Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

So What If.....

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: So What If.....
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2020, 03:09:07 PM »
Why is it always about race with you?

One really good thing about Crystalball is he'd definitely check the box on recruiting the south. 
Probably the #1 attainable option. Recruits like a MFer....not that it matters, but he's a Saban type old school discplinarian. Fundamentals...all that shit. Has a great pedigree - played at the U in the late 80's, has coached under good ones including Saban, he's an OL and OL Coach by trade so there is a big need addressed and his OL's at Oregon have been great - one of them will go top 5 overall in April. 

I worry a little about his in game on the fly coaching after watching what he did in the opener last year. That team - for all practical purposes - beat Auburn. But somehow lost the game. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2020, 12:22:32 AM »
If no Stoops then give me Sarkisian and hope to retain Steele.

Like that Freeze connects with the entire team over Kiffen's one track mind. Both can put up points and should have a good handle on cheating by now.

Needs to be a regional guy familiar with the culture and a relentless recruiter.

Don't know about a Cristobal but I can get excited about a Cuban sandwich over Bill Clark. But maybe Clark is the best choice.
He's of high character and a winner.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 02:50:26 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2020, 10:01:38 AM »

Like that Freeze connects with the entire team over Kiffen's one track mind. Both can put up points and should have a good handle on cheating by now.

Needs to be a regional guy familiar with the culture and a relentless recruiter.

Don't know about a Cristobal but I can get excited about a Cuban sandwich over Bill Clark. But maybe Clark is the best choice.

Sarkisian, Freeze, Kiffin.... fuck me running. 

Why scrape the bottom of the barrel when you can lift the barrel up and paw at the ground underneath it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2020, 11:48:15 AM »
Sarkisian, Freeze, Kiffin.... fudge me running. 

Why scrape the bottom of the barrel when you can lift the barrel up and paw at the ground underneath it?
JABA?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2020, 01:40:48 PM »
So. I keep hearing Bill Clark's name come up.
Is UAB considered on par with NApier's LA school? If so, shouldn't Clark be way ahead of Napier on everyone's radar?
What keeps Clark from being the top candidate? He is an in state guy. Recruits well. What he has done with UAB is unbelievable.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2020, 02:03:33 PM »
JABA?
Just Auburn Being Auburn

not sure who coined it but basically meaning we gonna fuck it up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2020, 02:47:00 PM »

Don't know about a Cristobal but I can get excited about a Cuban sandwich over Bill Clark. But maybe Clark is the best choice.
First of all, I thought you was dead. I’m happy to see that you are not.

Secondly, if I ever see or hear of you disparaging Bill Clark again, you and I  are going to have to take this outside. Or, we can rearrange the furniture in here. It don’t make a shit to me.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2020, 02:50:58 PM »
To Bill Clark  :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2020, 04:05:31 PM »
So I see Bo is on the selection committee.  That means it's going to be unpopular and Bo helps sugar coat it as we are forced to eat. JABA for sure.   Paying $21 million to hire/promote a 62 year DC who failed miserably at his only stint as HC is the most Auburn thing to ever Auburn.

I won't even hold his HC record against him since Baylor was basically a dumpster fire back then.  The fact that he hasn't been called or found a HC job since then tells me a lot. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2020, 04:11:52 PM »
So I see Bo is on the selection committee.  That means it's going to be unpopular and Bo helps sugar coat it as we are forced to eat. JABA for sure.  Paying $21 million to hire/promote a 62 year DC who failed miserably at his only stint as HC is the most Auburn thing to ever Auburn.

I won't even hold his HC record against him since Baylor was basically a dumpster fire back then.  The fact that he hasn't been called or found a HC job since then tells me a lot.
You are correct, sir.  Do...not....want....Steele.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2020, 04:45:46 PM »
So I see Bo is on the selection committee.  That means it's going to be unpopular and Bo helps sugar coat it as we are forced to eat. JABA for sure.  Paying $21 million to hire/promote a 62 year DC who failed miserably at his only stint as HC is the most Auburn thing to ever Auburn.

I like him but the motherfucker is old as the hills.

You are right about that part. Fuck!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2020, 08:46:21 PM »
Sarkisian, Freeze, Kiffin.... fuck me running. 

All are flawed. Don't know anything about Napier or some of the outliers but Bill Clark has no baggage of which I am aware.
Probably a serial killer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2020, 08:58:21 PM »
First of all, I thought you was dead. I’m happy to see that you are not.

Secondly, if I ever see or hear of you disparaging Bill Clark again, you and I  are going to have to take this outside. Or, we can rearrange the furniture in here. It don’t make a shit to me.
On the contrary I have high regard for Bill Clark sir. He just doesn't bounce the needle. Maybe it's because he isn't bustin' moves with the team or writing books about offensive football.
He could be the answer.
And no, I'm not dead yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2020, 11:46:40 PM »
So. I keep hearing Bill Clark's name come up.
Is UAB considered on par with NApier's LA school? If so, shouldn't Clark be way ahead of Napier on everyone's radar?
What keeps Clark from being the top candidate? He is an in state guy. Recruits well. What he has done with UAB is unbelievable.
FWIW, I think Rodney Garner makes more than Bill Clark. That said, it would be quite a leap to get Clark to Steele's salary. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2020, 12:11:17 AM »

He ain't no Brent Venables.
But then who is?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2020, 09:06:31 AM »
On the contrary I have high regard for Bill Clark sir. He just doesn't bounce the needle. Maybe it's because he isn't bustin' moves with the team or writing books about offensive football.
He could be the answer.
And no, I'm not dead yet.
As I think u know, I’m half bullshitting about Clark but I, too, have high regard for him. I don’t think they will go after him but I’d be fine with giving him a shot.

All these coaching search experts will poo poo on any name but the hottest.  Pat Dye would never have a chance with them. Of course, I think he died. But you know where I’m going.

I hope they offer Kevin because that’s the last name Snags wants, which means it’s probably the best choice that we could make.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2020, 10:41:46 AM »
Any of the names listed are better options than Steele. ANY of them. But if it comes to Steele as HC being the go-to guy? You'll know the search went Knoxville style south quickly. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2020, 12:18:48 PM »
Now, I’m sure. Steele should 100% be the man. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2020, 02:14:27 PM »
Just gonna leave this here for your consideration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Elliott_(American_football_coach)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2020, 02:49:15 PM »
Just gonna leave this here for your consideration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Elliott_(American_football_coach)
This would be the first time we’d ever hired a former NASCAR driver, to my knowledge.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions