Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Olympic Observations

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Olympic Observations
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2021, 08:25:50 PM »
So if your daughter were in Biles' position, you'd want her to just suck it up?  Not do what she thought was best for her health? 
Yes.

my daughter was in biles position. Not at an Olympic level but state track and field level this past May.

She went to the state finals in both the mile and 800m races. She was the favorite to win the mile and went in overconfident. Got punched in the mouth early by the second ranked girl and never recovered after lap 1. She was mentally defeated. Crying. Wanted to leave and scratch from the 800. I talked her off the ledge and reminded her why we were here. Made her go back out there for the 800 90 mins later and to use the 1600 race as a wake up call. A race she was not the favorite in. She won it by 8-9 seconds pretty easily over the same girl that beat her earlier and ran with a ton of passion. 

Afterwards she was glad I made her overcome the emotion of that initial disappointment and now she’s stronger for it. She can work through those dark places much better going forward in what will be a long and successful T&F career.

Thats how it’s done man. If it’s a more serious underlying mental issue (which I highly doubt) ? She never should have been there to begin with. Those issues don’t bubble up in one day at an athletic event.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 08:27:51 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2021, 06:07:57 PM »
Yes.

my daughter was in biles position. Not at an Olympic level but state track and field level this past May.

She went to the state finals in both the mile and 800m races. She was the favorite to win the mile and went in overconfident. Got punched in the mouth early by the second ranked girl and never recovered after lap 1. She was mentally defeated. Crying. Wanted to leave and scratch from the 800. I talked her off the ledge and reminded her why we were here. Made her go back out there for the 800 90 mins later and to use the 1600 race as a wake up call. A race she was not the favorite in. She won it by 8-9 seconds pretty easily over the same girl that beat her earlier and ran with a ton of passion.

Afterwards she was glad I made her overcome the emotion of that initial disappointment and now she’s stronger for it. She can work through those dark places much better going forward in what will be a long and successful T&F career.

Thats how it’s done man. If it’s a more serious underlying mental issue (which I highly doubt) ? She never should have been there to begin with. Those issues don’t bubble up in one day at an athletic event.

You're EVIL.  

A Karen will be by later today to lecture you.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2021, 12:28:54 PM »
You're EVIL. 

A Karen will be by later today to lecture you. 
so it went from deep mental condition possibly depression, nervous breakdown to - the "twisties" and being dizzy to - well now I'm ok and want to win a medal since everyone else did.

can we just call this what it was?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2021, 01:15:25 PM »
so it went from deep mental condition possibly depression, nervous breakdown to - the "twisties" and being dizzy to - well now I'm ok and want to win a medal since everyone else did.

Looking out for 'ol #1, since the rest of you racists won't?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

chinook

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2021, 03:36:52 PM »
i'd imagine each one her teammates...whispered "you fucking, bitch".  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2021, 08:05:32 AM »
Apparently this Bronze medal means more to her because it came from "the struggle." :facepalm:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 08:22:37 AM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2021, 09:46:20 AM »
There is no "i" in team, but there are a couple in narcissist.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2021, 10:31:23 AM »
so it went from deep mental condition possibly depression, nervous breakdown to - the "twisties" and being dizzy to - well now I'm ok and want to win a medal since everyone else did.

Which was, "I'm having an off day, so rather than reading the headlines that I flopped as the overwhelming favorite, I'm going to change the narrative to let's talk about mental health issues."  

My fat, old ass is not a gymnast.  However, I did take Coach Bengston's gymnastics class at Auburn.  I was unbelievable on the floor exercise.  Did a cart-wheel and everything. But I can tell you there is no relation between "twisties" and mental health issues.  

Oh, now she's saying her aunt died two days ago.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2021, 12:18:57 PM »
Who cares anymore? Leave this  *drama* to her social media suck ups.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2021, 12:34:47 PM »
Who cares anymore? Leave this  *drama* to her social media suck ups.
My two favorites are, "All these fat guys who can't even get off the couch criticizing her." And, "Gymnastics are totally different.  She could have been killed with those twisties."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2021, 12:55:15 PM »
Maybe I am just an idiot, but I really didn't have an issue with her skipping out if she was having issues that would have affected her performance.  The problem I have is all the SJWs out there calling her a hero for skipping out.  I skipped a few days of school back in the day, so does that make me a hero too?  If so, where do I pick up my trophy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2021, 01:02:40 PM »
Which was, "I'm having an off day, so rather than reading the headlines that I flopped as the overwhelming favorite, I'm going to change the narrative to let's talk about mental health issues." 

My fat, old ass is not a gymnast.  However, I did take Coach Bengston's gymnastics class at Auburn.  I was unbelievable on the floor exercise.  Did a cart-wheel and everything. But I can tell you there is no relation between "twisties" and mental health issues. 

Oh, now she's saying her aunt died two days ago.   

it's pronounced ahnt not ant.  

unfortunately, she didn't pass soon enough to support the narrative.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2021, 09:04:00 PM »
it's pronounced ahnt not ant. 

unfortunately, she didn't pass soon enough to support the narrative. 

It appears they backdated it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE