Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

FUCK YOU MOTHER FUCKERS

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: FUCK YOU MOTHER FUCKERS
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2008, 02:36:02 PM »
I'm not looking.....yet.
Still no boat, eh?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2008, 02:36:38 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2008, 03:02:12 PM »
To address the profanity issue, we are all adults here. The reason that profanity is allowed is because our belief is if you can say it in public why can't you type it.  

Ranger once stated that we would probably have more members if we opened the forum up and allowed guests to "troll".  I talked with a few members and all of us agreed that we would probably get more membership, however thats not what we wanted necessarily.  I like that the forum is restricted and only supposed to be 18 and over, because frankly outside of Saniflush, no one else wants little kids on this forum.Therefore I consider this board as being private.

Point taken.

I was not kettle calling.  I profane it up myself when the feeling hits.  And I have no interest in conversing with anybody's kid -- something that occured far too often in that other realm.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 03:02:58 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2008, 03:10:46 PM »
I am just glad that Howard hasn't been caught yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2008, 03:11:53 PM »
Point taken.

I was not kettle calling.  I profane it up myself when the feeling hits.  And I have no interest in conversing with anybody's kid -- something that occured far too often in that other realm.
I know you weren't nor was I. I just feel that if people are to prudish to read a little profanity now and then fuck em'
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2008, 03:21:16 PM »
I know you weren't nor was I. I just feel that if people are to prudish to read a little profanity now and then fuck em'

Yeah.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2008, 04:18:02 PM »
I see your point about trying to keep it private because of it being more of an adult oriented board. I can agree with that because the level of profanity used on this board is not meant for a more family friendly board. However, how do you guarantee that anybody that registers is over 18? You can't, but at least you are trying to control it by making people register.

Then again, those on this board may be over 18, but that does not mean we have the mindset of an adult.....Steve.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 04:20:28 PM by Ranger12 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2008, 04:23:06 PM »
I see your point about trying to keep it private because of it being more of an adult oriented board. I can agree with that because the level of profanity used on this board is not meant for a more family friendly board. However, how do you guarantee that anybody that registers is over 18? You can't, but at least you are trying to control it by making people register.

Then again, those on this board may be over 18, but that does not mean we have the mindset of an adult.....Steve.

I enjoy the company of adults.  Mostly female and naked. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Ogre

« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2008, 04:24:14 PM »
I see your point about trying to keep it private because of it being more of an adult oriented board. I can agree with that. However, how do you guarantee that anybody that registers is over 18? You can't, but at least you are trying to control it by making people register. Then again, those on this board may be over 18, but that does not mean we have the mindset of an adult.....Steve.

We do as good of a job as can be expected, short of having members provide a credit card for verification.  

Hey...that's not a bad idea...

Anyway, we have any new member check a box that says they are over 18 and understand the rules of the board.  If someone under 18 lies about their age, it's on them.  Most people who don't like the tone or language usually find out that this isn't the place for them within their first 5 minutes of browsing the site.  It's ok, we understand that our brand isn't for everyone.  It's worked out well for everyone so far, and I wouldn't have it any other way...

...except maybe you guys providing me with your credit card info.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2008, 04:30:30 PM »
We do as good of a job as can be expected, short of having members provide a credit card for verification.  

Hey...that's not a bad idea...

Anyway, we have any new member check a box that says they are over 18 and understand the rules of the board.  If someone under 18 lies about their age, it's on them.  Most people who don't like the tone or language usually find out that this isn't the place for them within their first 5 minutes of browsing the site.  It's ok, we understand that our brand isn't for everyone.  It's worked out well for everyone so far, and I wouldn't have it any other way...

...except maybe you guys providing me with your credit card info.  
Oh yeah, the only way to know for sure is to do the credit card verification thing. Then again, some kid can simply take their parent's credit card and sign up if they want in that bad, so that is not even foolproof. When it comes to the internet, there is no way to be 100% safe, so you do the best you can. Like you said, having the members register and check that box covers your ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2008, 04:32:28 PM »
Oh yeah, the only way to know for sure is to do the credit card verification thing. Then again, some kid can simply take their parent's credit card and sign up if they want in that bad, so that is not even foolproof. When it comes to the internet, there is no way to be 100% safe, so you do the best you can. Like you said, having the members register and check that box covers your ass.
Actually, Howard is the designated member for coverings other guys asses...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2008, 04:39:30 PM »

I think the problems with this board started when the new element wanted to change the way things were traditionally done. 

:taunt:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2008, 04:49:46 PM »
You would be completely wrong about people wanting to take the forum "in a new direction."  Not once was profanity/nudity or anything "non-PG" an issue with me.  In fact, if you want to get right down to it, I cringe a little at some of the things that are done here in the public forum and almost always regret my own profane outbursts.  If I were making the rules, those things would probably be reserved for private forums. So your thinking there is pretty far off.

The real problem there was a small group of people deciding what the "official" position on topics was going to be and then enforcing that view through moderation.  That was the main problem. The second problem was that this same group opted to grant wide-ranging freedom to certain bama fans while simultaneously attempting to stifle the opinions of Auburn fans.  I really had no real issue with how the Bama fans were treated, but I did resent the treatment of the AU fans in comparison.

When you get right down to it, the core issue was really about that select few opining on a regular basis as to what it meant to be "an Auburn man" when that same select group had about as much a copyright on the patent as I have the patent on Post-It notes.  People didn't like being told how they were "supposed" to think, didn't like the way that position was enforced -- and particularly didn't appreciate the childish, petty and vindictive manner in which things were handled.  

In retrospect, however, I'm happy things worked out the way they did.  I'd prefer to never discuss that other board again. But I'll be damned if I'm going to sit idly by while some attempt to write revisionist history here.  

Thanks for the input. I know there are two sides to the story and I don't have a dog in that fight. I have never claimed to know what went down and why, I just know how it looked from where I was standing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2008, 11:11:58 PM »
Well, you all know the reason why I like this website.  It's really hard for me to type without using fuckin' curse words.  That's just how I roll Bitches.  Plus, I like the way that YouTube is done over here.

Let's hear why my Mentor, Mr. George Carlin, might like this website:

« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 11:13:01 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2008, 01:54:02 AM »
Well, you all know the reason why I like this website.  It's really hard for me to type without using fuckin' curse words.  That's just how I roll Bitches.  Plus, I like the way that YouTube is done over here.

Let's hear why my Mentor, Mr. George Carlin, might like this website:

One of the funniest comedy routines ever. :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.