Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Two Gone So Far

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Two Gone So Far
« on: January 04, 2021, 10:51:53 AM »
That I know of.  Anthony Schwartz announced a couple of days ago that he's entering the draft  I imagine only about half his potential was tapped in Gus' passing schemes.  However, I would think the NFL scouts know enough about his speed for him to get a legit shot in the show.

Also, our 41 year old back up QB, Cord Sandenburger, is jumping in that Continuum Transfunctioner thingy.  He must have seen that incoming freshman QB, Dematrius Davis, accounted for 7 TD's in their 6A playoff win last week.  No PT for you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Two Gone So Far
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 10:56:40 AM »
That I know of.  Anthony Schwartz announced a couple of days ago that he's entering the draft  I imagine only about half his potential was tapped in Gus' passing schemes.  However, I would think the NFL scouts know enough about his speed for him to get a legit shot in the show.

Also, our 41 year old back up QB, Cord Sandenburger, is jumping in that Continuum Transfunctioner thingy.  He must have seen that incoming freshman QB, Dematrius Davis, accounted for 7 TD's in their 6A playoff win last week.  No PT for you.
That's a shame about baby Ryno.  Every team should have a 5'10" 165lb backup QB at the ready.  Gus was a mastermind at roster management.  I just hope coarch Harbinger takes a page from his playbook or we could be furked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 11:20:28 AM »
That's a shame about baby Ryno.  Every team should have a 5'10" 165lb backup QB at the ready.  Gus was a mastermind at roster management.  I just hope coarch Harbinger takes a page from his playbook or we could be furked.
I hear Coach Harvey is keeping Gus on as a consultant.  We can only hope.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 12:13:22 PM »
Did anyone here ever think that Coach Hasselhoff might just be bringing his very own preferred old baseball player with him from Idaho? 
They don't grow on trees people. 

And our decoy the Schwartz should have been Waddling or Devontaeing during his time on des Plaines.
What a waste of talent.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 12:41:01 PM »
A fifth round WR and a future high school coach. Somehow I think Auburn survives this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 01:05:15 PM »
A fifth round WR and a future high school coach. Somehow I think Auburn survives this.
Some of us are pretty broke up about it. Never saw ol Cord take a snap, not even in a Spring game.
He might have been the answer.
Now we'll never know.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2021, 01:44:20 PM »
Some of us are pretty broke up about it. Never saw ol Cord take a snap, not even in a Spring game.
He might have been the answer.
Now we'll never know.
He took a snap in the bowl game and fumbled the hand off
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2021, 02:23:44 PM »
I don't know...this could be the death knell for 'ol Coach Hedberg.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2021, 03:21:41 PM »
I think Schwartz goes higher than 5th.  I think some NFL teams see the possibilities of the next Tyreek Hill with that speed.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2021, 03:46:20 PM »
I hate that Sandbuger is leaving, he was such a professional at holding that clipboard.  I mean do we even have time to train someone else to handle that responsibility?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2021, 03:53:10 PM »
I hate that Sandbuger is leaving, he was such a professional at holding that clipboard.  I mean do we even have time to train someone else to handle that responsibility?
Bo Nix?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2021, 04:53:40 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2021, 05:06:54 PM »
Looks like Seth is gone as well.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2021, 05:11:41 PM »
Looks like Seth is gone as well. 
Wish him the best but, not entirely going to miss him.  Dude became one of the laziest during the game.  Had some good catches, could have been a dynamic receiver but I think he just got fed up with the Gus system and Nix.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

bgreene

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2021, 05:16:34 PM »
Auburn football staff news: Russell out as S&C coach
ByPhillip Marshall 13 minutes ago

AUBURN, Alabama - Ryan Russell, Auburn’s director of strength and conditioning, has been told there will not be a place for him on Harsin’s staff, Auburn Undercover has learned. The news was not delivered by first-year coach Bryan Harsin, but by Marci Girton, the athletic department’s chief operating officer.

Russell, highly respected among strength and conditioning coaches nationally, took over as the leader of Auburn's strength and conditioning program in 2013. He replaced Kevin Yoxall.

From 2010-11, Russell served as an assistant strength and conditioning coach at Auburn, working with the football program. He was also football's director of sports nutrition. He was the head strength and conditioning coach at Arkansas State in 2012. He was an associate strength and conditioning coach for the Boise State football team from 2007-09. He served professional internships as a strength and conditioning coach at Pitt (2005) and Louisville (2004-05) before moving to Auburn as a graduate assistant coach in 2005-06.

Russell played professional football in the Arena Football League for the Las Vegas Gladiators and the Louisville Fire in 2003.

Russell received his bachelor's degree in exercise science from West Liberty State in 2003. He played wide receiver for West Liberty State from 2000-02, receiving all-conference honors all three years. He earned his master's degree in adult education from Auburn in December 2006. He holds a number of professional certifications and awards.

BRETT WHITESIDE FIRED

Brett Whiteside, Auburn’s director of football operations and administration, has been fired. A Southside, Ala., native, Whiteside followed Malzahn from Arkansas State to Auburn in 2013.

Whiteside served as a student recruiting operations assistant at Auburn from 2007-2011. When Gus Malzahn, the offensive coordinator from 2009-2011, left to be the head coach at Arkansas State, Whiteside went with him as director of player personnel. He earned his degree from Arkansas State in 2012.

LATEST ON DELL MCGEE

Rumors continue to swirl about Auburn and Georgia running backs coach Dell McGee. A former Auburn defensive back, McGee is widely viewed as one of Georgia’s top recruiters. Is he on his way to Auburn? If he is, we have no confirmation.

After a highly successful career as a high school coach in Columbus, Ga., McGee became an Auburn analyst in 2013. He coached running backs at Georgia Southern in 2014-2015 before moving to Georgia to join Kirby Smart’s first staff in 2016.

OFFICES CLEANED OUT

Most of Auburn’s assistant coaches have cleaned out their offices, but as of Monday afternoon, none had met with Harsin to discuss their futures. They were not told to clean out their offices, but most did before leaving for last Friday’s Citrus Bowl.

Sources tell Auburn Undercover that the staff members most likely to be retained are linebackers coach Travis Williams and running backs coach Carnell Williams, though there is no indication either of them has received any word from Harsin.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburn-football-staff-news-Russell-out-as-SC-coach-158533750/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Sidney Phillips

jmar

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2021, 06:40:09 PM »
Coach Holsomback is fumigating the facilities. Leave while you still can. Losing will not be tolerated and losers will be dealt with accordingly. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2021, 07:29:13 AM »
Phillip Marshall there with the big news on mcgee. Insert eye roll. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2021, 09:08:20 AM »
I thought this was about snag’s testes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2021, 12:11:56 PM »
I saw a good analogy with Seth Williams today.  Someone said he's the perfect representation of Gus' tenure at Auburn.  One minute he's wowing you with something spectacular, and the next you're wondering WTF just happened? 

As I think bgreene said above, the guy would just get lazy. It appeared to me that if he was involved and getting targets, he was as good as anybody.  If not, he pretty much checked out.  I was watching him on a crucial 3rd down against NW. (There actually were a couple of crucial plays for the short time we made a game of it.)  I was focusing on Seth, thinking this was a perfect time for a slant to pick up the first.  The guy literally jogged about 4 steps across the line and just stopped. 

I'll be interested on draft day to see what the "experts" say about him, because they watch all the film and will usually call somebody out for taking plays off. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2021, 12:26:14 PM »
I saw a good analogy with Seth Williams today.  Someone said he's the perfect representation of Gus' tenure at Auburn.  One minute he's wowing you with something spectacular, and the next you're wondering WTF just happened? 

As I think bgreene said above, the guy would just get lazy. It appeared to me that if he was involved and getting targets, he was as good as anybody.  If not, he pretty much checked out.  I was watching him on a crucial 3rd down against NW. (There actually were a couple of crucial plays for the short time we made a game of it.)  I was focusing on Seth, thinking this was a perfect time for a slant to pick up the first.  The guy literally jogged about 4 steps across the line and just stopped. 

I'll be interested on draft day to see what the "experts" say about him, because they watch all the film and will usually call somebody out for taking plays off.
No doubt the guy has talent but
he would openly show his ass when Nix missed him then drop a perfect throw in stride. And sadly that's how I will remember him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions