bgreene

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

jmar

Re: So What If.....
« Reply #281 on: December 23, 2020, 09:30:30 PM »
https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2020/12/inside-the-battle-over-auburns-coaching-search.html
Thx for posting this.
I'm excited for a change and for all of us that thought we were going to get coal again, not that I'm against it.
Happy for Auburn, Greene, Gogue and everyone involved.
Also pleased that Harsin gets the autonomy to run his own show.
We have a future.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 07:05:37 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #282 on: December 24, 2020, 06:28:48 AM »
Yeah, the water thing was a bit different back then.  At Jeff Davis there was one hose at the practice field.  Everybody line up and lap up as much as you can.
I should see coach Lee in the next week.  I'll let him know that you remember his water breaks fondly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #283 on: December 24, 2020, 09:08:25 AM »
Thx for posting this.
I'm excited for a change and for all of us that thought we were going to get coal again, not that I'm against it.
Happy for Auburn, Greene, Gogue and everyone involved.
Also pleased that Harsin gets the autonomy to run his own show.
We have a future.
And it turns out that redneck goob gump from prattville was never a candidate, never Interviewed and never offered.

Even though he considered himself one by trying to contact Auburn about the job only to be told no thanks. f that bamtard. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #284 on: December 24, 2020, 10:02:48 AM »
And it turns out that redneck goob gump from prattville was never a candidate, never Interviewed and never offered.

Even though he considered himself one by trying to contact Auburn about the job only to be told no thanks. f that bamtard.
I was totally wrong about this idiot. I thought he had a good resume and maybe deserve a chance. Wrong. He’s a redneck moron.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #285 on: December 24, 2020, 10:57:45 AM »
Yeah, the water thing was a bit different back then.  At Jeff Davis there was one hose at the practice field.  Everybody line up and lap up as much as you can.
In Opelika we got to take salt pill with our water. Then proceed to get our ass beat 64-7 by Jeff Davis that Friday night. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #286 on: December 24, 2020, 11:14:46 AM »
I should see coach Lee in the next week.  I'll let him know that you remember his water breaks fondly.
I was a baseball guy.  Same set up though.  Charles hated me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #287 on: December 24, 2020, 11:19:25 AM »
I was a baseball guy.  Same set up though.  Charles hated me.
I thought you held a mean clipboard in football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #288 on: December 24, 2020, 11:24:36 AM »
I thought you held a mean clipboard in football.
One of the best to ever do it at JD.  Plus, I did it from the stands which made it even more spectacular.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #289 on: December 24, 2020, 11:31:24 AM »
One of the best to ever do it at JD.  Plus, I did it from the stands which made it even more spectacular.
??? So, you lied about all of that sideline time?

And here I was thinking you were a two sport star. What a crock of shit. I will never believe anything else you ever say, you lying sack of goat dung.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #290 on: December 24, 2020, 12:47:03 PM »
??? So, you lied about all of that sideline time?

And here I was thinking you were a two sport star. What a crock of shit. I will never believe anything else you ever say, you lying sack of goat dung.
Dayum. You a hard man WT. You done dissed your mentor Snags and your coaching hero Bill Clark in the same morning. Covid lockdown getting to you? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #291 on: December 24, 2020, 12:55:16 PM »
Dayum. You a hard man WT. You done dissed your mentor Snags and your coaching hero Bill Clark in the same morning. Covid lockdown getting to you?
Both are on the shit list, jmar. But just to clarify, Snags is no “mentor” to me. He is a lot of other things. But no mentor.

And to think we toasted to bill Clark for so long. Forget that lying zero. He didn’t even have an interview and HE is the one that called AU to ask about the job. And he has the gall to pretend like he was offered.

I am embarrassed that I was impressed with the way he held UAB together. He did well with that but he’s no P5 coach with rinky dink actions like that. He should have let Jimmy Sexton be his agent and he would’ve done a better job  feigning interest but that was weak. Gouge blew his bs away.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #292 on: December 24, 2020, 01:11:30 PM »
And it turns out that redneck goob gump from prattville was never a candidate, never Interviewed and never offered.

Yeah it turns out he's a decent second tier coach trying to run his own ad campaign.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #293 on: December 24, 2020, 01:16:29 PM »
Both are on the shit list, jmar. But just to clarify, Snags is no “mentor” to me. He is a lot of other things. But no mentor.

And to think we toasted to bill Clark for so long. Forget that lying zero. He didn’t even have an interview and HE is the one that called AU to ask about the job. And he has the gall to pretend like he was offered.

I am embarrassed that I was impressed with the way he held UAB together. He did well with that but he’s no P5 coach with rinky dink actions like that. He should have let Jimmy Sexton be his agent and he would’ve done a better job  feigning interest but that was weak. Gouge blew his bs away.
I especially like the fact that you've never got our new head coaches name right. I've seen Haskins, Harden and Harpoon among others. Pretty cool.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #294 on: December 24, 2020, 02:05:38 PM »
I especially like the fact that you've never got our new head coaches name right. I've seen Haskins, Harden and Harpoon among others. Pretty cool.
I am surprised that so many Auburn  people know so little of Harkle. Shows their football ignorance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #295 on: December 28, 2020, 09:49:47 AM »
Obviously, Harbert has a tall task in front of him, if for no other reason, the lack of quality linemen on both sides of the ball.  And of course, the loss of Bill Taylor.  But here's why everybody except the usual suspects of Clemson and Ohio State have a tall task.  Listening to sports talk this morning and surprise, surprise...the #1 running back in the nation flipped from Oklahoma and committed to the Tahd.  If memory serves, and many times it doesn't, that gives them 8 five star recruits.

And according to this report, this RB is out of Texas, which gives the Crapstoners the #1 Quarterback from Texas, along with the #1 Offensive Tackle, the #1 Center, the #1 Wide Receiver and #1 Linebacker from that state according to 247.

So the really rich just keep getting richer and the rest of us will try and play for a really good season.  Respectable.  On a side note, how do you think Texas fans feel about Bama coming in and taking every one of their top recruits right out from under Tom Herman's nose.  How does this happen?  Hmmm....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #296 on: December 28, 2020, 10:10:00 AM »
Obviously, Harbert has a tall task in front of him, if for no other reason, the lack of quality linemen on both sides of the ball.  And of course, the loss of Bill Taylor.  But here's why everybody except the usual suspects of Clemson and Ohio State have a tall task.  Listening to sports talk this morning and surprise, surprise...the #1 running back in the nation flipped from Oklahoma and committed to the Tahd.  If memory serves, and many times it doesn't, that gives them 8 five star recruits.

And according to this report, this RB is out of Texas, which gives the Crapstoners the #1 Quarterback from Texas, along with the #1 Offensive Tackle, the #1 Center, the #1 Wide Receiver and #1 Linebacker from that state according to 247.

So the really rich just keep getting richer and the rest of us will try and play for a really good season.  Respectable.  On a side note, how do you think Texas fans feel about Bama coming in and taking every one of their top recruits right out from under Tom Herman's nose.  How does this happen?  Hmmm....
It's got to end.  Somehow.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #297 on: December 28, 2020, 10:29:25 AM »
It's got to end.  Somehow. 
Don't know how that's possible when the NCAA turns a blind eye to everything at certain schools.  In the piece I posted about Florida, they got "popped" for illegal contact with a recruit in Seattle. The NCAA actually investigated, watched surveillance and took action.  Now, the penalties didn't amount to more than a slap on the wrist, but Mullen now has a show cause hung on him.  Texas A&M got zinged for the same thing by the NCAA.  When it happens with Saban, they create a new bump rule.

When Yahoo Sports exposes rampant cheating at The U, the NCAA comes riding in, guns a blazin'.  Unfortunately, they shot themselves in their own foot with those guns. When the same Yahoo Sports comes out with a report on illegal benefits to several players, including absolute documentation of over $30K in furniture, trips, rims etc. given to one, DJ Flucker, the NCAA says, "You know, poor guy slept in his car one night.  We believe it's time to start paying these players."  Begin the stipend program. 

Tip of the iceberg.  It's not going to end.  The NCAA wants them on that wall.  They need them on that wall.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #298 on: December 28, 2020, 10:40:39 AM »
Here's part of the Yahoo Sports article from 2013.  Yes, I know this is old news, but it points out the hypocrisy of the NCAA.  Note the bolded and keep in mind that the only thing that arose out of this was the NCAA putting the stamp of approval on paying players.

Four former SEC football players and one current SEC player received illegal benefits before completing their college careers, according to records obtained through a Yahoo! Sports investigation.
Former Alabama offensive tackle D.J. Fluker, former Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray, former Mississippi State defensive tackle Fletcher Cox, former Mississippi State wide receiver Chad Bumphis and current Tennessee defensive end Maurice Couch were all implicated in the report stemming from financial and text message records belonging to former Alabama defensive end Luther Davis. Yahoo! Sports found that Davis acted as middleman between the NFL agent community, financial advisers and a few big-name college football stars.
From the report:

Davis declined to comment for this story. However, Yahoo Sports was able to authenticate text message records, Western Union fund transfers, banking statements, flight receipts and other financial material linking both Davis and the five college football players. Yahoo Sports also found that three NFL agents and three financial advisers engaged Davis in transactions totaling $45,550. The three agents were Andy Simms, Peter Schaffer and John Phillips. The financial advisers were Jason Jernigan, Mike Rowan and Hodge Brahmbhatt.

If the NCAA could prove that Davis helped filter benefits to eligible college football players following his own college career, that would violate NCAA Bylaw 12.3.1.2, which prohibits athletes from receiving benefits from agents or marketing representatives. That could have substantial impact on Alabama, as Fluker, who was a starting offensive tackle on the Crimson Tide's 2012 national championship team, could be retroactively ruled ineligible. Tennessee and Mississippi State are also currently on probation for previous NCAA infractions.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions