Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Urban going down in flames? - Yep

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Urban going down in flames?
« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2018, 05:17:08 PM »
Aaaannnd just like that, I think we can close the books on this one.  But, it was fun for 6-7 pages.

How about some Auburn football?
I like it
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2018, 05:24:46 PM »
I call it "Celebration." It's sexual and violent. I thought you might like it.
The painting was a gift, Todd, and I'm keeping it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

wesfau2

« Reply #142 on: August 03, 2018, 05:27:51 PM »
Aaaannnd just like that, I think we can close the books on this one.  But, it was fun for 6-7 pages.

How about some Auburn football?
I don't see it as closed at all.  If he had reported the most recent incident, as he says, then OSU could have simply come out and said, "Coach Meyer followed established protocol, made the appropriate administration officials aware of the allegations and we have initiated an investigation."

Instead, in spite of Urb's statement, they seem to be saying, "Whoa...first we heard of this and we took Coach at his word when he denied knowledge."

I still think he's fucked. 

Or...as said better on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/karenehowell/status/1025494447524655104
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 05:56:39 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #143 on: August 03, 2018, 05:45:16 PM »
"Intimate violence" seems to cover it and Smith is/was a "faculty member."
Wasn’t in connection with a university event.  

Am i am I the only one with a law degree around here? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

« Reply #144 on: August 03, 2018, 05:52:52 PM »
Wasn’t in connection with a university event. 

Am i am I the only one with a law degree around here?
I disagree with that interpretation (of course.)

"Intimate violence" (which sounds like a broadening of DV to encompass non-cohabitating partners) can't be perpetrated in public.  If I beat my wife at Wal-Mart...or an OSU bbq, I'm catching an assault charge rather than DV.  I think the DA could bring the higher charge, but the lesser included is the likely case.

Whither JRAU?

Also, that isn't the hill that OSU is gonna die on.  They aren't splitting hairs about where the (alleged) violence occurred.  
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 05:54:27 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #145 on: August 03, 2018, 06:18:13 PM »
I disagree with that interpretation (of course.)

"Intimate violence" (which sounds like a broadening of DV to encompass non-cohabitating partners) can't be perpetrated in public.  If I beat my wife at Wal-Mart...or an OSU bbq, I'm catching an assault charge rather than DV.  I think the DA could bring the higher charge, but the lesser included is the likely case.

Whither JRAU?

Also, that isn't the hill that OSU is gonna die on.  They aren't splitting hairs about where the (alleged) violence occurred. 
If anything gets him it won’t be Title IX.  

Your barn-broad interpretation aside, I think you’ll be hard pressed to find a judge willing to make that much taffy out of the rule. 

They may burn him for any number of reasons but I’m willing to bet it won’t be Title IX

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #146 on: August 03, 2018, 10:14:59 PM »
I do tend to think it's pretty much put to bed.  Meyer is the face of the program.  He didn't release that statement without full administrative approval.  I see them finding some scapegoat deep within administration, paying him/her under the table and sending said scapegoat packing.

Damn it, Coach Meyer reported it to Mr. X, and Mr. X didn't follow procedure, didn't act on it...whatever.  We have parted ways with Mr. X, but not before a stern lecture and tersely worded separation letter.  In addition, we are conducting intense seminars with our staff on how to handle any potential future situations.  We are ready to move forward.  Who is the first opponent on the schedule? 
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 10:16:41 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #147 on: August 03, 2018, 10:44:49 PM »
I do tend to think it's pretty much put to bed.  Meyer is the face of the program.  He didn't release that statement without full administrative approval.  I see them finding some scapegoat deep within administration, paying him/her under the table and sending said scapegoat packing.

Damn it, Coach Meyer reported it to Mr. X, and Mr. X didn't follow procedure, didn't act on it...whatever.  We have parted ways with Mr. X, but not before a stern lecture and tersely worded separation letter.  In addition, we are conducting intense seminars with our staff on how to handle any potential future situations.  We are ready to move forward.  Who is the first opponent on the schedule?
He essentially threw his AD and the entire OSU administration under the bus.

No way he survives this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #148 on: August 03, 2018, 10:53:16 PM »
He essentially threw his AD and the entire OSU administration under the bus.

No way he survives this.
Totally orchestrated.  Again, the administration will admit to a fuck up in the chain of command and pay off someone under the table.  Make that person the scapegoat and move on.

Remember, the public doesn't give a shit that this woman got her ass beat.  They want a Meyer scandal.  Meyer admitted to the lesser offense of "not being truthful" with the press.  The administration will admit to some shortcomings in the process and promise to do better in the future. End of story. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #149 on: August 03, 2018, 10:58:52 PM »
Now, having said that, I think back to the beloved Tressell getting fired for next to NADA.  That shit should have been a slap on the wrist and move on.  (It would have been at Bama)  We'll see.  But my money is on the "We need to do better" scenario and Meyer continues on.  Part of his letter/statement was that he would address these things publically at a later date, after the University had completed its investigation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #150 on: August 03, 2018, 11:06:23 PM »
Now, having said that, I think back to the beloved Tressell getting fired for next to NADA.  That shit should have been a slap on the wrist and move on.  (It would have been at Bama)  We'll see.  But my money is on the "We need to do better" scenario and Meyer continues on.  Part of his letter/statement was that he would address these things publically at a later date, after the University had completed its investigation.
Tressell got hung for far lesser offenses in a less hostile time.  Urb is gonna feel the wrath.  Nothing was "orchestrated."  OSU wouldn't dance that way to take this PR hit.  They have their nuts in the fire already with Jim Jordan and they will not brook another fucking "athlete" dragging their school.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2018, 12:43:45 AM »
Tressell got hung for far lesser offenses in a less hostile time.  Urb is gonna feel the wrath.  Nothing was "orchestrated."  OSU wouldn't dance that way to take this PR hit.  They have their nuts in the fire already with Jim Jordan and they will not brook another fucking "athlete" dragging their school.
I still say orchestrated.  The media and public wanted Meyer's head on a platter.  With that statement, they didn't get it. Well, who did he report it to?  Nobody fucking cares at this point.  They'll say mistakes were made and we'll correct it. Mea culpa. 

Playoffs, baby.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2018, 06:37:22 AM »
Bet these will be even more popular

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #153 on: August 05, 2018, 12:12:28 PM »
I’ve watched this over the last few days.  There is one thing I can tell you for sure. 

Brett McMurphy is infatuated with Courtney.  Maybe he wants her.  Maybe he feels sorry for her.  But there’s something odd there.  

He’s driving the bus that’s running over Meyer and he’s got his foot on the gas.  

He’s behind every release so far.  Today he’s writing about polls he’s taken of ADs as to whether Meyer will be fired.  

He wants to destroy Meyer. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #154 on: August 05, 2018, 06:55:13 PM »
I’ve watched this over the last few days.  There is one thing I can tell you for sure.

Brett McMurphy is infatuated with Courtney.  Maybe he wants her.  Maybe he feels sorry for her.  But there’s something odd there. 

He’s driving the bus that’s running over Meyer and he’s got his foot on the gas. 

He’s behind every release so far.  Today he’s writing about polls he’s taken of ADs as to whether Meyer will be fired. 

He wants to destroy Meyer.
There are some that just seem infatuated with it despite the actual facts. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #155 on: August 06, 2018, 09:47:52 AM »
Bet these will be even more popular

Especially at Michigan
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #156 on: August 06, 2018, 10:58:48 AM »
All this talk of intimate violence has made me hard.  Hold me Sani.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #157 on: August 06, 2018, 11:15:34 AM »
All this talk of intimate violence has made me hard.  Hold me Sani.
All the naughtie ways
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #158 on: August 18, 2018, 09:34:23 AM »
Courtney Smith is definitely banging McMurphy.  

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/08/ex-ohio_state_assistant_zach_s.html

This goes way beyond news and deep dives into vendetta. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #159 on: August 18, 2018, 10:12:07 PM »

And after all that info - McMurphy now seems like the more creepy of the two. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE