Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Urban going down in flames? - Yep

bgreene

Re: Urban going down in flames?
« Reply #120 on: August 03, 2018, 12:52:12 PM »
The piling on begins:

http://larrybrownsports.com/college-football/allegations-player-mistreatment-urban-meyer/457990
All that says to me is that the "entitled" generation needs to stop being a bunch of candies!!! These chumps didn't make it to be a superstar and are probably getting a few bucks for their comments.  I don't like the guy but this is a witch hunt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #121 on: August 03, 2018, 01:15:36 PM »
Can't compare them, not even close.  Only in the fact that both Head Coaches claim they knew nothing and there is some proof that they might have but maybe not.

Nature of the crime does make a difference.  Kids are not able to defend themselves, kids are not able to make decisions like adults. Abusing a kid sexually or otherwise is illegal.  Beating your wife, if she doesn't press charges, is not. 

Totally....totally polar opposite offenses. 

If Joe Pa knew kids were being raped on campus, in his complex, and did nothing should be fired. NOT A QUESTION.  Hell he should be put in jail.

Assuming Title IX doesn't apply, which I no longer see how it does.  If Meyer knew that Smith was abusing his wife, and it didn't happen in the complex, or in front of him and she doesn't press charges...I don't see how he is liable.  Lie or not

Perception is not a fireable offense
Absolutely the same.  Makes no difference how you perceive the crime or where it happened.  Raping boys and beating the hell out of your wife are both serious in their own right. The key here is that Meyer and every head coach out there have a duty to report to their superiors when they either know or have reason to believe the people they hired are doing bad shit.  And what's going on at tOSU is exactly the reason why. 

I'm not talking about the argument of whether firing Smith would help or hurt him or his home life.  I'm talking about the sole issue in this entire situation.  Cut through all the moral BS for a second.  What tOSU and every University out there wants to avoid is, "One of your employees was doing (Insert whatever...fucking boys, beating wives, selling meth), you found out about it and did NOTHING!!!  The face of your program knew it and kept him employed."

This is not about Meyer's liability to anyone other than the bosses stroking him a check for $8 large a year. I totally get all the moral arguments made.  His loyalty to his long time friend and employee, yada yada yada.  But the administration and boosters paying those millions don't give two fiddly fucks about that. They don't want ESPN running stories 24/7, Paul Finebaum calling Meyer a fraud, the public claiming tOSU's head coach condones wife beating.  They want the face of their program, the guy they're paying those millions to, to come to them and say, "Look, I think one of my guys has a problem with...."  Then, they can investigate whatever the situation may be and determine if they need to get someone help, fire em' or find out there was nothing to it.

Meyer may be completely exonerated.  At this point, I kind of hope he is.  But the one and only issue here is that he's on administrative leave because either his bosses know he knew about it, or simply because public perception, right or wrong, is that Urban Meyer knew one of his coaches was beating his wife and did nothing. You can be as loyal to your friends as you want to be.  But when he took this position, this money and this responsibility to the University and its boosters and fans, he had to understand that loyalty could possibly come with a price.    
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #122 on: August 03, 2018, 01:21:36 PM »
But the one and only issue here is that he's on administrative leave because either his bosses know he knew about it, or simply because public perception, right or wrong, is that Urban Meyer knew one of his coaches was beating his wife and did nothing. You can be as loyal to your friends as you want to be.  But when he took this position, this money and this responsibility to the University and its boosters and fans, he had to understand that loyalty could possibly come with a price.   
He's on leave because liberals are scared shitless of SJWs. And attitudes like yours are helping feed that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2018, 01:29:18 PM »
He's on leave because liberals are scared shitless of SJWs. And attitudes like yours are helping feed that.

Hey hey now. The man cares. I know this for fact. He told a random guy at the chow king he did. Right after he slipped on a wet floor next to the egg drop soup. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2018, 01:32:35 PM »

Still, I'm 100% certain Urban, or any coach for that matter, has an obligation to report that one of his hires has allegedly been beating the hell out of his wife...again.

Take any title IX out of the equation for a min and ask would this apply to someone in the private sector. Does my boss have to run tell dat if he hears a rumor I may have gotten a little too rough with the old lady during an argument?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2018, 01:34:11 PM »
What attitude?  You know full well that a mega program like OSU wants to rock on, cheat at recruiting, put 100K fannies in the stands, generate $150-$200 million a year and not have "scandals" like this dominating the headlines. The power brokers don't give a shit if the guy beat his wife or not. They just want to be able to say, "We heard about a potential problem, acted swiftly and took the appropriate action."  End of story. But that's not the case here.  Instead, they're in damage control mode.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #126 on: August 03, 2018, 01:34:48 PM »
Is it too much to ask that someone have nudes of this woman?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #127 on: August 03, 2018, 01:43:39 PM »
Is it too much to ask that someone have nudes of this woman?
With or without the choke marks?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #128 on: August 03, 2018, 01:45:16 PM »
What attitude?  You know full well that a mega program like OSU wants to rock on, cheat at recruiting, put 100K fannies in the stands, generate $150-$200 million a year and not have "scandals" like this dominating the headlines. The power brokers don't give a shit if the guy beat his wife or not. They just want to be able to say, "We heard about a potential problem, acted swiftly and took the appropriate action."  End of story. But that's not the case here.  Instead, they're in damage control mode.
Agree with you dude. On the perception piece. There is enormous pc culture pressure now.

But beyond that has the dude done anything wrong other than tell a lie to the media about knowing? Frankly I don't give two shits about the media. But that's just me. Again not saying the dude is 100% clean and innocent. Just saying it ain't the full blown circus and HUGE scandal they've made it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #129 on: August 03, 2018, 02:33:03 PM »
With or without the choke marks?
Supply both....I'll determine what is hawt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #130 on: August 03, 2018, 03:01:20 PM »

Haha.....not really I just had my mind changed is all.  I am open to listening and learning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #131 on: August 03, 2018, 03:22:53 PM »
Haha.....not really I just had my mind changed is all.  I am open to listening and learning.
I'm just glad you got the reference. Some of these people on here cannot connect the dots...even with numbers!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2018, 03:30:41 PM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2018/08/01/ohio-state-coach-urban-meyers-amended-contract-could-pose-problem/885020002/

To the section covering Meyer’s specific duties and responsibilities, a provision was added that reads in part: "Coach shall promptly report to Ohio State’s Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Athletics any known violations of Ohio State’s Sexual Misconduct Policy (including, but not limited to, sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual exploitation, intimate violence and stalking) that involve any student, faculty, or staff that is in connection with a university sponsored activity or event."

For the purposes of this provision, the contract states, "a 'known violation' shall mean a violation or an allegation of a violation of Title IX that Coach is aware of or has reasonable cause to believe is taking place or may have taken place."

To the section covering reasons for termination for cause, a provision was added that states Meyer’s contract can be terminated if he fails to promptly report to the university’s deputy Title IX coordinator-athletics or the university’s Title IX coordinator "any known violations of Ohio State’s Sexual Misconduct Policy (including, but not limited to, sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual exploitation, intimate violence and stalking) that involve any student, faculty, or staff that is in connection with a university sponsored activity or event."

This new provision also states that: "It is recognized that this subsection" pertaining to grounds under which Meyer can be terminated for cause "encompasses findings or determinations of violations during employment of Coach at Ohio State or any other institution of higher learning."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

« Reply #133 on: August 03, 2018, 03:46:39 PM »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2018/08/01/ohio-state-coach-urban-meyers-amended-contract-could-pose-problem/885020002/

To the section covering Meyer’s specific duties and responsibilities, a provision was added that reads in part: "Coach shall promptly report to Ohio State’s Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Athletics any known violations of Ohio State’s Sexual Misconduct Policy (including, but not limited to, sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual exploitation, intimate violence and stalking) that involve any student, faculty, or staff that is in connection with a university sponsored activity or event."

For the purposes of this provision, the contract states, "a 'known violation' shall mean a violation or an allegation of a violation of Title IX that Coach is aware of or has reasonable cause to believe is taking place or may have taken place."

To the section covering reasons for termination for cause, a provision was added that states Meyer’s contract can be terminated if he fails to promptly report to the university’s deputy Title IX coordinator-athletics or the university’s Title IX coordinator "any known violations of Ohio State’s Sexual Misconduct Policy (including, but not limited to, sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual exploitation, intimate violence and stalking) that involve any student, faculty, or staff that is in connection with a university sponsored activity or event."

This new provision also states that: "It is recognized that this subsection" pertaining to grounds under which Meyer can be terminated for cause "encompasses findings or determinations of violations during employment of Coach at Ohio State or any other institution of higher learning."

Was sexual misconduct what was alleged? Or was it simply assault, domestic violence, etc. sexual misconduct is very specific. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #134 on: August 03, 2018, 03:58:25 PM »
"Intimate violence" seems to cover it and Smith is/was a "faculty member."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #135 on: August 03, 2018, 04:07:07 PM »
Wes = #herecomestheboom
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #136 on: August 03, 2018, 04:19:05 PM »
"Intimate violence" seems to cover it and Smith is/was a "faculty member."
I call it "Celebration." It's sexual and violent. I thought you might like it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #137 on: August 03, 2018, 04:53:14 PM »
Meyer made his first public statement.  Admits he lied to the press at Big 10 Media Days.  Said he did in fact have knowledge of the incidents and that he did report it through the proper chain of command. 

Things just changed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #138 on: August 03, 2018, 05:06:50 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #139 on: August 03, 2018, 05:12:10 PM »
Aaaannnd just like that, I think we can close the books on this one.  But, it was fun for 6-7 pages.

How about some Auburn football?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions