Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

And a Harsin New Year

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: And a Harsin New Year
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2020, 11:53:25 PM »
Problem is, he has no quality linemen on either side of the ball.  He’s got to build that up first.  Get all up in that transfer portal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2020, 05:46:41 AM »
Problem is, he has no quality linemen on either side of the ball.  He’s got to build that up first.  Get all up in that transfer portal.
No more Braden Smith's in sight  on the offensive side.
And the defensive side minus Truesdale doesn't strike any fear in the opposition.

It doesn't look promising.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 06:04:07 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2020, 09:27:30 AM »
No more Braden Smith's in sight  on the offensive side.
And the defensive side minus Truesdale doesn't strike any fear in the opposition.

It doesn't look promising.
True and New were the best we had on the interior and I'm not sure either could have started for any other SEC team outside Vanderbilt.  Behind them was skrate up road kill.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2020, 11:19:33 AM »
Problem is, he has no quality linemen on either side of the ball.  He’s got to build that up first.  Get all up in that transfer portal.
Don't worry.  Coach Hindenburg got this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2020, 11:44:47 AM »
Don't worry.  Coach Hindenburg got this.
Coach Bryan Hfuhruhurr better have two brains.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2020, 03:15:04 PM »
Coach Bryan Hfuhruhurr better have two brains.
I read up a bit on his offensive line coach and defensive coordinator.
Hard to decipher much when all you read are plaudits. And I don't view enough late night football to have a feel for what all-conference even means west of the Mississippi.
I saw a Dakota and a Montana team play one another in a wild one.
Reminded me of smear the queer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2020, 03:19:19 PM »
We interrupt this Coach Harvard thread for a little classic Gary Larson.

We now return you to the Coach Herbert thread, already in progress..
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2020, 03:56:15 PM »
Generally a given that a new coach brings a couple of trusted and true guys with him and the likeliest candidate is offensive line coach Brad Bedell since they were together as far back as Arky State.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2020, 04:02:28 PM »
Generally a given that a new coach brings a couple of trusted and true guys with him and the likeliest candidate is offensive line coach Brad Bedell since they were together as far back as Arky State.
Well I'm certainly in favor of Hadley bringing Coach Bedrail with him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2020, 06:35:31 AM »
Generally a given that a new coach brings a couple of trusted and true guys with him and the likeliest candidate is offensive line coach Brad Bedell since they were together as far back as Arky State.
I had not even considered the My Pillow guy as a choice but you may be right. I know that you have been before.

It has just been a very long time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2020, 07:01:53 AM »
I’d sure like to get up in your transfer portal. Wait. I mean...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2020, 08:21:55 AM »
I read up a bit on his offensive line coach and defensive coordinator.
Hard to decipher much when all you read are plaudits. And I don't view enough late night football to have a feel for what all-conference even means west of the Mississippi.
I saw a Dakota and a Montana team play one another in a wild one.
Reminded me of smear the queer.
If we ever play smear the queer here,  it is going to look like a Chinese fire drill.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2021, 02:31:55 PM »
From 247

Auburn coach Bryan Harsin is welcoming Boise State co-defensive coordinator Spencer Danielson to his staff on the Plains, AL.com reports. Danielson will be the second carryover from the Broncos to join Harsin's staff in some capacity, joining strength coach Jeff Pitmanwho was announced as the first official hire on Tuesday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2021, 04:17:34 AM »
From 247

Auburn coach Bryan Harsin is welcoming Boise State co-defensive coordinator Spencer Danielson to his staff on the Plains, AL.com reports. Danielson will be the second carryover from the Broncos to join Harsin's staff in some capacity, joining strength coach Jeff Pitman, who was announced as the first official hire on Tuesday.
The late night wire has Coach Harrigan looking at Bobo and Mason as potential coordinators.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2021, 11:51:34 AM »
Derrick Mason is a tremendous hire at DC.

Mike Bobo is... uninspiring.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2021, 11:54:40 AM »

Boo on Bobo. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2021, 12:01:31 PM »

For recruiting purposes, they are probably both very solid.  Not sold on Bobo as an OC though...and lort knows he has had a big enough sample to study.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

bgreene

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2021, 12:13:21 PM »
Derek Mason hired by Auburn as defensive coordinator
ByRILEY GATES 2 hours ago 

Former Vanderbilt head coach Derek Mason has a new coaching job in college football, as he has been hired by the Auburn Tigers to be the new defensive coordinator under Bryan Harsinaccording to AL.com. The news comes shortly after 247Sports reporter Brandon Marcello reported the Tigers were targeting Mason. It becomes the third college coaching job that Mason has landed since returning to the college coaching ranks in 2010.
After leaving the Minnesota Vikings following the 2009 season, Mason was the defensive backs coach for then-Stanford head coach Jim Harbaugh. He was promoted to associate head coach and co-defensive coordinator under David Shaw after Harbaugh left for the San Francisco 49ers. Mason remained with Stanford until the end of the 2013 season until Vanderbilt hired him to act as its head coach, replacing James Franklin after his departure for Penn State.
While Mason looked like one of the hottest coaches on the market and a young defensive mind that could help sustain Franklin’s success at Vanderbilt, things did not go as planned with the hire. The Commodores went to three bowl games in three years under Franklin, including two seasons of nine wins. But when Mason got there, things turned south rather quickly.

Vanderbilt won just three games in Mason’s first season and the bowl streak was snapped. Mason never was able to post a winning record in a season and he only had a .500 record twice, both of which ended in losses in bowl games. He finished his time at Vanderbilt with a record of 27-56, which led to the school firing him on November 29.
After his firing, Mason released a statement about his time with the Commodores and what the school meant to him. Mason thanked Vanderbilt for the time he was allowed to lead the program.

“It is with gratitude that I have served as the head football coach at Vanderbilt University, a world-class institution, for the past seven years,” Mason said. “I am blessed to have worked alongside and built relationships with some of the finest and most dedicated coaches, staff and faculty in the nation. It has truly been my honor to have been given the opportunity to teach, mentor, champion and coach hundreds of Vanderbilt young men and one courageous female.
“I am confident that our current student-athletes and their families are in good hands with Chancellor (Daniel) Diermeier and Director of Athletics Candice Storey Lee and will continue to rise to today's challenges with integrity and character.

“Form the entire Mason family, including my beautiful wife LeighAnne and our incredible daughters Makenzie and Sydney, we thank the Nashville community and Commodore Nation for consistently embracing us with your kindness, friendship and warmth. God bless, stay safe. Anchor Down.”

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

jmar

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2021, 12:58:51 PM »
So it looks like we get Will Friend as OL coach with the Bobo hire, according to
Jay G. Tate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2021, 01:09:58 PM »
The Mason hire seems great.

I like the Bobo hire. QB's improved under his watch. 
What's not to like?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions