Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What's Wrong with Superhero Movies

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
What's Wrong with Superhero Movies
« on: December 06, 2017, 04:58:49 AM »
I've got superhero fatigue. 

I didn't go see Thor Ragingcock.  I didn't go see Justice League. I didn't watch Dr. Strange. Didn't watch the new Spiderman.  Not going to watch Black Panther. Hated Batman v. Superman. Didn't really like Guardians 2. I'm interested in Infinity Wars, but not to the level that I was the first Avengers movie. 

Part of it is that there are just too many.  The other part is the universal drift into the supernatural. 

I love the Batman character.  But I don't watch Batman to see him battle Plasma Lava Monsters from Boobula.  I want to watch Batman solve (through wit or force) real world problems.  Things that could exist. 

That's what made The Dark Knight such a great movie.  All of that could ostensibly happen.  It's part of what made Bat v. Supe such a bloated pile of shit.  Almost none of that could. 

It's why the original Iron Man was such a complete, nearly perfect superhero movie to me.  He wasn't flying into black holes and battling the Pulsar Quarkians from a fourth dimension.  His attention was focused on terrorists and things that mattered on earth. 

I'm tired of the entire world being on the verge of being blown up.  Or the multiverse being in peril.  Leave that shit to the Transformers or even the Guardians.  There's no intrinsic need to pull those characters into a realm that includes Captain America and Iron Man.  No thanks. 

I'm sick of infinity stones and whatever the hell the worst Lex Luthor in the history of film (Jesse) was trying to come up with. 

Bring Batman back to earth.  Ground Iron Man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.