Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

FUCK YOU MOTHER FUCKERS

Re: FUCK YOU MOTHER FUCKERS
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2008, 09:05:54 PM »
]
It's not that he just comes over here, it's that he posts.  We have others from over there who come over here just to lurk, which is their perogative.  I think Ranger found out quickly that we're not all a bunch of miscreants and he's been treated fairly since he's been posting here.  Sure he's had run-ins with one or two members, but that was to be expected.

Who you calling type-A, motherfucker? 

Sorry, I just couldn't pass that opportunity up.

Damn near everyone here, lol.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2008, 01:02:44 AM »
I just never understood why some felt like they could come in and take the forum over and make it the way they wanted it. It was there for years before they arrived and it has always been a pg-13 type forum at best. It has always been moderated fairly the same. I understand some paid money and felt they would get more input and didn't. If I was putting up cash and wanted influence, I damn sure would have made clear what I was getting for my money before I paid. Did DKW promise what powers you would receive for your $$$ and then back out?
Sounds like someone only got the fabricated version of the story...

Anyone who told you the "falling out" had anything to do with the right to say dirty words is full of shit.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 01:03:18 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2008, 02:37:03 AM »

Anyone who told you the "falling out" had anything to do with the right to say dirty words is full of shit.
Taking people's money to pay off a credit card is a part of Dave Ramsey's baby steps.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Tiger Six

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2008, 03:32:02 AM »
I just never understood why some felt like they could come in and take the forum over and make it the way they wanted it. It was there for years before they arrived and it has always been a pg-13 type forum at best. It has always been moderated fairly the same. I understand some paid money and felt they would get more input and didn't. If I was putting up cash and wanted influence, I damn sure would have made clear what I was getting for my money before I paid. Did DKW promise what powers you would receive for your $$$ and then back out?

It seems to have worked out well. Two distinctly different forums where you can choose one or both to visit. There's more assholes over here but that just makes it more fun. This place is teeming with type-A or type-A wannabe personalities.

If anyone tells you that the split had anything to do with language, they are lying. 

It is long and complicated and I will not rehash it all, but it had nothing to do with whether or not you could say frick. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2008, 05:51:05 AM »
Watch your mouth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2008, 08:01:56 AM »
Who are the assholes here?  If you are an "A" personality and an "asshole", does that make you a "Double AA" Personality? 

Only if you are on the golf course.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2008, 08:51:29 AM »

It seems to have worked out well. Two distinctly different forums where you can choose one or both to visit. There's more assholes over here but that just makes it more fun. This place is teeming with type-A or type-A wannabe personalities.

JESUS IN A CHARIOT! 

Are you serious? You think the impetus for this forum was the ability to say swear words.  For the love of Mike (or Michelle if you prefer), that was the least of the concerns. The ability to say fuck you to idiots that deserved it was simply a by product, not the root cause.

It was NEVER about this poster or that poster "arriving" and trying to remake the forum in his or her image. Fuck you for even thinking that. 

It was NEVER about A personalities, B personalities or  any of that.

It was NEVER about people being promised influence for money. 

Thanks for spouting the brainwashed theories that the Penile Triumverate would have people believe. Hell with them all.

There's no point in rehashing all of that because that forum can rot on its goose-stepping vine. Those of us who elected to go elsewhere have moved on and the vast majority of us no longer care what the official position of that forum is. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2008, 08:52:06 AM »
Hey Steve, we actually have two multiplexes. Every now and then we do a Star Wars marathon, besides just showing Return of the Jedi. Heck, sometimes we even throw in a Battlestar Galactica marathon for the diehard geeks.

As far as the split being about foul language, nobody "in the know" at AUN has claimed that was the reason for the split. There were conflicts were how the board should be run. Like Randall said, there is no reason to rehash all of that. It is just a message board and the only people that had a reason to gripe were the guys that had money involved, regardless of who was right or wrong. Those, like me, that had not financially invested into the board on a regular basis, well I don't see where you really have that much to complain about.

Like somebody said, they are two different boards with two different styles. You can either like one or the other, or you can like parts of both. Some days there may be more going on with one board then the other. I think that if somebody, from either board, wants to keep trying to make some "civil war" between the two boards is just plain ridiculous. If I comment about AUN and you want to get your panties in a was about that, then that is your problem. I have made comments over at AUN about TigersX, some good and some bad. They have to deal with that also and so far nobody over there has made an issue about me posting over here.

Now, excuse me why I go find my Brasso to go shine my AUN moderators badge so I can brag about and show it off.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 08:55:16 AM by Ranger12 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2008, 08:53:30 AM »
YOU'RE ALL DICKHEADS!!! Does that make me gay saying that?
No...having Sabban's cum dribbling down your chin makes you gay.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2008, 08:58:27 AM »
Watch your mouth.

He was just talking about Shaft.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2008, 09:09:04 AM »
I have made comments over at AUN about TigersX, some good and some bad. They have to deal with that also and so far nobody over there has made an issue about me posting over here.
I got banned for mentioning this site over there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2008, 12:27:35 PM »
JESUS IN A CHARIOT! 

Are you serious? You think the impetus for this forum was the ability to say swear words.  For the love of Mike (or Michelle if you prefer), that was the least of the concerns. The ability to say fuck you to idiots that deserved it was simply a by product, not the root cause.

It was NEVER about this poster or that poster "arriving" and trying to remake the forum in his or her image. Fuck you for even thinking that. 

It was NEVER about A personalities, B personalities or  any of that.

It was NEVER about people being promised influence for money. 

Thanks for spouting the brainwashed theories that the Penile Triumverate would have people believe. Hell with them all.

There's no point in rehashing all of that because that forum can rot on its goose-stepping vine. Those of us who elected to go elsewhere have moved on and the vast majority of us no longer care what the official position of that forum is. 

Brainwashed? lol. Thats funny seeings how I have never discussed what happened with you guys and them with either of the three (don't really care for titan, rarely ever speak with dkw and sto) and didn't even read a lot of the pissing contest threads with you and them and some others because they were so dysfunctional. Thats why I was asking. For someone who "doesn't care" about the other forum, your emotions certainly run high when discussing them.

If you don't want to talk about it thats fine. No need to be such a pissy fucking bitch about it though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2008, 12:38:12 PM »

No, no one has ever told me that and I have nothing that resembles a finger on the pulse of the admin over there. Have never communicated with them on this subject.

My point wasn't so much about cussing but tone. It just seemed to me from the outside looking in that it was more about the moderation. They keep a fairly tight lid on things over there and I was miffed a few times when I got edited (one time by Jenny for a pg feminine joke of some sort), and bitched in the barn at least twice about it. I think the cursing here is a by product of the tone that was wanted to be allowed over there that wasn't.

It just seemed that the new element over there wanted to take the forum in a new direction that was opposed to the direction in which it had always been headed, PG, the kind of stuff you can turn your 13 yr old kid loose in and not worry. That doesn't come from dkw, sto, or the other guy. It comes from me watching from the sidelines as all this went down.

Unfortunately, titan tiger has the power over there and can be quite the pontificating asshole but thats the way it has always been for the most part. At least since the last worst crash where he became admin many years ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2008, 12:42:02 PM »
If anyone tells you that the split had anything to do with language, they are lying. 

It is long and complicated and I will not rehash it all, but it had nothing to do with whether or not you could say frick. 

I hear you. I wasn't looking for a rehash but was curious if what I asked about was a main reason. I doubt a rehash would accomplish anything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2008, 01:43:49 PM »
Those, like me, that had not financially invested into the board on a regular basis, well I don't see where you really have that much to complain about.

Yeah, those damn Jews should quit their bitching about Hitler, Stalin and Mussolini since they didn't buy Nazi war bonds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2008, 01:45:38 PM »
This is nice to read, but has birmingham came back and offered up why he was banned?  I'm kinda doped up on cold meds, so I might have missed it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2008, 01:56:16 PM »
No, no one has ever told me that and I have nothing that resembles a finger on the pulse of the admin over there. Have never communicated with them on this subject.

My point wasn't so much about cussing but tone. It just seemed to me from the outside looking in that it was more about the moderation. They keep a fairly tight lid on things over there and I was miffed a few times when I got edited (one time by Jenny for a pg feminine joke of some sort), and bitched in the barn at least twice about it. I think the cursing here is a by product of the tone that was wanted to be allowed over there that wasn't.

It just seemed that the new element over there wanted to take the forum in a new direction that was opposed to the direction in which it had always been headed, PG, the kind of stuff you can turn your 13 yr old kid loose in and not worry. That doesn't come from dkw, sto, or the other guy. It comes from me watching from the sidelines as all this went down.

Unfortunately, titan tiger has the power over there and can be quite the pontificating asshole but thats the way it has always been for the most part. At least since the last worst crash where he became admin many years ago.

You would be completely wrong about people wanting to take the forum "in a new direction."  Not once was profanity/nudity or anything "non-PG" an issue with me.  In fact, if you want to get right down to it, I cringe a little at some of the things that are done here in the public forum and almost always regret my own profane outbursts.  If I were making the rules, those things would probably be reserved for private forums. So your thinking there is pretty far off.

The real problem there was a small group of people deciding what the "official" position on topics was going to be and then enforcing that view through moderation.  That was the main problem. The second problem was that this same group opted to grant wide-ranging freedom to certain bama fans while simultaneously attempting to stifle the opinions of Auburn fans.  I really had no real issue with how the Bama fans were treated, but I did resent the treatment of the AU fans in comparison.

When you get right down to it, the core issue was really about that select few opining on a regular basis as to what it meant to be "an Auburn man" when that same select group had about as much a copyright on the patent as I have the patent on Post-It notes.  People didn't like being told how they were "supposed" to think, didn't like the way that position was enforced -- and particularly didn't appreciate the childish, petty and vindictive manner in which things were handled.  

In retrospect, however, I'm happy things worked out the way they did.  I'd prefer to never discuss that other board again. But I'll be damned if I'm going to sit idly by while some attempt to write revisionist history here.  

« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 02:07:31 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2008, 02:03:24 PM »
Runwithscisscors, have you chauffeured Saban around anymore? Has he left his cell phone in your car again?
what the fuck are you talking about? i think you have the wrong person.

anyways, i could give two shits and a fuck less about the whole situation really, because it doesn't involve me. but whatever.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 02:12:29 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2008, 02:27:01 PM »
You would be completely wrong about people wanting to take the forum "in a new direction."  Not once was profanity/nudity or anything "non-PG" an issue with me.  In fact, if you want to get right down to it, I cringe a little at some of the things that are done here in the public forum and almost always regret my own profane outbursts.  If I were making the rules, those things would probably be reserved for private forums. So your thinking there is pretty far off.

To address the profanity issue, we are all adults here. The reason that profanity is allowed is because our belief is if you can say it in public why can't you type it.  

Ranger once stated that we would probably have more members if we opened the forum up and allowed guests to "troll".  I talked with a few members and all of us agreed that we would probably get more membership, however thats not what we wanted necessarily.  I like that the forum is restricted and only supposed to be 18 and over, because frankly outside of Saniflush, no one else wants little kids on this forum.Therefore I consider this board as being private.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2008, 02:30:59 PM »
because frankly outside of Saniflush, no one else wants little kids on this forum.Therefore I consider this board as being private.

I'm not looking.....yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."