Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

SEC West Coaching Landscape

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
SEC West Coaching Landscape
« on: December 09, 2019, 11:36:11 AM »
We now have added Lane Kiffen (for the lulz) and Sam Pittman (who?) to the SECW.

Other than the comedic content coming out of Oxford, what do we think of these hires?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: SEC West Coaching Landscape
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 11:58:12 AM »
Kiffen is a head scratcher for me.  I mean great for him...He's Lane Kiffen and can hit lots of hot moms and daughters...Maybe even together.  If you are Ole Miss rebelsharkblackbears there is no upside that I can see outside of the trolling he seems to do to Saban.

Pittman seems like a really good hire for Arkansas.  Not sure that he will be the one that can ever get them to 10 win years but they can't worry about 10 win years yet.  They need to worry about 6 win years and he can be that guy.  Their brand is tarnished not only with the country but more so with the kids he needs to recruit.  By all estimations he is a players coach and Arkansas needs that now to have a chance of being anything other that the West's version of Vanderbilt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 12:02:49 PM »
We now have added Lane Kiffen (for the lulz) and Sam Pittman (who?) to the SECW.

Other than the comedic content coming out of Oxford, what do we think of these hires?
I never heard of Steve Pittman either.  My one friend who is an Arkansas fan sent me a long (too long to read) justification of why this is the greatest hire in the history of CFB.  

He was the only good coach on Georgia's staff.  By hiring him, the Hogs are returning to the hard-nosed, big-boy brand of football that Coach Bert believed in.  

That was actually one of the big selling points -- Back to Bert.  Think about that for a minute. 

As for the comedy aspect?  I'm not getting that at all.  I think Kiffin's' a pretty creative troll and a hard-core mercenary.  I also think he's the best coach the Rebels have had in years.  Better than Cutcliffe.  Better than Freeze. Better than Brewer. He might make a mess of it, but my bet is that (maybe not next year, but soon) the Rebel Black Bear Sharks will become a really tough out.   He's also arriving at the right time.  Orgeron's magic has to be short-lived (doesn't it?).  Saban has to wane (doesn't he?).   State is stuck with Doughy Joe.  Arkansas just went back to Bert. Gus still hasn't yanked his head out of his ass and Steele won't be there forever.  Maybe I'm misreading the grass patterns, but I think there's going to be a void in the SEC that a Kiffin-led psychotic team could fill. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 12:14:57 PM »
I like the move for Arkansas because they didn't try to win the press conference. I'm sure Pittman wasn't tops on their list, but with this, they acknowledge that this rebuild should start with the lines. That's not a bad move. They are going to be bad next year but in year two, there should be improvement. 

Over/under on the number of years Kiffin lasts in Oxford vs. the number of NCAA violations he is reported for (probably by Saban)? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 12:16:56 PM »
I never heard of Steve Pittman either.  My one friend who is an Arkansas fan sent me a long (too long to read) justification of why this is the greatest hire in the history of CFB. 

He was the only good coach on Georgia's staff.  By hiring him, the Hogs are returning to the hard-nosed, big-boy brand of football that Coach Bert believed in. 

That was actually one of the big selling points -- Back to Bert.  Think about that for a minute.

As for the comedy aspect?  I'm not getting that at all.  I think Kiffin's' a pretty creative troll and a hard-core mercenary.  I also think he's the best coach the Rebels have had in years.  Better than Cutcliffe.  Better than Freeze. Better than Brewer. He might make a mess of it, but my bet is that (maybe not next year, but soon) the Rebel Black Bear Sharks will become a really tough out.  He's also arriving at the right time.  Orgeron's magic has to be short-lived (doesn't it?).  Saban has to wane (doesn't he?).  State is stuck with Doughy Joe.  Arkansas just went back to Bert. Gus still hasn't yanked his head out of his ass and Steele won't be there forever.  Maybe I'm misreading the grass patterns, but I think there's going to be a void in the SEC that a Kiffin-led psychotic team could fill.
Whow whow, Kiffin better than Cutcliffe?  Not in a bazillion years.  Cutcliffe is a hell of a coach and they were stupid for firing him.  Kiffin has left ashes at all the Major programs he has been hired at.  Maybe that will change, but he isn't better than Cutcliffe or Freeze IMO...not at all, not at this point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2019, 12:21:16 PM »

As for the comedy aspect?  I'm not getting that at all.  I think Kiffin's' a pretty creative troll and a hard-core mercenary.  I also think he's the best coach the Rebels have had in years.  Better than Cutcliffe.  Better than Freeze. Better than Brewer. He might make a mess of it, but my bet is that (maybe not next year, but soon) the Rebel Black Bear Sharks will become a really tough out.  He's also arriving at the right time.  Orgeron's magic has to be short-lived (doesn't it?).  Saban has to wane (doesn't he?).  State is stuck with Doughy Joe.  Arkansas just went back to Bert. Gus still hasn't yanked his head out of his ass and Steele won't be there forever.  Maybe I'm misreading the grass patterns, but I think there's going to be a void in the SEC that a Kiffin-led psychotic team could fill.
Agree. Don't know that Kiffen can get them to the pinnacle of ranked with game day at the grove as Freeze did without booster meddling but he should keep things interesting.

Weren't they #8 at one time?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 12:23:01 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2019, 12:24:00 PM »
Over/under on the number of years Kiffin lasts in Oxford vs. the number of NCAA violations he is reported for (probably by Saban)?
Throw in knocked up sorority girls, and set it at 3, and I'm in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2019, 12:28:36 PM »
Throw in knocked up sorority girls, and set it at 3, and I'm in.
According to Twitter, this is also a Bo Nix move. #winning
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2019, 12:42:04 PM »
According to Twitter, this is also a Bo Nix move. #winning
He don't wanna go down that treacherous path. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2019, 12:58:17 PM »
Whow whow, Kiffin better than Cutcliffe?  Not in a bazillion years.  Cutcliffe is a hell of a coach and they were stupid for firing him.  Kiffin has left ashes at all the Major programs he has been hired at.  Maybe that will change, but he isn't better than Cutcliffe or Freeze IMO...not at all, not at this point.
Right now this minute. Your choices are Freeze, Cutcliffe and Lane.  Who do you take? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2019, 01:28:13 PM »
Pittman is a 60 year old lifetime position coach. Yes a great recruiter and position coach. But straight to an sec hc gig? Ouch. I like it for the fact that ark still won’t be good and ga lost the one bright spot they had. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2019, 01:42:00 PM »
Right now this minute. Your choices are Freeze, Cutcliffe and Lane.  Who do you take?
I would take Freeze, but only because Cutcliffe is getting older.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2019, 02:01:44 PM »
Yep  ^^^this^^^  What teh BftC Winner Said
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2019, 02:17:07 PM »
Me too. I think he has learned to hide stuff from the bammers now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2019, 02:45:26 PM »
Freeze has a wide open, innovative offense.  But, everything he did at Ole Miss was due to them deciding they were tired of being a perennial doormat.  So they opened up the checkbook and tried to play the game on Bama's level.  Everybody knew it.  Everybody also knew they didnt have Bama's built in protections from the NCAA.  Then, they went and poked the bear a couple of times.  Hugh sits at Liberty and Ole Miss is Ole Miss again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2019, 03:01:06 PM »
Freeze has a wide open, innovative offense.  But, everything he did at Ole Miss was due to them deciding they were tired of being a perennial doormat.  So they opened up the checkbook and tried to play the game on Bama's level.  Everybody knew it.  Everybody also knew they didnt have Bama's built in protections from the NCAA.  Then, they went and poked the bear a couple of times.  Hugh sits at Liberty and Ole Miss is Ole Miss again.
Liberty Biberty. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2019, 08:56:35 PM »
Liberty Biberty.
What if I come out of the water 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2019, 09:27:21 PM »
Yeah I have to agree with you guys. 
Given the choice of the three I would take Freeze.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2019, 01:35:03 PM »
Ok.  I'm on record.  I'd take Kiffin in a heartbeat over Freeze, Nutt or Huckleberry Hound (can't remember the guy's name and don't feel like even scrolling here to see it). 

That said?  Kiffin's tenure at Ole Miss could get ugly in a hurry.  They start with Baylor, get a cupcake, and then run Auburn, LSU, Alabama, Vandy and Florida.  It's no stretch to imagine that going 2-5, 1-6. 

Those fools over there think they're a notch below Bama. They truly don't understand that this is who they are. They will start choking on the MD 2020 they poured into champagne bottles for the tailgate.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 01:37:12 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2019, 01:36:13 PM »
Ok.  I'm on record.  I'd take Kiffin in a heartbeat over Freeze, Nutt or Huckleberry Hound (can't remember the guy's name and don't feel like even scrolling here to see it). 

That said?  Kiffin's tenure at Ole Miss could get ugly in a hurry.  They start with Baylor, get a cupcake, and then run Auburn, LSU, Alabama, Vandy and Florida.  It's no stretch to imagine that going 2-4, 1-5. 

Those fools over there think they're a notch below Bama. They truly don't understand that this is who they are. They will start choking on the MD 2020 they poured into champagne bottles for the tailgate.
Thus, the lulz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.