Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Things I Am Sick Of In Sports

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Things I Am Sick Of In Sports
« on: July 02, 2019, 09:42:44 AM »
1. Every single national sports show speculating 24/7 where Kawhi Leonard will sign.

Carry on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Things I Am Sick Of In Sports
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 09:44:51 AM »
I wonder what Nick Saban thinks about that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 09:50:21 AM »
I wonder what Nick Saban thinks about that?
al.com should have something up on that shortly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 10:00:49 AM »
From Sunday night up until he signs, he Is probably the most powerful person in the nba. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 10:10:59 AM »
From Sunday night up until he signs, he Is probably the most powerful person in the nba.
I've never seen it like this. I understand it's a huge year for free agency and the landscape is changing in the league.  But the countdown shows and oversaturation of analysis is becoming annoying as hell. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 10:13:14 AM »
Unless he signs with Golden State, it's going to be the Nets and the Lakers in the finals next season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 10:27:42 AM »
Speaking of the NBA, the whole Kevin Durant injury deal is a microcosm of where we are in sports as a whole.  Not pointing a finger at Durant at all, in fact, he did exactly what I expect 99% of all athletes to do.  For those that didn't follow, KD strained a calf early in the playoffs.  (Definitely a misdiagnosis since KD doesn't have any calves)  He was out about a month and after rehab, running all the tests and being cleared by doctors, after practicing and testing it out and feeling ready to go....he played.  Unfortunately, he ruptures an Achilles first game.  Bad injury and out for quite a while.

My problem was the debate before and after about whether or not he should play, based solely on the fact that as soon as the playoffs were over, he's a free agent and set to sign a "Max deal". I heard numerous people like Reggie Miller and Charles Barkley questioning the decision to play and risk injury.  To his credit, KD felt ready to go, so he did.  But those that were questioning that decision, and there were many, were basically saying Durant should have gone to his teammates and to the organization paying him $30 million to play basketball, and tell them, "Everything checks out and I feel good and I'm ready to step back on the court.....buuuuut, I'ma sit this out because I'm about to make a lot more money.  You guys are on your own.  Have fun out there."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 02:08:31 PM »
Let this sink in. NBA teams committed 38 billion dollars to pay these guys just yesterday. Wonder what Kawhi will get? Pity the oppressed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2019, 03:09:53 PM »
Let this sink in. NBA teams committed 38 billion dollars to pay these guys just yesterday. Wonder what Kawhi will get? Pity the oppressed.
It's the violence inherent in the system. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2019, 03:25:57 PM »
Might want to move that decimal over one little spot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2019, 08:29:20 AM »
It's the violence inherent in the system.
I didn't vote for you
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2019, 08:50:21 AM »
I didn't vote for you
#NotMyGodfather ?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2019, 12:37:31 PM »
Back to the original theme.  

I'm sick of women's fucking soccer.  I think our women's team is a bunch of arrogant, classless dyke whores. 

Fuck them and I hope they lose.  Bigly.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2019, 01:24:20 PM »
I didn't vote for you
Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2019, 03:02:26 PM »
Back to the original theme. 

I'm sick of women's fudgeing soccer.  I think our women's team is a bunch of arrogant, classless dyke whores.

fudge them and I hope they lose.  Bigly. 
They try the celebration shit in any of the 4 major sports, someone is getting hurt.  And I love the people defending this.  "If this were the NFL you wouldn't mind."  Uhhh, the NFL fines you and penalizes you for taunting.  And in baseball, you're catching a fastball in the lower back next time you come to the plate.

I have no problem with them running the score up.  But the choreographed celebration when they went up 9-0 on Thailand should have been dealt with by the Thai players.

Alex Morgan's tea sipping yesterday should have been dealt with the same way that Terrell Owens celebrating on the Dallas Cowboy star at midfield was.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2019, 03:25:07 PM »
They try the celebration shit in any of the 4 major sports, someone is getting hurt.  And I love the people defending this.  "If this were the NFL you wouldn't mind."  Uhhh, the NFL fines you and penalizes you for taunting.  And in baseball, you're catching a fastball in the lower back next time you come to the plate.

I have no problem with them running the score up.  But the choreographed celebration when they went up 9-0 on Thailand should have been dealt with by the Thai players.

Alex Morgan's tea sipping yesterday should have been dealt with the same way that Terrell Owens celebrating on the Dallas Cowboy star at midfield was.

YES, IN THE FACE

Image result for coming to america images
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2019, 10:07:04 AM »
Buncha sourpatch senior citizens.

The ladies' team rocks.  If they were men you'd be waving flags and talking about the Spurrier response to running up the score.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2019, 10:51:22 AM »

The ladies' team rocks.  If they were men you'd be waving flags and talking about the Spurrier response to running up the score.
If any of Spurriers players had taunted the other team after going up 70 in a choreographed dance routine, Spurrier would have benched them.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2019, 05:53:13 PM »

Nope.  

I’d hate them too. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2019, 07:20:50 AM »
"Think of all the good they could do, all the problems they could solve if the government just took that money instead." - Bernie Sanders, probably
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg