Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Difference in perspective

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Difference in perspective
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2018, 10:37:47 AM »
Many vets would volunteer. They could be armed with tasers and shotguns with bean bags and take out any threats.

It’s not hard to arm people with even non lethal weapons and have much better odds against a crazy person!

Some are doing this already in lee county now. Organizing it anyway in conjunction with the sherrifs dept.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2018, 06:53:52 PM »
From the Sun Sentinel.

The only person trained and armed to fight back against an assailant at Stoneman Douglas is its one school resource officer, a Broward Sheriff’s deputy funded by the city of Parkland. But Maxwell said she doesn’t think he was on campus when the shooting happened.

“I have been told by a couple of sources that the SRO was either called off campus responding to something happening or it could have been his day off,” she said. “They are stretched very thin.”

Simple.  Better planning and don't put anyone there on loan from the Sheriff's Dept.  Hire a full time, well trained security guard to work there with the sole purpose of thwarting this type situation.  As I've said several times, you can't stop everything.  If a deranged individual wants to off people, including high school students, there are 100 other ways to get it done besides storming the building with a gun.  He can wait til they hit the parking lot by the hundreds.  But you CAN stop this shit with an armed guard at the only entrance/exit to the place.
He was on campus, heard gunshots, never went in.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article201645569.html

IMO, arming the teachers isn't the way to go and putting up "In God We Trust" signs aren't going to stop anything.

I agree, hire full-time and well trained security guards and metal detectors.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 07:02:49 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2018, 09:00:39 PM »
He was on campus, heard gunshots, never went in. http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article201645569.html IMO, arming the teachers isn't the way to go and putting up "In God We Trust" signs aren't going to stop anything. I agree, hire full-time and well trained security guards and metal detectors.

HELLO! I type shit and it never posts.
WTH is this place, FB?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 09:38:51 AM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2018, 12:04:25 PM »

HELLO! I type shit and it never posts.
WTH is this place, FB?
Vote was taken on you. Some didn’t even make it that far.

No hard feelings. In the best interest of all that we just move on

Obviously, it would be extremely difficult if not impossible to train you how to use the new site.

And, several were against letting you on already, so it would be even harder to get support for you.

Easier to just block access.

Good luck cctau. Have a great weekend.

And life. Whatever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2018, 12:29:50 PM »
Vote was taken on you. Some didn’t even make it that far. No hard feelings. In the best interest of all that we just move on Obviously, it would be extremely difficult if not impossible to train you how to use the new site. And, several were against letting you on already, so it would be even harder to get support for you. Easier to just block access. Good luck cctau. Have a great weekend. And life. Whatever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2018, 12:46:54 PM »
Please finish up blocking cctau.

This is like watching a cat drown.

For the love of God, put this man out of this misery.

This is difficult to watch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2018, 12:48:27 PM »
Please finish up blocking cctau.

This is like watching a cat drown.

For the love of God, put this man out of this misery.

This is difficult to watch.

ASSHOLE!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2018, 12:49:14 PM »
Hey. Look. It worked! :fu:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2018, 12:56:00 PM »
Vote was taken on you. Some didn’t even make it that far.

No hard feelings. In the best interest of all that we just move on

Obviously, it would be extremely difficult if not impossible to train you how to use the new site.

And, several were against letting you on already, so it would be even harder to get support for you.

Easier to just block access.

Good luck cctau. Have a great weekend.

And life. Whatever.
We need diversity like CCTAU on here WT. Who will stand good for him? Not me but who here with some standing will speak up for the poor bastard?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2018, 12:57:42 PM »
We need diversity like CCTAU on here WT. Who will stand good for him? Not me but who here with some standing will speak up for the poor bastard?

I'm back bitch. SUCK IT!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2018, 01:34:49 PM »
I'm back bitch. SUCK IT!
Welcome back friend. Post as you're able. HE, HE' HE!   :moon:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions