Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Sittin' Here At The....

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Sittin' Here At The....
« on: April 18, 2018, 02:50:09 PM »
Flora Bama.  Well, not yet.  Since it's a slow ass day and the only people posting are the Ruskies, give me some damn fine beach hang outs.  I am going to Gulf Shores for a wedding this weekend and have finally decided to check out the Flora Bama.  Been to it but didn't go in many, many much years ago.  I'm at the complete opposite end of the State so Gulf Shores is just not a destination for us with Panty Bra City and Destin being so close. I know it's got a reputation, whether good or bad, but it looks like the quintessential dive bar to me. 

Who has been?  For any beach peeps, what's your kick ass dive bar/grill/restaurant?  I love recommendations.  We were taking a cruise a couple of years ago with my daughter with one of the stops being Jamaica.  One of you degenerates recommended an open air restaurant 10-15 miles outside the port.  I took that recommendation and it was one of the coolest places I've ever been.  Warm weather may finally be here.  Talk to me, Goose.    
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Sittin' Here At The....
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 02:58:40 PM »
Cobalt is my favorite place down there since the day Zeke's closed.
It's at the Caribe and the food is delicious! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 03:00:56 PM »
Cobalt is my favorite place down there since the day Zeke's closed.
It's at the Caribe and the food is delicious!
What's the Caribe?  I know it's also a delicious lager.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 03:02:14 PM »
What's the Caribe?  I know it's also a delicious lager.
It's the resort that's on the bay side right as you get to the Intercoastal Waterway bridge.  If you leave the Flora-Bama and head west, it's like 2 minutes away.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 03:05:26 PM »
It's the resort that's on the bay side right as you get to the Intercoastal Waterway bridge.  If you leave the Flora-Bama and head west, it's like 2 minutes away.
Cool.  Seafood?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 03:14:34 PM »
Cool.  Seafood?
Yes, and steaks I believe.  Their Yellowfin Tuna is the best I have found at teh beaches and they serve it over Hoppin John that is delicious itself. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 03:19:01 PM »
https://mikeesseafood.com/menu/

cobalt pretty good. No capt andersons imo. Mikees is local and not a tourist trap, although it stays full. Good seafood, last time I ate there anyway. Been a long time.

If you want to venture into Prichard, K can give you some suggestions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 03:20:35 PM »
Spent last week in PCB. Hunt's oyster bar is the best! Oysters are killing me at $9.99/DOZ!

Spent the previous weekend in Daytona. The KSU all girls competition cheer team won the NCA national championship in the intermediate division. CCTAUETTE gets a ring!

Daytona (my first time there) reminded me of PCB back in the eighties. I thought it would be bigger!

Good luck at the Florabama. Get your row tahd ready!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 03:28:41 PM »
Spent last week in PCB. Hunt's oyster bar is the best! Oysters are killing me at $9.99/DOZ!

Spent the previous weekend in Daytona. The KSU all girls competition cheer team won the NCA national championship in the intermediate division. CCTAUETTE gets a ring!

Daytona (my first time there) reminded me of PCB back in the eighties. I thought it would be bigger!

Good luck at the Florabama. Get your row tahd ready!
I'm assuming that's a branch of the original Hunt's Oyster Bar here in Dothan.  Speaking of dives.  I actually owe WT/Vlad a couple of dozen there if he'd ever drive his happy ass back to the Circle City. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 03:30:40 PM »
I'm assuming that's a branch of the original Hunt's Oyster Bar here in Dothan.  Speaking of dives.  I actually owe WT/Vlad a couple of dozen there if he'd ever drive his happy ass back to the Circle City.
I do not know WT but not same Hunts family. But excellent oyster as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 03:38:19 PM »
On the seafood dive note, who hasn't eaten at Red Bar in Grayton Beach?  One of my favorite things evah, is taking a half day fishing trip, putting in right behind Red Bar.  Come in at lunch and grab a blackened mahi sammich, fries and a couple of cold IPA's while the Captain cleans your fish.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2018, 03:44:37 PM »
On the seafood dive note, who hasn't eaten at Red Bar in Grayton Beach?  One of my favorite things evah, is taking a half day fishing trip, putting in right behind Red Bar.  Come in at lunch and grab a blackened mahi sammich, fries and a couple of cold IPA's while the Captain cleans your fish.
Who wouldn’t like it when the captain cleans their fish?
But doesn’t that kind of sound gay? Is it just me?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2018, 03:45:29 PM »
Yes!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2018, 03:58:10 PM »
Cleans your fish is code for blow job.  Your wife knows this.
Damn it, when are we going to get a mic drop emoji thingy around here?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2018, 04:00:49 PM »
Cleans your fish is code for blow job.  Your wife knows this.
Damn it, when are we going to get a mic drop emoji thingy around here?
I honestly do not think that she is aware of this. Wait...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2018, 04:29:24 PM »
https://mikeesseafood.com/menu/

cobalt pretty good. No capt andersons imo. Mikees is local and not a tourist trap, although it stays full. Good seafood, last time I ate there anyway. Been a long time.

If you want to venture into Prichard, K can give you some suggestions.
Captain Andersons is straight trash.  The Captain's Table is the place to be in PCB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2018, 04:33:41 PM »
I was asked to leave the Flora Bama once back in the 80s.  Jimmy Buffett was there.  I'm sure he was.  He didn't appreciate me trying to drag him on stage or my demanding that he sing Margaritaville.  The bar security was not impressed that I had discovered Jimmy Buffett sitting at the bar.  They weren't in agreement with my plans to force the guy to sing.  I was insistent. I even offered to buy Jimmy Buffett a drink if he'd just quit being an asshole and get up on the stage.  I really didn't know a little bar could have that many security guys.  When I felt threatened I grabbed a pool cue just as a precautionary measure.  I was asked to leave in a very direct manner at that point.  They kept one of my shoes when it came off as I was landing in the parking lot.  I assumed because they wanted me to reclaim it at some point so they could apologize for the way they had treated me in front of Jimmy Buffett. But I didn't want their apologies.  I've only gone back once since then.  I didn't use a credit card just in case my name was on some apology list.  It smelled and the people were ugly when I went back.  I don't know why Jimmy Buffett was in there in the first place. I think it's probably because I drunkenly accosted some random guy who wasn't Jimmy Buffett. 

As for food, I'm going to have to STRONGLY disagree with the Cobalt recommendation.  The food is way overpriced and the two times I've gone it really wasn't that good.  I've taken it completely off the list and won't ever eat there again.  

I can, however, vouch for Lunas.  Much less expensive, casual atmosphere.  The stuffed grouper I got there was one of the best entrees I've ever had in the Gulf Shores area.  Cosmos, which is right next door, also has a really good menu.  If you're looking for crap food get the crablegs at Steamers in Gulf Shores.  But don't drop the cash at Cobalt.  Blech!

So far as brunch goes I've done Another Broken Egg, Ruby Slipper, and Brick and Spoon.  And that's the order of quality.  ABE and Slipper are really equal but I found B&S to be a notch below.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2018, 04:33:50 PM »
Captain Andersons is straight trash.  The Captain's Table is the place to be in PCB.
Captain's Tapble, yes.
Captain Anderson's trash? Have you been drinking this early? Are you on crack again?
Wait, what? Admittedly, it's been a few years. But I've probably eaten there 15 times. Maybe more. Each one was great.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2018, 04:38:32 PM »
I was asked to leave the Flora Bama once back in the 80s.  Jimmy Buffett was there.  I'm sure he was.  He didn't appreciate me trying to drag him on stage or my demanding that he sing Margaritaville.  The bar security was not impressed that I had discovered Jimmy Buffett sitting at the bar.  They weren't in agreement with my plans to force the guy to sing.  I was insistent. I even offered to buy Jimmy Buffett a drink if he'd just quit being an asshole and get up on the stage.  I really didn't know a little bar could have that many security guys.  When I felt threatened I grabbed a pool cue just as a precautionary measure.  I was asked to leave in a very direct manner at that point.  They kept one of my shoes when it came off as I was landing in the parking lot.  I assumed because they wanted me to reclaim it at some point so they could apologize for the way they had treated me in front of Jimmy Buffett. But I didn't want their apologies.  I've only gone back once since then.  I didn't use a credit card just in case my name was on some apology list.  It smelled and the people were ugly when I went back.  I don't know why Jimmy Buffett was in there in the first place. I think it's probably because I drunkenly accosted some random guy who wasn't Jimmy Buffett.

As for food, I'm going to have to STRONGLY disagree with the Cobalt recommendation.  The food is way overpriced and the two times I've gone it really wasn't that good.  I've taken it completely off the list and won't ever eat there again.  

I can, however, vouch for Lunas.  Much less expensive, casual atmosphere.  The stuffed grouper I got there was one of the best entrees I've ever had in the Gulf Shores area.  Cosmos, which is right next door, also has a really good menu.  If you're looking for crap food get the crablegs at Steamers in Gulf Shores.  But don't drop the cash at Cobalt.  Blech!

So far as brunch goes I've done Another Broken Egg, Ruby Slipper, and Brick and Spoon.  And that's the order of quality.  ABE and Slipper are really equal but I found B&S to be a notch below.  
Agreed.
Another thing, Buzz is on drugs again. And he has no idea re good food anymore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2018, 04:39:14 PM »
I can eat at Another Broken Egg or Donut Hole about once every two years when on vacation.  And it has to be on the last day because both of those put soooooo much food on you that I have to roll myself out of there and don't feel like eating for 2-3 days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions