen to be a gymnast, I have no doubt he would have been the best.

Wes is built like a gymnast. He has a cute little ass.

And a queerish hat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2021, 08:51:14 PM »
Honestly?  
Damn straight. Rub some dirt on it and get back out there.  

Serious injury?  No. 

“got to focus on me” because she wasn’t going to win after fucking up? After she took a spot on the team from somebody else?  

Get your ass back out there. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2021, 11:08:58 PM »

I did not remember ole Ricky Williams quitting in the middle of a game. Thanks for reminding me by spouting your bullshit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2021, 07:51:16 AM »
I do not give a flying flip about gymnastics. But the little black girl quit, no matter what nobody say. If it makes it sound softer to say she did it for health reasons, suit yourself.

She was getting her ass beat and quit. It happens.

All of this queer shit about walking in her shoes before commenting and all of that is pure dog shit. Walking in her shoes, my big, long penis.

Have you seen how little her feet are?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2021, 04:47:44 PM »
I do not give a flying flip about gymnastics. But the little black girl quit, no matter what nobody say. If it makes it sound softer to say she did it for health reasons, suit yourself.

She was getting her ass beat and quit. It happens.

You wonder if she was leading if her health reasons would have not showed up till after? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2021, 05:43:59 PM »
You wonder if she was leading if her health reasons would have not showed up till after?
Not winning made her sad.  

Needed to take a "sad day."   It's nothing to idolize. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions