Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Putcher Fast Food Here

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Putcher Fast Food Here
« on: August 01, 2019, 05:54:08 PM »
Just saw an article where in a poll, Chick-Fil-A replaced In-N-Out Burger as the top fast food franchise in America. I already alluded to In-N-Out the other day.  I tried it once out in Vegas and that will be my last.  Not a bad experience.  Just as bland a burger and fries as I've ever had.  I expected 100% more after all the hype.

Speaking of the Chick, last season we made a weekend out of a foosballz Saturday on the Planes.  The game was a late afternoon start and that morning, we were driving across campus to meet some family.  I think it was Magnolia we turned on from College, but as soon as we did....dead standstill.  A wreck?  No, don't see one.  Football traffic?  No way. It's way too early.  Finally after 20 minutes of crawling at a snail's pace, we see that it's the friggin' drive thru line for the Chick-fil-A's.  Now folks, Chicks is solid fast food.  Right up there with the best of em'.  And the ones we have here are like mad houses.  I avoid them any time around lunch.  But I will be gawt dammed if I'm going to wait that long on a fast food chicken sammich and some waffle fries.

But what's your go-to, fast food burger joint?  How about chicken?

I'm not sure if 5 Guys qualifies as a pure, fast food joint.  I kind of think you need a drive thru to qualify, but if it does, they're sitting up top on my list.  You can laugh all you want, but if it's hot off the grill and the fries are fresh and dusted just right with the sodium....a McDonald's Quarter Pounder with Cheese is an easy top 3 for me.

As for chicken, laugh again but I've yet to find a fast food piece of bird that beats a KFC Original Recipe Breastesses.  I'll hit em' up for just one, juicy breast and be happy as a clam.  Right behind them is Zaxby's.  And yes, I'd rather have a Big Zax Snack with their seasoned fries and that lush-us dipping sauce than I would anything at Chick-Fil-A.

Who ya' got?

« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 05:56:13 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: Putcher Fast Food Here
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 09:08:38 PM »
I'm partial to Foosackly's with Foo Sauce. Of course, Chik-fil-a is great too. I do love the 2 for $5 Big Mac or Quarterpounder with cheese. Back in my pot-smoking days, I would love to get the McRib for late-night munchies. These days, I see food as a source of energy rather than enjoyment. So, Subway works sometimes too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 09:36:49 PM »
Agree with the Mickey Ds. Just need to add two of those nice 1 dollar greasy double cheese burgers. Also love a Wendy's double cheese or spicy chicken with all the fixings. Including a nice juicy slice of mater. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 10:49:42 AM »
Whataburger is my favorite fast food burger.  Like Snags, I tried In-N-Out while in Arizona and it was just kinda blah.  I've been told that I ordered wrong, but hell they way they told me I should have ordered wasn't on the menu.

Chicken sandwich, Chik-Fil-A however I avoid them during the rush hours.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 01:02:39 PM »
The El Don taco truck at the corner of Bells Ferry and Eagle Drive. $1.25 tacos el pastor!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

bgreene

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 03:28:02 PM »
I love the Whataburger, but since I don't live in Birmingham normally (I do for now with my daughter at children's), so the best chain fast-food burger for me is Hardee's the quaterpounder at BK is next.  Chik-fil-a, best chicken.  Now there is a local drive-in style place where I live that dates back to those days, called The Big Chief.  The.Best.Burgers!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2019, 04:51:46 PM »
In and Out Burger has cocaine in it.  

It’s not that good, really, but i find myself craving it.  When I know I’m going out west i think about it every day.  I get giddy when I see the sign.  And then...  it’s over.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2019, 04:55:40 PM »
Hardee's is underrated.  The problem for me is it seemed like they were introducing some new, double anus burger every week.  Just stick to what you do and do it well.  Recently, my son got one of their triple party burgers.  I took a couple of bites and damn.  Mighty fine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2019, 02:54:40 PM »
I would say that I have eaten.....probably rabbit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2019, 03:29:02 PM »
I love me some Jesus chicken.  I guess that makes me a misogynistic racist like Trump.  I am also a big fan of Guthries when I just want their fingers.

Whataburger and 5 Guys have probably the best "fast food" hamburgers on the planet.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2019, 03:40:20 PM »
Wait Ostrich...I've eaten Ostrich
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2019, 03:42:55 PM »
I love me some Jesus chicken.  I guess that makes me a misogynistic racist like Trump.  I am also a big fan of Guthries when I just want their fingers.

Whataburger and 5 Guys have probably the best "fast food" hamburgers on the planet.
I just haven't had enough Whataburgers to say either way.  We don't have one here in the Wiregrass so the only time I get one is if we stop there on the way to the beach.  But I have to say, those that love em' are loyal followers.

On the chicken dealio, one place I don't get is Bojangles.  I've tried their chicken 4 or 5 times and it does nothing for me.  Now Popeyes...that's a pretty dang skippy piece of bird.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2019, 03:47:02 PM »
Popeyes.  I could eat that every single meal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2019, 03:59:25 PM »
Between Popeyes and KFC, I'll order just one breastesses and a sweet tea.  Sit down and strip that thing down to the marrow. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2019, 04:12:49 PM »
Stay away from the chicken.  Mess you up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2019, 04:16:57 PM »
That's because you are weak.  You can't handle the delicious goodness of Popeyes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2019, 04:22:55 PM »
That's because you are weak.  You can't handle the delicious goodness of Popeyes.
I do like some spicy chicken strips from Pp.  The local establishment messed up and made us wait literally 30-40 minutes to get our food in the drive through.  I vowed to never eat there again.  My wife on the other hand trumped that declaration.  So now I have to go but I make her order and pay!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2019, 04:24:20 PM »
That's not gonna be good for business
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2019, 04:26:15 PM »
Image result for love that chicken from popeyes gif
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2019, 04:49:44 PM »
Fried chicken?  Jacks.  Hands down. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.