Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Two Gone So Far

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Two Gone So Far
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2021, 02:18:54 PM »
Kevin Steele officially has been told to go bye bye....Harsin doing an enema on this shit.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 02:22:35 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2021, 02:38:20 PM »
Steele was the problem all along.

Now that he’s gone, they may be able to get Gus back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2021, 02:58:14 PM »
I lol'd your giffy.  Glad to see Steele go and start fresh.  Admittedly, he really turned our D around since his arrival and until this year, his unit either won or kept us in just about every game.  But this year was not good at all.  It's like we lost two dominant players and the rest went to shit.  Nothing behind those two.  The D-line recruiting, especially on the interior line, has been right on par with our O-line recruiting.  It's Steele's defense and should have been made a priority.  Next year could be equally tough, regardless of who takes over.  Plus, when Snags can sit in his easy chair with a frosty cold one in hand and be right 9 times out of 10 when I say, "Oh look, here comes the blitz", I kind of think college coaches getting paid to figure that stuff out just might have caught on too.   

Now, I'll be the first to say, and have said all along, that I believe about 3% of the garbage all these "insiders" report from their "sources familiar with those close to the situation who have knowledge of people who claim to be knowledgeable of the situation."  So, I have no idea if this is true.  But if Steele was trying to undermine Malzahn in any way, as many have said, then fuck him.  Fuck him like a gay bitch.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2021, 02:59:02 PM »
Steele was the problem all along.

Now that he’s gone, they may be able to get Gus back.
We can only hope.  And send that Coach Hufarrurrar packing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2021, 03:16:34 PM »
We can only hope.  And send that Coach Hufarrurrar packing.
Coach Harbinger will put down any insurrection and purge the losing from those that remain. 

It's written in the stars.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2021, 03:29:19 PM »
fudge him like a gay bitch. 
Could have just said "wiregrass."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2021, 05:29:29 PM »
Could have just said "wiregrass."
Oh you just shut up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2021, 05:37:27 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2021, 08:45:05 PM »
I lol'd your giffy.  Glad to see Steele go and start fresh.  Admittedly, he really turned our D around since his arrival and until this year, his unit either won or kept us in just about every game.  But this year was not good at all.  It's like we lost two dominant players and the rest went to shit.  Nothing behind those two.  The D-line recruiting, especially on the interior line, has been right on par with our O-line recruiting.  It's Steele's defense and should have been made a priority.  Next year could be equally tough, regardless of who takes over.  Plus, when Snags can sit in his easy chair with a frosty cold one in hand and be right 9 times out of 10 when I say, "Oh look, here comes the blitz", I kind of think college coaches getting paid to figure that stuff out just might have caught on too. 

Now, I'll be the first to say, and have said all along, that I believe about 3% of the garbage all these "insiders" report from their "sources familiar with those close to the situation who have knowledge of people who claim to be knowledgeable of the situation."  So, I have no idea if this is true.  But if Steele was trying to undermine Malzahn in any way, as many have said, then fuck him.  Fuck him like a gay bitch. 

hate to say it but a lot of his best guys and stats at auburn were off Muschamp recruits. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2021, 11:34:45 PM »
In 2008 Dabo took over mid season from Tommy Bowden who regularly lost 4 or 5 games. 

Swinney had Napier and Steele as coordinators for two seasons until they were ass raped by some Mountaineers which had him doubting he could do the job.
But with the help of a new AD, Dabo brought in his very own Spread guru Chad Morris along with Brett Venables. The rest is history. 

Dabo was actively mirroring Auburn around 2009-'10 or at least up until Chizik was fired.

Most of these coordinators are good for a time but things just stale-out, they wear out their welcome or they just get out recruited by rivals.

That said.
Steele would have been a shitty head coach just like Dabo would be a shitty coordinator. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2021, 11:28:05 AM »
Speaking of coordinators, how do you evaluate the job Morris did this year.  I'm fully assuming he's gone, although I haven't seen an announcement.  The offense was definitely not dynamic in any way, shape or form.  But I did see some things I liked.  I think he spread the ball around fairly well and also brought back a couple of things in the offense we haven't seen in a while.

Our top 3 receivers, Seth, Flash and Stove, had 54, 47 and 44 catches respectively. (I may have a couple of those backwards.)  They had 28 completions to the backs and believe it or not, the tight ends had 20 catches.  Not great, definitely underutilized, but nice to even see us have a TE in the offense as opposed to the dreaded H-Back. In addition, they actually used the slant patterns we had been calling for for years.  

Tank had 834 yards in what was really limited playing time.  Bo was second in rushing with 388.

The thing I didn't like the most was this fixation on throwing so many sideways passes.  I can think of three games in particular where the first series of the game started with swing passes and bubble screens, all unsuccessful.  And I really wanted to see more from the tight ends, but at least they put it back in the O.

I don't think you can fairly evaluate a lot of what they did because I'm sorry, this O-line was just awful.  They were big enough to run block somewhat effectively, but the pass blocking was for shit.  And Bo, God bless him, he's just not very accurate.  Plus, any attempt at getting him to stop bailing went out the window when it became clear our tackles, starters or back ups, couldn't pass block my grandmother.  And she's been dead for about 20 years.

Of course, you can say this with any team, but without an offensive line, it's impossible to tell how effective a job Morris did.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2021, 12:22:08 PM »
If we were playing without an offensive line, Gus is dumber than I thought.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2021, 12:44:41 PM »
If we were playing without an offensive line, Gus is dumber than I thought.
He never figured that into his offense.  You can't go fast, fast, fast with all those big, fat slow linemen. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2021, 01:02:55 PM »
Speaking of coordinators, how do you evaluate the job Morris did this year.  I'm fully assuming he's gone, although I haven't seen an announcement.  The offense was definitely not dynamic in any way, shape or form.  But I did see some things I liked.  I think he spread the ball around fairly well and also brought back a couple of things in the offense we haven't seen in a while.

Our top 3 receivers, Seth, Flash and Stove, had 54, 47 and 44 catches respectively. (I may have a couple of those backwards.)  They had 28 completions to the backs and believe it or not, the tight ends had 20 catches.  Not great, definitely underutilized, but nice to even see us have a TE in the offense as opposed to the dreaded H-Back. In addition, they actually used the slant patterns we had been calling for for years. 

Tank had 834 yards in what was really limited playing time.  Bo was second in rushing with 388.

The thing I didn't like the most was this fixation on throwing so many sideways passes.  I can think of three games in particular where the first series of the game started with swing passes and bubble screens, all unsuccessful.  And I really wanted to see more from the tight ends, but at least they put it back in the O.

I don't think you can fairly evaluate a lot of what they did because I'm sorry, this O-line was just awful.  They were big enough to run block somewhat effectively, but the pass blocking was for shit.  And Bo, God bless him, he's just not very accurate.  Plus, any attempt at getting him to stop bailing went out the window when it became clear our tackles, starters or back ups, couldn't pass block my grandmother.  And she's been dead for about 20 years.

Of course, you can say this with any team, but without an offensive line, it's impossible to tell how effective a job Morris did. 
Yeah Morris is likely gone. Can't really be too critical of the guy.
Nix has his limitations and we knew the offensive line couldn't pass block for shit. Could muster a pretty fair run game against lesser fronts, just overmatched by our rivals.
Saban will probably hire him. :poke:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2021, 05:26:41 PM »

Smoke Monday returning to Auburn for senior season

A fixture of Auburn’s secondary has decided to return for his senior season.
Tigers starting safety Smoke Monday announced on Wednesday that he will not declare early for the NFL Draft and instead return to the Plains for one more season under new head coach Bryan Harsin.
Monday was Auburn’s fourth-leading tackler this season, finishing the year with 73 total stops, including four for a loss and one sack. He also had two interceptions, including a pick-six during Auburn’s win against Tennessee in November, as well as three pass breakups.

“First off, I would like to say I’m very grateful to be an Auburn Tiger,” Monday said in a statement he posted to Instagram. “The atmosphere is so electric and fun to experience. I would like to thank Coach Malzahn for everything he’s done for me, along with all of the other coaches that have had a hand in my development as a student, an athlete and the man that I am today. This place is very special to me. The Auburn family, like many others, have faced much adversity this year. The worldwide pandemic, racial and social injustice and the loss of our coach. All of these factors can contribute to making an emotional decision.... My family and I have thought about this for a long time, so with that being said I will be returning to Auburn University to play my senior season and will not be entering the 2021 NFL Draft.”

In three seasons, Monday has appeared in 31 games, totaling 108 tackles and four interceptions, two of which he returned for touchdowns. He has been a starter at safety each of the last two years.

Monday thanked his family members and teammates in his post, and he also extended thanks to Harsin, who recently took over as the Tiger’ head coach, for “being real with me and understanding the hardship that this team has went through and providing us the space to finish out the season. I believe he will do great things at Auburn.”

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/01/smoke-monday-returning-to-auburn-for-senior-season.html?fbclid=IwAR1OoU02NCnvSYITMUCLQs9U5PlvsE2hmY5ud5p26i7TLMX4wwQVYMWxGx0
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2021, 11:08:27 PM »
With all of the racial and social injustice, he should move on to the nfl where none of that exists. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2021, 07:03:29 PM »
DJ Williams to FSU.

Big Kat and Newkirk portalizing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2021, 08:48:40 PM »
DJ Williams to FSU.

Big Kat and Newkirk portalizing.
Bryant the last I would have thought.  

I think you can lay this on Garner though. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2021, 10:32:05 PM »
Bryant the last I would have thought. 

I think you can lay this on Garner though.
It’s his MO. Did it first time here when Tot fired him. Tried to take takeo with him to tenn. did the same at ga when he left. He burns bridges like no one else in the conference. And keeps getting them rebuilt by someone. It’s amazing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2021, 11:39:23 AM »
Need to prepare yourselves for a 4-8 year next year while the Boise Boys tear down the past and march towards the future. You should all root for Bo Nix to decide he's even more awesome after next year and declare for the draft where he will sit for 6 rounds before someone blows an extra draft pick so he can hold a clipboard, run some drills, and get some free gear from the team before beginning his career in high school footballery.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg