Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

So What If.....

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: So What If.....
« Reply #240 on: December 23, 2020, 06:42:34 AM »
This will only work if he is allowed to overhaul the staff and start over with new folks. I don’t wish for anyone to lose a job but this program doesn’t need old guard hanging around and undermining. It’s obvious several on the staff are into that. This being Auburn, I expect he’s been told to retain everyone and run the Dye/Sullivan playbook.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 06:44:17 AM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #241 on: December 23, 2020, 07:50:24 AM »
This will only work if he is allowed to overhaul the staff and start over with new folks. I don’t wish for anyone to lose a job but this program doesn’t need old guard hanging around and undermining. It’s obvious several on the staff are into that. This being Auburn, I expect he’s been told to retain everyone and run the Dye/Sullivan playbook.
Agree the staff needs an overhaul.  So who has to go?  

My take is: 

1) Kodi Burns -- Like the kid, but he needs to go be a GA somewhere.  Maybe Troy.  
2) Carnell - Love Carnell, too. Not qualified for the job he has. 
3) Chad Fucking Morris -- obviously.  Congratulations to all the sunshine pumpers.  You were WRONG about that clown. Kaos was (again) right. 

Can he come in and whack "Auburn guys" like Carnell and Kodi without facing significant resistance?

Does he keep Steele and Garner?  I think it would be suicide if he did, but who knows.  What about Travis and McGriff? 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #242 on: December 23, 2020, 08:16:40 AM »

My take is:

1) Kodi Burns -- Like the kid, but he needs to go be a GA somewhere.  Maybe Troy. 
3) Chad Fucking Morris -- obviously.  Congratulations to all the sunshine pumpers.  You were WRONG about that clown. Kaos was (again) right.

Can he come in and whack "Auburn guys" like Carnell and Kodi without facing significant resistance?

Does he keep Steele and Garner?  I think it would be suicide if he did, but who knows.  What about Travis and McGriff?
why is it that most of the guys you want fired are black?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #243 on: December 23, 2020, 08:46:57 AM »

My take is:

Travis. I love the guy. He’s got a spirit about him. And linebacker play improved generally overall with him as coach. Everyone else can take a fuckin hike. Especially kodi, garner and Steele. All Grifters. 

from what I’ve read from both jay g, b matthews and a few others (cubelic)  - harsin will have full autonomy from Allen Greene and jay Gogue to run this program and hire his own staff.....period. This was all Allen Greene’s hire done somewhat covertly around the committee. I like it. I would never want to force harsin to retain a coach but I’d really like him to consider Travis for several reasons. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #244 on: December 23, 2020, 09:03:56 AM »
https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Jason-Caldwell-column-Thoughts-on-Harsin-and-Auburns-coaching-search-157654561/

I think this is a sane, honest take on the entire search which we were led to think was abandoned in a ditch three days after Gus was fired. And I have to admit that I had little if any confidence in Greene, Gogue or the BOT to do their due diligence and find the right head coach for the program.

I'm happy with the choice.
Thank you for the comments. I think I’m sane and honest, too. It’s always nice to get affirmations. I’ve always liked you as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #245 on: December 23, 2020, 09:27:50 AM »
Travis. I love the guy. He’s got a spirit about him. And linebacker play improved generally overall with him as coach. Everyone else can take a fudgein hike. Especially kodi, garner and Steele. All Grifters.

from what I’ve read from both jay g, b matthews and a few others (cubelic)  - harsin will have full autonomy from Allen Greene and jay Gogue to run this program and hire his own staff.....period. This was all Allen Greene’s hire done somewhat covertly around the committee. I like it. I would never want to force harsin to retain a coach but I’d really like him to consider Travis for several reasons.
That is great news, if true.  I too would love to see T-Will retained, but will trust Coarch Harsin's judgement there.  The rest of the bunch, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #246 on: December 23, 2020, 10:09:22 AM »
I just perused a Broncos board to get a sense of their reaction.  There are the obligatory "thank God" and "I'll drive him to the airport" and "Christmas came early" reactions.  Most think he'll do well, though. 

The one comment that struck me most?  

Will emulate Dabo but with Saban's personality.  That's what they're getting.  Except at Auburn he'll actually be able to get the 5* guys he pursued but Boise couldn't pull.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #247 on: December 23, 2020, 10:11:13 AM »
I just perused a Broncos board to get a sense of their reaction.  There are the obligatory "thank God" and "I'll drive him to the airport" and "Christmas came early" reactions.  Most think he'll do well, though.

The one comment that struck me most? 

Will emulate Dabo but with Saban's personality.  That's what they're getting.  Except at Auburn he'll actually be able to get the 5* guys he pursued but Boise couldn't pull. 
I sure hope so because ULM just landed Terry Bowden. I think he would’ve seriously considered coming home.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #248 on: December 23, 2020, 11:01:51 AM »
So the word is, it was as we suspected. Alan Greene went rogue and wasn’t anybody’s yes man.

That makes me proud of the guy and that’s a first for any AU AD. It could still end up costing him his job if the hire flops but he did his job despite all of the noise. And although I was ready for a change, I think it’s more evident that Gus didn’t have the support that he should have from within the team and otherwise. Not imo, anyway. Too many factions pulling different ways.

Regardless, he had his chance and that ship sailed. Good luck to him and enjoy the 21 mil.

Coach Haskins has my full support and I believe he won’t have any strings tied to him, which is great. We can thank Alan Greene for that.

I am more and more impressed by greene

Edit: not bgreen the AD Greene. Add an e.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 11:16:43 AM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #249 on: December 23, 2020, 11:02:39 AM »
What up bitches?

Y'all better be FUCKING PUMPED for this hire cause Greene knocked it out of the damn park.  I have never been this excited about an Auburn Coach outside of Bruce Pearl.  I like Harsin better than any of the other names that were even mentioned/ we supposedly whiffed on.  Dude may fall flat on his face, but I am 100% (like warbloggle in) on this hire.

He checks all the boxes.  Young, winner, offensive-minded, dude can coach, blue-collar, exQB.  Needs to surround himself with coaches that know the lay of the land but I don't think recruiting is going to be an issue. 

BTW...I'mma just leave this here.

4 years ago:
1. Kyle Wittingham
2. Bryan Harsin
3. Jeff Brohm
4. Kaos with Prowler at OC

3 years ago:
Not true Harsin would be a good hire.  Out of that list he would be the only one I would want.

2 years ago:
See I like the name Bryan Harsin

Unfortunately the next Head Coach at Auburn after Gus will be....

Chip Lindsey

WAR FUCKING EAGLE MOTHER FUCKERS!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 11:04:51 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #250 on: December 23, 2020, 11:17:31 AM »
What up bitches?

Y'all better be FUCKING PUMPED for this hire cause Greene knocked it out of the damn park.  I have never been this excited about an Auburn Coach outside of Bruce Pearl.  I like Harsin better than any of the other names that were even mentioned/ we supposedly whiffed on.  Dude may fall flat on his face, but I am 100% (like warbloggle in) on this hire.

He checks all the boxes.  Young, winner, offensive-minded, dude can coach, blue-collar, exQB.  Needs to surround himself with coaches that know the lay of the land but I don't think recruiting is going to be an issue. 

4 years ago:

3 years ago:
2 years ago:

WTF? Russians. That fucking Trump again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #251 on: December 23, 2020, 11:22:30 AM »
What up bitches?

Y'all better be fudgeING PUMPED for this hire cause Greene knocked it out of the damn park.  I have never been this excited about an Auburn Coach outside of Bruce Pearl.  I like Harsin better than any of the other names that were even mentioned/ we supposedly whiffed on.  Dude may fall flat on his face, but I am 100% (like warbloggle in) on this hire.

4 years ago:

3 years ago:
2 years ago:

WAR fudgeING EAGLE MOTHER fudgeERS!
I'd love to "Like" this post, but I can't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #252 on: December 23, 2020, 11:23:47 AM »
I wish I could like this hire but the damn button is broken.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Ogre

« Reply #253 on: December 23, 2020, 11:26:04 AM »
Solid hire and I am glad to hear Greene actually acted like the AD we hired him to be rather than be a Jay Jacobs-esque yes man.  He will have to assemble a staff with elite recruiters but I think he is smart enough to realize that.  

To sum it up, he ain't never been nothin' but a winner.  Hoping that we don't screw that up for him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #254 on: December 23, 2020, 11:29:52 AM »
What up bitches?

4 years ago:

3 years ago:
2 years ago:

So what you’re saying is your prediction of Chip Lindsey was a big fail.  Boom MFrs
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bgreene

« Reply #255 on: December 23, 2020, 12:24:23 PM »

Edit: not bgreen the AD Greene. Add an e.
jes' wait a minute WT
You know you're lyin' I've been hav'n a e on the end of mine all of my life

Don't you lump me in with all those low lives that spell it like the color....How dare you!!

« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 12:25:54 PM by bgreene »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #256 on: December 23, 2020, 12:38:37 PM »
jes' wait a minute WT
You know you're lyin' I've been hav'n a e on the end of mine all of my life

Don't you lump me in with all those low lives that spell it like the color....How dare you!!
Dammit! My bad. I stand corrected. 

Are you related?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #257 on: December 23, 2020, 01:30:36 PM »
Does anyone know when the introductory presser for coach Haskins will take place?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #258 on: December 23, 2020, 01:41:49 PM »
Does anyone know when the introductory presser for coach Haskins will take place?
Not sure but I hear he's had a good week of practice and he will be ready come game time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

jmar

« Reply #259 on: December 23, 2020, 01:47:53 PM »
Godfather should have the skinny on the presser. After all he was the prophet the BOT should have followed all along.

I had some spirits saved for a Trump victory.
Guess I crack it open for the Harsin hire instead.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions