Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

So What If.....

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: So What If.....
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2020, 03:11:11 PM »
We are sooo and going to fuck this up royally. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2020, 03:21:44 PM »
We are sooo and going to fudge this up royally.
Yep.

Pay 21M to get rid of an average coach to go and hire a guy hasn't been a head coach in 20 years, and who 2-31 in conference.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2020, 05:59:41 PM »
We are sooo and going to fuck this up royally.
He speaks for 98% or 357/385ths of us.

I've said it time and time again.  I want Gus gone, but I don't trust anyone associated with Auburn to handle a new hire correctly.  When they made the decision to let him go, that Air Petrino 737 should have already made the round trip flight to Oregon or Urbanville or Stoopstown or somewhere that a good coach resides.  Now, here we are as a laughing stock for paying $21 mil and having 50 fucking names flying around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2020, 06:07:02 PM »
He speaks for 98% or 357/385ths of us.

I've said it time and time again.  I want Gus gone, but I don't trust anyone associated with Auburn to handle a new hire correctly.  When they made the decision to let him go, that Air Petrino 737 should have already made the round trip flight to Oregon or Urbanville or Stoopstown or somewhere that a good coach resides.  Now, here we are as a laughing stock for paying $21 mil and having 50 fucking names flying around.
I don’t get getting into a bidding war with anyone over an 8-4 Coach. No matter who it is. 

Steele won’t cost 8 million to try. If he doesn’t work, it’ll cost one year. Big deal.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2020, 06:28:14 PM »
What's with all the pomp and circumstance when all you need to do is call Jimmy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2020, 09:37:14 AM »
I don’t get getting into a bidding war with anyone over an 8-4 Coach. No matter who it is.

Steele won’t cost 8 million to try. If he doesn’t work, it’ll cost one year. Big deal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2020, 09:59:00 AM »
Don't y'all see that Steele is just a smokescreen?  While we are all wailing and gnashing our teeth over this possibility, AG has been camped in tuscalooser until Saban accepts his rose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2020, 11:40:30 AM »
Don't y'all see that Steele is just a smokescreen?  While we are all wailing and gnashing our teeth over this possibility, AG has been camped in tuscalooser until Saban accepts his rose.
If we do get Saban as reported, I sure hope he brings the bag man with him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2020, 11:45:21 AM »
If we do get Saban as reported, I sure hope he brings the bag man with him.
I thought WE!!! was already an Auburn fan?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2020, 11:48:00 AM »
I thought WE!!! was already an Auburn fan?
He bringing Cadillacs instead of Chargers
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2020, 12:23:02 PM »

Not comparing MC to NS by any means but the record isn't always an indicator.....recruiting, the trenches, what they inherit vs what they turn it into - the context means a lot.

NS had two 8-5 and one 9-3 season in 5 total at LSU. Several 6 and 7 win seasons at MSU. And this was all known when Mal ponied up the second go round after the Gumps made fun of RichRod's old lady......NS recruited like a mad man at both places and it was obvious he changed both cultures while there....which is exactly the thing Bama needed at the time. 

Mal largely ignored some of their biggest doofus meddling Boosters, aligned himself with Bryant Jr, and did what he had to do. Handed the keys to the Kingdom to a culture changing coach. Im not one to try and be little brother following big brother but this is exactly the kind of thing that needs to occur right now with Allen Greene and Gogue (and possibly a reappearing of Lowder). It is beyond time to tell YellaFella and Hedge Fund Harbert to F off.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 12:26:37 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2020, 12:27:05 PM »
Not comparing MC to NS by any means but the record isn't always an indicator.....recruiting, the trenches, what they inherit vs what they turn it into - the context means a lot.

NS had two 8-5 and one 9-3 season in 5 total at LSU. Several 6 and 7 win seasons at MSU. And this was all known when Mal ponied up the second go round after the Gumps made fun of RichRod's old lady......NS recruited like a mad man at both places and it was obvious he changed both cultures while there....which is exactly the thing Bama needed at the time. Mal largely ignored some of their biggest doofus meddling Boosters, aligned himself with Bryant Jr, and did what he had to do. Handed the keys to the Kingdom to a culture changing coach. Im not one to try and be little brother following big brother but this is exactly the kind of thing that needs to occur right now with Allen Greene.
All good points but I don’t see what this has to do with us getting Rhett Lashley.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2020, 12:28:58 PM »
All good points but I don’t see what this has to do with us getting Rhett Lashley.
some are saying the same with MC. Believe it or not....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2020, 12:31:27 PM »
some are saying the same with MC. Believe it or not....
All kidding aside, I’m fine with super Mario or Steele, myself. But I hate to pay 8 mil to Oregon and then him go 7 wins for 3 years. Chances you take buying used.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2020, 01:30:08 PM »
So Super Mario Crystal Ball signs an extension with the Ducks and is off the table.  Let me preface this by saying I am in no way trying to pull a "We didn't want him anyway" or "He wasn't on the Sugar Bowl roster" dealio.  That's not where this is going.

But did Auburn even try and sign him?  Ultimately, it doesn't matter because it looks like we did.  Somehow, some way, even before Gus was canned, Cristobal was tabbed as one of the top candidates for the job.  The media declared we were going after him.  Talk shows said it.  Message boards were all over it.  My question though, is did anyone in power at Auburn actually ever say he was even a possibility?  If they did, I haven't seen it anywhere.  

Regardless, whether we went after him or not, we have egg on our face.  Go back to the process of hiring Malzahn.  There was a search committee.  Wait, no, that was a smoke screen.  Jacobs was really behind it all, right?  He wants a "puppet he can be in control of"  A yes man.  Wait, I heard Petrino was on campus.  He would be announced tomorrow.  Hold on, I'm hearing it's not CBP....  It went on and on and on.  Turns out nobody had a clue what really happened.  It was none of the above.  Until Kirby Smart came out much later and admitted the job was his, was anybody on top of that?  Nope!

Bottom line for me, until they announce the next coach, it's all just speculation by everybody that claims to know something.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2020, 01:39:53 PM »
So Super Mario Crystal Ball signs an extension with the Ducks and is off the table.  Let me preface this by saying I am in no way trying to pull a "We didn't want him anyway" or "He wasn't on the Sugar Bowl roster" dealio.  That's not where this is going.

But did Auburn even try and sign him?  Ultimately, it doesn't matter because it looks like we did.  Somehow, some way, even before Gus was canned, Cristobal was tabbed as one of the top candidates for the job.  The media declared we were going after him.  Talk shows said it.  Message boards were all over it.  My question though, is did anyone in power at Auburn actually ever say he was even a possibility?  If they did, I haven't seen it anywhere. 

Regardless, whether we went after him or not, we have egg on our face.  Go back to the process of hiring Malzahn.  There was a search committee.  Wait, no, that was a smoke screen.  Jacobs was really behind it all, right?  He wants a "puppet he can be in control of"  A yes man.  Wait, I heard Petrino was on campus.  He would be announced tomorrow.  Hold on, I'm hearing it's not CBP....  It went on and on and on.  Turns out nobody had a clue what really happened.  It was none of the above.  Until Kirby Smart came out much later and admitted the job was his, was anybody on top of that?  Nope!

Bottom line for me, until they announce the next coach, it's all just speculation by everybody that claims to know something.   
Not that it really matters, given that we currently look like a pack of drunken monkeys fucking a deflated football (according to the media) but "board approves" and "coach signs" are two vastly different things. 

I haven't seen where he actually accepted it yet.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2020, 01:58:11 PM »

But did Auburn even try and sign him?  Ultimately, it doesn't matter because it looks like we did.  Somehow, some way, even before Gus was canned, Cristobal was tabbed as one of the top candidates for the job.  The media declared we were going after him.  Talk shows said it.  Message boards were all over it.  My question though, is did anyone in power at Auburn actually ever say he was even a possibility?  If they did, I haven't seen it anywhere. 

Regardless, whether we went after him or not, we have egg on our face.  Go back to the process of hiring Malzahn.  There was a search committee.  Wait, no, that was a smoke screen.  Jacobs was really behind it all, right?  He wants a "puppet he can be in control of"  A yes man.  Wait, I heard Petrino was on campus.  He would be announced tomorrow.  Hold on, I'm hearing it's not CBP....  It went on and on and on.  Turns out nobody had a clue what really happened.  It was none of the above.  Until Kirby Smart came out much later and admitted the job was his, was anybody on top of that?  Nope!

We haven't had a legit search since Pat Dye was hired to beat Georgia and hang with the Tahd.

And looking back there are really about two,  too many loses each to UGA, LSU and State that might be the difference in retaining Malzahn if you ignore the FSU meltdown, UCF, the TAMU snap, the Guantanamoing and that time we Climpsomed. There are at least a half dozen more head scratchers if you look closely.

There's no defending that salary.

But to the media and naysayers Auburn people are operating under a fantasy and overate the program
beyond reasonable expectations.
That said, let's give the motherfuckers what they want.

Go big or go home!

Rhett Lashley or Elijah Drinkowicz.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2020, 01:59:14 PM »
At least Rhett Lashley is still available.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2020, 02:06:00 PM »
At least Rhett Lashley is still available.
Don't sleep on that Drinkowicz feller. He's phenomenal with numbers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2020, 02:15:51 PM »
So Phil Knight expedites Cristobal's contract just days after he responded to news of contact from Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions