Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Difference in perspective

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Difference in perspective
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2018, 09:01:33 PM »
We've discovered Sasquatch the Loch Ness Unicorn.

K and I are in almost total agreement in this political post.

Troof.  That's where I'm at myself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2018, 09:19:48 PM »
So, tighten up gun laws on AR-15s, assault rifles, or anything similar?

I'm all for the 2nd Amendment and everything, but a few people I know very well could arm a militia with what they have...I think that's a bit much. Then again, those friends have never once acted like the self entitled, spoiled brat, Teletubby kids do today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2018, 09:53:25 PM »
So, tighten up gun laws on AR-15s, assault rifles, or anything similar?

I'm all for the 2nd Amendment and everything, but a few people I know very well could arm a militia with what they have...I think that's a bit much. Then again, those friends have never once acted like the self entitled, spoiled brat, Teletubby kids do today.

Again.  Great points. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2018, 11:00:59 PM »
We've discovered Sasquatch the Loch Ness Unicorn.

K and I are in almost total agreement in this political post.
He probably just wants to get into your pants. He’ll say whatever you want to hear. Even join #resist, I imagine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2018, 11:55:33 PM »
Updated to list a few details about each:

02/14/18 - Marjory Stoneman Douglas HS Parkland, FL - A 19-year-old former student entered Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School and opened fire, killing 17 and injuring multiple others. The school was put into lockdown. The incident has been ranked as one of the top 10 deadliest mass shootings in modern U.S. history.

02/08/18 - The Metropolitan HS New York, NY. - A 17 year-old student fired a gun, hitting the floor of a classroom at Metropolitan High School. Police took the student in custody, but no injuries were reported, ABC7 reported.

02/05/18 - Oxon Hill HS Oxon Hill, MD. - An Oxon Hill High School junior was shot twice in a school parking lot, during what police say was an attempted robbery. The 17-year-old later recovered. The shooting took place on school grounds, but after school hours, AP reported.

02/05/18 - Harmony Learning Center Maplewood, MN. - a third-grader pressed the trigger on a school liaison officer's gun. The weapon discharged and hit the floor -- no injuries were reported.

02/01/18 - Salvador B. Castro Middle School Los Angeles, CA. - A 12-year-old student at Salvador B. Castro Middle School was charged with negligent discharge of a firearm after a semi-automatic rifle she brought to school went off. Four students were injured, and the school was placed on lockdown for several hours, USA Today reported.

01/31/18 - Lincoln HS Philadelphia, PA. - A 32-year-old man was shot and killed outside of Lincoln High School during a basketball game. Police responded to reports of a fight, and said at least three different weapons were discharged. The school was put into lockdown, according to the AP.

01/26/18 - Dearborn HS Dearborn, MI - A fight broke out during a basketball game at Dearborn High School. School officials removed the two persons involved, who were not students. Shots were later fired in the parking lot, but no injuries were reported, according to WXYZ Detroit.

01/25/18 - Murphy HS Mobile, AL -  A disagreement between two 16-year-old students at Murphy High School escalated when one of them pulled out a handgun. The student with the handgun then fled school administrators, who tried to calm him, firing four or five times into the air. Nobody was injured, according to Fox 10. The suspect was taken into custody and charged for multiple offenses, including possession of a weapon on school property.

01/23/18 - Marshall County HS Benton, KY. - A 15-year-old student brought a handgun to Marshall County High School and opened fire in the school's atrium, leaving two dead and 17 injured, the Associated Press reported.

01/22/18 - The NET Charter HS Gentilly, LA. - An unknown person in a pickup truck drove past The NET Charter High School and fired shots at students standing in the campus parking lot. One boy was injured, but not by gunfire. Two students were arrested on suspicion and the school was temporarily placed into lockdown, according to the The Times-Picayune.

01/22/18 - Italy HS Italy, TX. - A 16-year-old student at Italy High School opened fire with a semi-automatic handgun in the school cafeteria. The gunman wounded a fellow student, who later recovered, the AP reported. The school was placed under lockdown, following the incident.

01/20/18 - Wake Forest Univ. Winston-Salem, NC. - A 21-year-old football player, Najee Ali Baker, was shot and critically injured following an altercation at a Wake Forest University party. Baker was taken to a hospital, where he succumbed to his injury, according to WTHI-TV.

01/15/18 - Wiley College Marshall, TX. - Gunshots were fired from a vehicle in the parking lot of a dorm at Wiley College. A bullet was found to have gone through a window into a dorm room, but none of the residents were injured.

01/10/18 - Grayson College Denison, TX. - A student at Greyson College picked up a gun, belonging to an advisor. She discharged the weapon, believing it was not loaded and shot through the wall. There were no injuries and no charges filed, KXII reported.

01/10/18 - Coronado Elementary School Sierra Vista, AZ. - A 14-year-old student at Coronado Elementary School shot himself in the bathroom at school. The shooting was initially reported as an active shooter, forcing the school into lockdown. The seventh grader was pronounced dead at the scene, USA Today reported.

01/10/18 - California State Univ. San Bernardino, CA. - Gunshots came through a window at California State University. The university immediately went into lockdown. No suspects were identified and no injuries were reported, AP reported.

01/04/18 - New Start HS Seattle, WA. - Shots were fired by an unidentified shooter into an administrative office at New Start High School. The school went into lockdown, though no injuries were reported, according to KIRO 7.

The "18th" shooting, which was revised down to 17 was this one:
January 3, 2018 - St. Johns, Michigan - A 31-year-old man died by suicide in the parking lot of East Olive Elementary School. There were no students or staff at the scene, because the school had been closed for seven months, WILX reported.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2018, 12:20:25 AM »

January 3, 2018 - St. Johns, Michigan - A 31-year-old man died by suicide in the parking lot of East Olive Elementary School. There were no students or staff at the scene, because the school had been closed for seven months, WILX reported.
Who I their right mind would go along with the left's definition of "school shooting"!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2018, 12:28:17 AM »
Oh. And let's just draw a picture of a scary looking rifle, and any rifle that looks like that, we'll ban!

And while we are at it, let's make drugs illegal also. That will put an end to overdoses!

Maybe we should fix the mentally ill broken system we have. Maybe if the left did not call anyone who pointed out crazy, a bigot, a racist, a homophobe, etc., We could start identifying those people who wish to cause harm. Maybe if we arm teachers and get rid of those really safe "gun free zones", we can better protect the children!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2018, 10:14:53 AM »

No offense but the only reason that I can think of that you’d bring up such trivial info is that you are a racist, homophobe.

It’s obvious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2018, 10:19:46 AM »
No offense but the only reason that I can think of that you’d bring up such trivial info is that you are a racist, homophobe.

It’s obvious.

Duh.  Why do you think I post here?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2018, 10:43:24 AM »
Duh.  Why do you think I post here?

Death to teh black gays.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2018, 10:57:03 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2018, 11:06:09 AM »
Death to teh black gays.

Especially if they are transgendered muslim feminists.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2018, 11:19:15 AM »
Especially if they are transgendered muslim feminists.

The worst kind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2018, 11:23:27 AM »
Who I their right mind would go along with the left's definition of "school shooting"!

Part of the problem. 

The left is trying to connect Trump bad = Trump loves guns = all guns bad dots by extending the definition of “school shooting” to include anything that remotely bolsters their point. 

And then you have “comedians” like Jimmy Fucknose Kimmel and Joy “Going to Hell” Behar openly mocking the prayers and signs of respect and faith.  Fools like them make rational discussion of viable solutions impossible. Maybe instead of shootings at schools we should have some soundstage.... nevermind. Don’t martyr the assholes. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2018, 12:19:02 PM »
Honestly, you guys should know that although Trump didn’t pull a trigger, he is responsible for legislation that encourage the mental cases to shoot up people.

He did make those laws, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2018, 06:11:15 AM »
Most do not want to solve the problem. Most want to use emotion thinking that will fix the problem.  If you are truly interested in fixing the problem then read this. 

http://monsterhunternation.com/2015/06/23/an-opinion-on-gun-control-repost/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2018, 01:04:56 PM »
Most do not want to solve the problem. Most want to use emotion thinking that will fix the problem.  If you are truly interested in fixing the problem then read this. 

http://monsterhunternation.com/2015/06/23/an-opinion-on-gun-control-repost/

Amen.  My thought on the bookfaces the other day was pass laws mandating an armed guard in every school, public or private. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2018, 05:58:49 PM »
Amen.  My thought on the bookfaces the other day was pass laws mandating an armed guard in every school, public or private.
There was a armed guard at Marjory Stoneman Douglas HS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2018, 09:14:13 PM »
There was a armed guard at Marjory Stoneman Douglas HS.

From the Sun Sentinel.

The only person trained and armed to fight back against an assailant at Stoneman Douglas is its one school resource officer, a Broward Sheriff’s deputy funded by the city of Parkland. But Maxwell said she doesn’t think he was on campus when the shooting happened.

“I have been told by a couple of sources that the SRO was either called off campus responding to something happening or it could have been his day off,” she said. “They are stretched very thin.”

Simple.  Better planning and don't put anyone there on loan from the Sheriff's Dept.  Hire a full time, well trained security guard to work there with the sole purpose of thwarting this type situation.  As I've said several times, you can't stop everything.  If a deranged individual wants to off people, including high school students, there are 100 other ways to get it done besides storming the building with a gun.  He can wait til they hit the parking lot by the hundreds.  But you CAN stop this shit with an armed guard at the only entrance/exit to the place.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2018, 10:14:42 PM »
Many vets would volunteer. They could be armed with tasers and shotguns with bean bags and take out any threats.

It’s not hard to arm people with even non lethal weapons and have much better odds against a crazy person!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions