Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Predications on Teh Champions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Predications on Teh Champions
« on: December 05, 2019, 11:11:42 AM »
The final week of the regular season culminates with the Conference Championships.  Several intriguing matchups that will most certainly determine a new 4th place participant.  That tells you I give FUGA little chance of upending the Fighting Goat Boys in Atlanta.  Utah, Baylor and Oklahoma are all just on the outside looking in and hoping to whip their opponents to a frothy finish so as to impress the committee and get them in the top 4.

So Friday night, Oregon and Utah kick off the festivities.  The Ducks (They're just so fast) were kind of the Cinderella favorite to make their way into the playoffs, but blew any chance they had with a loss to Arizona State a couple of weeks ago.  Herbert is the real deal and could normally take over a game by himself.  However, I don't see it happening here.  Why?  Just a guess.  You see, I know exactly squat about the Utes, other than the fact they're from Utah.  They are from Utah, right?  Word has it they also have a pretty good football team.  And the X factor here is that they have everything to play for while Oregon is probably a bit deflated and Herbert most likely won't be taking too many chances and risk going all Tua.

Utah:  38

Oregon:  28

Baylor vs. Oklahoma Part Doo.  In their first match up, Baylor channeled their inner ATL and let a 28-3 lead slip away, and the Sooners mounted a furious rally to edge Da Bears.  Prior to, and since that game, Baylor has handled it's bidnezz while the Sooners seemingly have to find ways to win every week.  Okie is a long shot to make it even with a second win Saturday.  Baylor, on the other hand, is much like Utah.  This is their Super Bowl to get to the Super Bowls.  And this version of the Bears is not like the high flying, outscore everybody 56-48 teams of recent years.  They actually can play a little defense.  I'll take the Bears.

Baylor  30

OU  24

Another rematch has 10-2 Wisconsin squaring off against the Growhio State Bulkeyes.  tOSU pulled away in the second half of their first game and cruised to a 38-7 win.  The Badgers played them pretty much skrate up for 2 quarters but didn't have anything offensively for the Buckeyes.  Wisky has been looking good down the home stretch and just knocked off some Gopher Poon with ease.  On the other hand, OSU has only been tested once this season a couple of weeks ago against Penn State.  They still pulled out an 11 point win, if memory serves.  Otherwise, it's been a demolition derby for the Nuts.  I see this one being closer than some think but in the end...

Ohio State 28

Wisconsin  14

LSU and FUGA will meet in the ATL to decide the SEC Championship.  We all know what both these teams are about.  I weebled and wobbled on this game a few weeks back when it was apparent they would meet.  At one time, I thought FUGA's defense had what it took to slow down the LSU freight train.  In addition, I thought LSU's D was highly suspect and could give up points in bunches.  I don't be thankin' dat way any mo. Yes, FUGA plays some stout D. Best in the league.  But other than racking up points against lowly G. Tech, they can't score.  And their leading receiver is out as well. I'm cooking up some Jambalaya Saturday night and hopefully watching those filthy dogs from the Cesspool of the South get that ass tapped.

LSU  37

FUGA  17

What say ye, Brethren?         
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

Re: Predications on Teh Champions
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 02:17:45 PM »
I'm in agreement on all. Put up any line though and I'm going 0 for 4. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 02:20:16 PM »
The QUIET elephant in the room buried underneath all the chatter about "Georgia's GREAT D".

Georgia's Schedule and subsequent offensive ranking of each team:

Vandy - 123rd
Murray State - FCS
Ark State - 46th
Notre Dame - 49th
Tenn - 100th
South Carolina - 96th
Kentucky - 81st
Florida - 54th
Mizzou - 94th
Auburn - 53rd (64th before Iron Bowl onslaught)
Aggie - 72nd
Tech - 127th (out of 129)

LSU - 2nd

Im just sayin.....theyre facing a whole other animal this Sat than what they've padded their stats with 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 02:30:19 PM »
SEC Championship: Georgia vs. LSU

Things Georgia has going for it in this game: a stout defense,  a solid run game, and a decent head coach in Kirby Smart.

Things Georgia won't have for at least part of the game: star WR Lawrence Cager (out with an ankle injury), lead RB Deandre Swift (injured against Georgia Tech), leading WR George Pickens (ejected for fighting in the Georgia Tech game).
Hollywood couldn't craft that kind of self-sabotage.

Georgia is a really good football team but to win this game, they'd have to play in a manner different than they have not all year. The Bulldogs are not equipped to trade scores with a team like LSU. The Tigers have forced every team (except Auburn) into this kind of game and the results are always the same. There was an adage when heavyweight boxers tried to beat Evander Holyfield by throwing hooks (his signature punch) - don't hook with a hooker.

LSU's offense is already the stuff of legend and they still have games to play. I expect Joe Burrow to do what he's done all year - throw the ball around the field to a talented group of skilled players. Burrow rarely misses or misfires. That opens the run game to fireplug running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire who tears through opposing defenses like they are paper. Sure, LSU's defense surrenders points to everyone, but they have not played a team yet that can trade scores with them and survive. Expect more of the same in Atlanta on Saturday.
LSU 42, Georgia 24

PAC 12 Championship: Oregon vs. Utah

Utah's defense is smothering and their run game is brutal to defend. Oregon isn't the usual so fast group and they can move the ball on offense - when they get their stuff together. Defensively, the Ducks are fairly stout as well. I think Utah will need something from the passing game if they want to win this. I expect a hard-hitting game with the Utes coming out on top.
Utah 20, Oregon 17

Big 12(w 10) Championship: Baylor vs. Oklahoma Part Deux

In the first meeting, Baylor let Oklahoma claw back into the game and take the win in Waco. Oklahoma has done that several times this year and with their run game powering the offense, no reason to think they can't keep the green Bears at arms' length long enough to win. Will they make the playoffs? I don't think so but the committee has no consistent history to base that on either. Oklahoma is the better team overall.
Oklahoma 31, Baylor 27

ACC Championship: Clemson vs. Virginia
Virginia's offense looks like the Wing-T and their defense is spotty. Clemson runs over people on both sides of the ball. Clemson YUGE.
Clemson 44, Virginia 13

B1G Championship: Ohio State vs. Wisconsin II: The Spawning
We've seen this movie. More of the same.
Ohio State 34, Wisconsin 14

BONUS ROUND
American Championship: Cincinnati wins the rematch with Memphis.

MAC Championship: Central Michigan over Miami (OH)

Mountain West Championship: Boise State beats Hawaii for the second time.

Conference USA Championship: UAB takes down the fighting Kiffin's of FAU.

SunBelt Championship: Appy St. takes care of Louisiana in yet another rematch.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 03:29:49 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 04:42:05 PM »
Guess what came in the mail today?      38
Mushroom Mushroom                           17

Jesus bears        35
Hurts donut        31

What's a Ute?      24
Sad O faces         17

Ellis Hugh            41
Hugh Jasses         24

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2019, 07:38:46 AM »
Like I was saying above in re to Ga’s D. Severely inflated.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2019, 10:16:46 AM »
Things I noticed.  

Georgia’s defensive backs were allowed to grab receiver jerseys and be pulled down the field.  They were allowed to wrap hands around midsections while the football was in the air.  Auburn DBs would have been hit with 22 pass interference penalties had they attempted the same tactics.  

By the same token, the LSU offensive line was allowed to hold like Jeffrey Epstein at an eighth grade spring dance.  The bengals got bama-esque protection there.  

Orgeron has somehow built LSU into the team I always thought AU had the potential to be.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2019, 10:44:13 AM »
Things I noticed. 

Georgia’s defensive backs were allowed to grab receiver jerseys and be pulled down the field.  They were allowed to wrap hands around midsections while the football was in the air.  Auburn DBs would have been hit with 22 pass interference penalties had they attempted the same tactics. 

By the same token, the LSU offensive line was allowed to hold like Jeffrey Epstein at an eighth grade spring dance.  The bengals got bama-esque protection there. 

Orgeron has somehow built LSU into the team I always thought AU had the potential to be. 
LSU had high praise for UGA's defense but I thought Auburn played them just as tough. We made a better game of it even though they put up over 500 yards on us.  Just didn't have enough offense to beat them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2019, 10:55:49 AM »
LSU had high praise for UGA's defense but I thought Auburn played them just as tough. We made a better game of it even though they put up over 500 yards on us.  Just didn't have enough offense to beat them.
Coynis Miller was on twitter clowning UGA for trying to copy our defensive gameplan against LSU...without the DL that Auburn has.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2019, 11:12:02 AM »
Coynis Miller was on twitter clowning UGA for trying to copy our defensive gameplan against LSU...without the DL that Auburn has.
That was a great plan by Steele. And to think just how good we might have been if we had an edge rusher. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2019, 11:12:54 AM »
That was a great plan by Steele. And to think just how good we might have been if we had an edge rusher.
^^tHIS^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.