Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn is really not that good

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Auburn is really not that good
« on: November 28, 2017, 08:26:14 AM »
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — When the University of Alabama football team checks out the video from Saturday’s 26-14 loss at Auburn, the Crimson Tide will badly want another shot at the Tigers.

Not next year, but in the College Football Playoff in a few weeks.

That goes without saying, and it could potentially happen, but between missed tackles, bad decisions and poor execution, the Crimson Tide really gave the game away.

“We messed up a bunch,” Alabama junior defensive tackle Da’Ron Payne said after the game. “Everything they did on us was because of us. Us not lining up right; us not reading our keys; us not having our gaps. It is all on us.”

“It was just us messing up.”

He’s not wrong. Auburn played well and deserved to win the game, but time and time again the Crimson Tide made an uncharacteristic mistake or just had something not go right when it needed.

It was a lot more than the team that’s known for not having turnovers losing a fumble, a holder losing his grip on the ball or a wide receiver not stretching for a crucial first down.

For example, Alabama’s only completed pass on third down was a screen to junior running back Bo Scarbrough, who got tangled up by defensive back Stephen Roberts just shy of the first down. Instead of a potentially big play, the Crimson Tide went three-and-out and Auburn took the lead on its subsequent possession.

There was a lot of that kind of thing at Jordan-Hare Stadium.

There is more gold here:
https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/walshs-last-word-10-things-might-not-noticed-iron-bowl

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

Re: Auburn is really not that good
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 08:27:15 AM »
Georgia thinks so too:

Three weeks ago, Auburn out-gained Georgia 488 to 230 yards, sacked Georgia quarterback Jake Fromm four times and held a powerful Bulldog rushing attack to 46 yards on 32 carries in a 40-17 win.

As No. 6 Georgia prepares for a rematch against No. 4 Auburn in the SEC Championship game Saturday, junior wide receiver Terry Godwin was asked about that first meeting.

“I mean, it was more of self-inflicted wounds,” Godwin said. “We made a lot of mistakes, and we seen that coming from the film we watched the day after, and it was just the little things that mattered that we didn't do, and we feel like we've got to come back and correct those and be better this weekend.”

Fromm completed just 13-of-28 passes for 184 yards with one touchdown against the Tigers. Godwin said the receivers didn’t do a good enough job getting open for their true freshman quarterback.

Godwin insists that will change this week.

“I mean, we're very motivated because, I mean, that game just goes to show that we can't relax and just be on our heels. We've got to always be on our toes and be prepared for anything,” he said. “I mean, there's just the thought inside of the receiving room, we're going to come out and not let anybody else do that to us or even Auburn do that to us again. We've just got to go out there and be on our A-game.”

Godwin said he’s expecting Auburn to come at them with, “a couple of tricks and gadgets and all that type of stuff because that's what Auburn does.” And according to Godwin, the Tigers will be facing a different team in Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

“I mean, we're a lot better,” he said. “We've been fixing all the nicks and bugs we had messed up against them three weeks ago, and they've been on their A-game as well. So it's going to be a great game, but the better team is going to come out on top, and I feel like that's going to be us.”

Kickoff is set for 3 p.m. CT on CBS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 08:32:06 AM »
Fuck them both with a hobnail boot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 08:40:43 AM »
The dumbassery with the assessment of these two games isn’t limited to just one fan base.

It’s amazing that someone could take an ass kicking, especially Like Georgia, and think it a fluke.

Honestly though, not surprising. Their fans aren’t that football smart. If we’d taken an ass whipping like that, I know this place wouldn’t be clamoring that it was a fluke.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 08:45:28 AM »
So, when should we expect to see the change.org petition because Tray Matthews clapped?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 08:47:54 AM »
So, when should we expect to see the change.org petition because Tray Matthews clapped?

Did you see the video? That may have been the worse excuse I have ever seen. The first one it looked like he was adjusting his glove or something, the second one he was trying to get the corner's attention on the other side of the field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 08:51:21 AM »
Funny thing is, that good teams dictate the way an opponent plays. They put pressure on a team to make them do uncharacteristic things. It's what Alabama has been doing for 10 years. Do you think that all teams go into the shitter just because when playing Alabama? No, it's because they wear you down and beat your ass and make you do stupid things.

Auburn has done that to both Alabama and UGA this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 08:55:28 AM »
Did you see the video? That may have been the worse excuse I have ever seen. The first one it looked like he was adjusting his glove or something, the second one he was trying to get the corner's attention on the other side of the field.
Yeah, I laughed my ass off.  Watched the first video at least a dozen times and never saw him clap.  You are right about the second one too...he was trying to get the corner's attention.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 09:06:34 AM »
For example, Alabama’s only completed pass on third down was a screen to junior running back Bo Scarbrough, who got tangled up by defensive back Stephen Roberts just shy of the first down. Instead of a potentially big play, the Crimson Tide went three-and-out and Auburn took the lead on its subsequent possession.

And this completely proves that Auburn outplayed them.  Got "tangled up" my ass.  You got stopped short.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2017, 09:10:05 AM »
And this completely proves that Auburn outplayed them.  Got "tangled up" my ass.  You got stopped short.
This is like saying Chizzy fell repeatedly into my fist at an x gate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2017, 09:11:14 AM »
Yeah, I laughed my ass off.  Watched the first video at least a dozen times and never saw him clap.  You are right about the second one too...he was trying to get the corner's attention.

Either of you two have a link? Wouldnt mind seeing that.

As far as this bs from the dawgs and bama, I'm actually glad to see they feel this way. This sets up nicely with an even deeper dagger. They don't think Auburn beat them, that is not necessarily the best way to motivate ya know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2017, 09:22:54 AM »
They ever think their mistakes as they like to call them were because the other team was better? Or the lack of execution was because....the other team was better? Same with the "self inflicted" line of garbage.  This is the society we live in now. No accountability. No good losers. Always an excuse and always nothing they did. Immediately point to something to blame. No way in hell you could have just got whipped.

Btw - auburn could point out just as many similar things in both of those games to "blame". Push off in the endzone, 3 fgs in the red zone against uga to start the game, bama not being set on the 12 men bs review etc etc. Woulda couldas are the language of sore losers because most of the time these things even out in the end. We all know this. It's just the losing team likes to lament on it to make themselves feel better about their ass beating.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2017, 09:24:29 AM »
Funny thing is, that good teams dictate the way an opponent plays. They put pressure on a team to make them do uncharacteristic things. It's what Alabama has been doing for 10 years. Do you think that all teams go into the shitter just because when playing Alabama? No, it's because they wear you down and beat your ass and make you do stupid things.

Auburn has done that to both Alabama and UGA this year.

This ^^^.

I want to hump your post. All of it. Straight truth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2017, 09:29:18 AM »
This ^^^.

I want to hump your post. All of it. Straight truth.

Make sure you have lube.  He's a little rough around the edges.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2017, 09:32:44 AM »
Make sure you have lube.  He's a little rough around the edges.

I'm the one humping here pal. Get out my personal biz.

But seriously what kind of lube do you recomm....I mean, what? You are sick buddy!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2017, 09:38:27 AM »
I'm the one humping here pal. Get out my personal biz.

But seriously what kind of lube do you recomm....I mean, what? You are sick buddy!

Snags seems like the kind of guy that would just say fuck it, and go in dry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2017, 09:45:36 AM »
Snags seems like the kind of guy that would just say fuck it, and go in dry.

That all depends on how liquored up I am at the time.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2017, 09:46:36 AM »
What do you guys prefer, KY or Astroglide?

Asking for a friend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2017, 09:50:14 AM »
That all depends on how liquored up I am at the time.   

It's true folks. When snags gets liquored up real goodlike, there ain't no such thing as an ugly fat dude.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE