Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

So Much Hate

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: So Much Hate
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2017, 09:50:43 PM »
I tired myself out fist pumping at the Trump rally in Pensacola.  Guess I’ll pass.

Did they play some isbell?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2017, 10:19:49 PM »

Hah. Haven’t you heard? Trump don’t promote the gays!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2017, 09:49:59 AM »

Cowbells.  No isbells.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2017, 09:55:23 AM »
Cowbells.  No isbells.
Cock of the walk, baby
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2017, 11:12:24 PM »
I mentioned Isbell in the country thread.

Check out Lee Bains III & The Glory Fires.

Especially with this latest album, it's Isbell-esque lyrics & vocal twang over blistering punk rock. My kinda shit.

And he's a big Auburn fan. Wears the AU hat at all his gigs across the country.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2017, 11:15:40 PM »
Also, if you're into the soulful aspect of Isbell, check out another Alabamian, Anderson East.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2017, 07:45:03 AM »
Also, if you're into the soulful aspect of Isbell, check out another Alabamian, Anderson East.

No thanks. These guys are bastardizing country worse than Fla Ga Line and Garth. At least FGL are having fun with it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2017, 09:11:07 AM »
No thanks. These guys are bastardizing country worse than Fla Ga Line and Garth. At least FGL are having fun with it.
The two I mentioned certainly don't consider themselves country, and I think even Isbell would say he's folk.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2017, 09:15:03 AM »
I re-post my post that I posted in the CMA thread.  In other words, copy/pasta'ing my copy/pasta.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Congratulations! Album of the Year is a big nomination. How did you and your band, the 400 Unit, react to the news?
JASON ISBELL: Thank you! We’re definitely grateful. It’s weird: I don’t really see myself as a country musician. [Laughs] I see what we do as rock & roll. But when you’re from Alabama and you have a Southern accent and you sing about rural things…
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2017, 10:31:16 AM »
I mentioned Isbell in the country thread.

Check out Lee Bains III & The Glory Fires.

Especially with this latest album, it's Isbell-esque lyrics & vocal twang over blistering punk rock. My kinda shit.

And he's a big Auburn fan. Wears the AU hat at all his gigs across the country.

Uh, I would like to see him in an AU cap?  He is an Alabama fan and a big ATL Braves fan.  He has even hollered out Roll Tide at several of the shows I have seen him at and two years ago he tweeted about having his wife wrap their Xmas gifts in hounds tooth wrapping paper.

EDIT:  Are you talking about Isbell or Lee Bains?  If Isbell, no way he is an AU fan.  If Bains, I don't know.  I have only listened to one album and wasn't impressed, so I don't follow.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 10:36:00 AM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2017, 10:50:08 AM »
Uh, I would like to see him in an AU cap?  He is an Alabama fan and a big ATL Braves fan.  He has even hollered out Roll Tide at several of the shows I have seen him at and two years ago he tweeted about having his wife wrap their Xmas gifts in hounds tooth wrapping paper.

EDIT:  Are you talking about Isbell or Lee Bains?  If Isbell, no way he is an AU fan.  If Bains, I don't know.  I have only listened to one album and wasn't impressed, so I don't follow.
Lee Bains. Isbell is definitely a bammer.

I didn't love Bains's first album, but have seen them live and they kick ass. The second energy reflects that energy much better, IMO.

When I saw them in New Orleans, he was wearing this hat. I've seen him several times in Birmingham at Sloss Fest and the Nick and he wears it there too.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 10:51:40 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2017, 07:09:06 PM »
The two I mentioned certainly don't consider themselves country, and I think even Isbell would say he's folk.

So why do those guys (isbell, Simpson, jinks and a few of the other hacks) obsess over who is and isn't real country? Sturgill Simpson made a total ass of himself at the CMAs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2017, 08:53:26 PM »
So why do those guys (isbell, Simpson, jinks and a few of the other hacks) obsess over who is and isn't real country? Sturgill Simpson made a total ass of himself at the CMAs.

Well to be fair, his mama DID name him Sturgill.  I'd have my ass on my shoulders if I had to go through life as a Sturgill too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2017, 10:57:34 PM »
I didn't mention Sturgill.

He's real country.

The majority of artists up for CMAs are not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2017, 11:29:52 PM »
I didn't mention Sturgill.

He's real country.

The majority of artists up for CMAs are not.

Yes they are.  They are what "country" is today.  They're not giving awards for artists that play music the way some people think country should be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2017, 11:30:34 PM »

Isbell would say he is rock and roll and does at every concert of his I have attended.  Simpson did make an ass of himself, but not by showing up like he did and for his initial intent.  Face it he was right, there was no real country music in that building other than Stapelton.  It was what he said afterwards that made him look like an ass.

I would love to read some quotes from Jinks about his views.  I've never seen him say anything about who is and isn't real country.  I would also disagree that he is a hack.  I would be surprised to hear him say anything since he was a part of the "country" festival/jam that he was on tour with this summer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2017, 10:57:18 PM »
Isbell would say he is rock and roll and does at every concert of his I have attended.  Simpson did make an ass of himself, but not by showing up like he did and for his initial intent.  Face it he was right, there was no real country music in that building other than Stapelton.  It was what he said afterwards that made him look like an ass.

I would love to read some quotes from Jinks about his views.  I've never seen him say anything about who is and isn't real country.  I would also disagree that he is a hack.  I would be surprised to hear him say anything since he was a part of the "country" festival/jam that he was on tour with this summer.

Alan jackson was there. Church was there. Paisley was there. If sturgill really believes that statement then he's FOS and his own worst enemy.

I guess where I'm at now with this stuff is - who made them God to decide? They are as much of a deviation from hank or no show jones style as church or aldean. You could say the same with cash. He had some very very different stuff that didn't remotely sound like anything bill Monroe or hank would have recorded. It evolves.

Now I get that Garth, Carrie and Sam Hunt are just plain Ferkin terrible. But I have to disagree with the "that ain't real mommy partree" crowd on church and paisley. Even kenny has written some good stuff here and there. There's a lot of rock influence in the country guys our age - we were all exposed to Springsteen, gnr, etc. So I get it. I just think the "anti establishment" guys have gone too far in the other direction.

It's like how we talk about some in the libertarian circles. They are some of the most dogmatic you'll see. I'm seeing similarities now in the "anti" crowd in country music. Hell, I saw one page bashing Alan jackson. That's pretty hardcore.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 11:01:01 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2017, 11:03:13 PM »
Yes they are.  They are what "country" is today.  They're not giving awards for artists that play music the way some people think country should be.

Hogwash. If you don't sound exactly like Waylon and the outlaws, have both your arms tatted, and talk about doing cocaine -  then you're just fake. Or so I heard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2017, 11:15:13 PM »
Alan jackson was there. Church was there. Paisley was there. If sturgill really believes that statement then he's FOS and his own worst enemy.

I guess where I'm at now with this stuff is - who made them God to decide? They are as much of a deviation from hank or no show jones style as church or aldean. You could say the same with cash. He had some very very different stuff that didn't remotely sound like anything bill Monroe or hank would have recorded. It evolves.

Now I get that Garth, Carrie and Sam Hunt are just plain Ferkin terrible. But I have to disagree with the "that ain't real mommy partree" crowd on church and paisley. Even kenny has written some good stuff here and there. There's a lot of rock influence in the country guys our age - we were all exposed to Springsteen, gnr, etc. So I get it. I just think the "anti establishment" guys have gone too far in the other direction.

It's like how we talk about some in the libertarian circles. They are some of the most dogmatic you'll see. I'm seeing similarities now in the "anti" crowd in country music. Hell, I saw one page bashing Alan jackson. That's pretty hardcore.

Here it is in a nutshell.  Define "country".  Go ahead.  All these "That ain't country" dissenters, give us the definition of country music so we'll be able to quantify what is and what isn't actual country music so there will be no more debate.

Don't tell us what you think ISN'T country. BTW, that will rule out 99% of the arguments. Tell us all what IS, so we'll be able to distinguish between the contenders and pretenders.  Your definition.....GO!!

Oh, and one song by David Allan Coe doesn't count.  Okay....now go... Give us all the definition of "Country Music".   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2017, 07:06:11 AM »
I don't care what you call it. All of it sounds like a donkey spraying shit out of its ass.

Dickbell, Kenny Shitsney, Brad Gaysley, Gurgle, and all the rest of that crap is garbage can liner. 

Country music is Charlie Daniels. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.