Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Two Gone So Far

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Two Gone So Far
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2021, 12:31:37 PM »
Some of us are pretty broke up about it. Never saw ol Cord take a snap, not even in a Spring game.
He might have been the answer.
Now we'll never know.
Look how our starting QB progressed over the last two years under Gus.  As back up he never had a chance. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2021, 03:00:04 PM »
Hopefully we can take advantage of this year's free agent bucket ourselves and get some missing pieces.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2021, 06:42:37 PM »
We can pull a 6-6 with decent talent lying around and some back to basics old fashioned brand of ball. Haven't paid much attention to the schedule but there almost certainly have to be three cupcakes among the lot.

It's not as if we were going to ambush Alabama, Georgia or at Penn State, at Texas A&M, at LSU or at Arkansas. 

We get to feast on the two Mississippi teams and we match up pretty well with USCe.

God we're in trouble.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2021, 07:39:06 PM »
One thing I’m interested in seeing is whether or not we truly see improvement in Bo Pix or if he’s just not that good.  I’m really pulling for him.  What worries me though, is he’s never been accurate and i dont know if you can coach that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2021, 11:39:25 PM »
One thing I’m interested in seeing is whether or not we truly see improvement in Bo Pix or if he’s just not that good.  I’m really pulling for him.  What worries me though, is he’s never been accurate and i dont know if you can coach that.
Truth. But we also can't lose sight of the fact that young Mr. Pix is only left with a few tight ends.
The wide receiver talent remaining on the roster couldn't start for any team in the top half of the league. Our run blocking seemed to be adequate enough for Bigsby so we might have to pretend to be a power run team for the duration.

Hell the outlook for our defense might actually be worse than the offense.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 11:43:02 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2021, 03:23:39 PM »
It seems as though we have a lot on defense that are entering the portal. Wonder if they all go to Tennessee with Steele
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2021, 03:48:16 PM »
It seems as though we have a lot on defense that are entering the portal. Wonder if they all go to Tennessee with Steele
A couple of them don't bother me at all.  Mud Kat Bryant is more than welcome to take his "talents" somewhere else.  I'm sorry, but that guy is the slowest DE I've ever seen.  And Tutt made every opposing receiver look like Devonta Smith.  But I honestly don't get why he would want to transfer.  He's a starting DB in the SEC West.  What more do you want.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2021, 04:01:57 PM »
Dequan Newkirk is the one that I hate to see leave the most.  Granted, he couldn't start for 75% or 251/325ths of the teams in the SEC, but he was a big, strong kid who could occasionally plug the middle and make a play.  If True decides not to take that 5th year, we've got exactly squat in the middle of our D-line.  If anybody could stomach the bowl game, you saw #76 getting most of the reps at nose guard.  Who is #76 in your program, #1 in your hearts you may ask?  True freshman, Jeremiah Wright.  Recruited as a 3* offensive lineman out of Selma.  That my friends, is about the best we've got on the roster right now for the interior D-line.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2021, 04:09:04 PM »
Yeah I thought Steele made us into a better tackling team overall in his time here. Also recruited as well as any before, particularly corners. It's just that the defense seemed incumbent on having an elite edge pass rusher which we started lacking.

Transfers could follow Steele.

Rocker, Brumbaugh and Garner just circulate around the league.
I think Tennessee has had them all.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 04:17:40 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2021, 04:15:36 PM »
Dequan Newkirk is the one that I hate to see leave the most.  Granted, he couldn't start for 75% or 251/325ths of the teams in the SEC, but he was a big, strong kid who could occasionally plug the middle and make a play.  If True decides not to take that 5th year, we've got exactly squat in the middle of our D-line.  If anybody could stomach the bowl game, you saw #76 getting most of the reps at nose guard.  Who is #76 in your program, #1 in your hearts you may ask?  True freshman, Jeremiah Wright.  Recruited as a 3* offensive lineman out of Selma.  That my friends, is about the best we've got on the roster right now for the interior D-line.
Now that's a pretty picture!

But we've been here before it's just much worse given the portal thingy and the timing for the Haliburton regime to seize power.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2021, 04:29:23 PM »
Unless there is more attrition, here's what we have coming back next year on the D-line.  These include defensive ends as well:

Zykevious Walker   6'4'  266

Jay Hardy  6'4"  300

Colby Wooden  6'4"  268

Derick Hall  6'3" 240

Caleb Johnson  6'2" 248

Dre Butler  6'5"  304

Jaren Handy  6'5 '  252

Marquis Burks  6'3"  312

Jeremiah Wright  6'5"  340

Does Tyrone Truesdale come back for the extra year?  If so:

True:  6'2"  326

Incoming Freshmen:

Lee Hunter  6'5"  292

Marquis Robinson  6'3"  300

Tobechi Okoli  6'5"  250

Ian Matthews  6'5"  290

If Lee Hunter is as advertised, we may get some immediate help on the interior.  Our linebackers are not huge so it's essential we get some peeps to plug the middle.  It sure helped having a big, physical LB like Britt, but those days are gone.  Hopefully, we get one or two big linemen from the Continuum Transfunctioner. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2021, 04:41:52 PM »
Just saw that Tobechi Okoli is not a freshman, but is coming from JUCO.  Check out some of his film.  He may help right away.  Strong as hell and gets off blocks more gooder.  He was playing both on the interior and DE in his highlights.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2021, 05:05:31 PM »
Just saw that Tobechi Okoli is not a freshman, but is coming from JUCO.  Check out some of his film.  He may help right away.  Strong as hell and gets off blocks more gooder.  He was playing both on the interior and DE in his highlights. 
Kid looks really good. Jay Hardy and Zekeviousness Walker came here with some noise like LeeHunter as well. Might not be as disastrous as it looks. :rolleyes:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2021, 05:31:03 PM »
Kid looks really good. Jay Hardy and Zekeviousness Walker came here with some noise like LeeHunter as well. Might not be as disastrous as it looks. :rolleyes:
I would love to see Colby Wooden put on 10-12 pounds and get to around 280.  He was a starter from day 1 and played mostly inside.  He was pretty solid from what I could tell.  I'm still waiting on Derick Hall to be that alpha dog on the outside. This is just me spit balling here, but if he just doesn't have that burst to consistently get around the corner, would he be better served at 240 to take on KJ Britt's role at LB?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2021, 06:15:42 PM »
I would love to see Colby Wooden put on 10-12 pounds and get to around 280.  He was a starter from day 1 and played mostly inside.  He was pretty solid from what I could tell.  I'm still waiting on Derick Hall to be that alpha dog on the outside. This is just me spit balling here, but if he just doesn't have that burst to consistently get around the corner, would he be better served at 240 to take on KJ Britt's role at LB?
Could be.
I'm pretty sure Steele had 6-2 235 Trenton Simpson slated behind Britt but he bolted for Clemson on Dec.14th 2019 after being committed to us.
He is 2nd team and had 5 tackles in the ACC CG v. Notre Dame.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 07:04:30 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2021, 10:14:56 PM »
We will be in the playoffs in 36 months or less

:bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

jmar

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2021, 10:21:40 PM »
We will be in the playoffs in 36 months or less

:bar:
Cool. I heard predictions for alien disclosure that coincide with this.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions