Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn is really not that good

Token

Re: Auburn is really not that good
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2017, 05:00:00 PM »
How anyone, biased or not, could watch that game and not see the glaring reasons why Auburn beat Alabama is beyond me.  It was very easy to see.  Auburn was more confident and way more physical than Alabama.  Period.  Without knowing the stats I would guess Auburn had 100+ yards after contact.  That's the bottom line.  Auburn manhandled Alabama.  On offense and on defense. 

The kick six game was hard to take.  Not because Alabama lost but because of how they lost.  That sucked.  But Saturday night wasn't hard at all.  The better team won.  The stronger team won.  The coach with the best game plan won.  Anyone who says differently is either being purposely obtuse or they don't know shit about football. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2017, 05:02:38 PM »
Furthermore, worst case scenarios for Alabama at this point are as follows....

Oklahoma gets beat by TCU placing Bama and Oklahoma in a bowl game. 
Oklahoma doesn't get beat by TCU, Bama backs into playoffs and has to play Oklahoma in the 1st round.
Alabama backs into the playoffs and has to play Auburn again this season.

I can't imagine 3 worse things for Alabama at this point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2017, 05:06:36 PM »
Token, if TCU beats OU, I think Bama is in, regardless of what happens to Wisky/OSU.

Furthermore, I think if Auburn wins and OSU wins, I think Bama is in, and if UGA wins and OSU wins, I think OSU goes over the Tide.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2017, 05:36:05 PM »
I predict Bama will be at 5.  However, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they only dropped them to 4.  It all depends on what factors the committee decides on that particular day that they deem to be important.  Clemson has one loss, to Syracuse.  But they've beaten #6 Auburn.  Oklahoma whipped a top 10 tOSU but their lone loss is to Iowa State.  Bama has beaten several top 25 teams but none in the top 10 now.  But their only loss is to #6 on the road.  You can make an argument either way.  I don't think it will happen but it wouldn't surprise me. 

Our scenario is set in stone.  Beat the Georgia Fuck You Bulldogs and we're in.  If we don't, we're ferked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2017, 05:51:37 PM »
I predict Bama will be at 5.  However, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they only dropped them to 4.  It all depends on what factors the committee decides on that particular day that they deem to be important.  Clemson has one loss, to Syracuse.  But they've beaten #6 Auburn.  Oklahoma whipped a top 10 tOSU but their lone loss is to Iowa State.  Bama has beaten several top 25 teams but none in the top 10 now.  But their only loss is to #6 on the road.  You can make an argument either way.  I don't think it will happen but it wouldn't surprise me. 

Our scenario is set in stone.  Beat the Georgia Fuck You Bulldogs and we're in.  If we don't, we're ferked.

Belk Bowl!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2017, 06:36:38 PM »

One facet to consider is how the Big Ten has performed in the playoffs the last two years.
NO POiNTS IN EITHER GAME!
And they sneaked Ohio State in last season so... fool me once...?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2017, 08:17:18 PM »
How anyone, biased or not, could watch that game and not see the glaring reasons why Auburn beat Alabama is beyond me.  It was very easy to see.  Auburn was more confident and way more physical than Alabama.  Period.  Without knowing the stats I would guess Auburn had 100+ yards after contact.  That's the bottom line.  Auburn manhandled Alabama.  On offense and on defense. 

The kick six game was hard to take.  Not because Alabama lost but because of how they lost.  That sucked.  But Saturday night wasn't hard at all.  The better team won.  The stronger team won.  The coach with the best game plan won.  Anyone who says differently is either being purposely obtuse or they don't know shit about football.
Remember those PSA’s on NBC called “The More You Know”?

^^^This would make a good one.

Even if it’s from a pig.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

bgreene

« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2017, 11:57:28 PM »
Furthermore, worst case scenarios for Alabama at this point are as follows....

Oklahoma gets beat by TCU placing Bama and Oklahoma in a bowl game. 
Oklahoma doesn't get beat by TCU, Bama backs into playoffs and has to play Oklahoma in the 1st round.
Alabama backs into the playoffs and has to play Auburn again this season.

I can't imagine 3 worse things for Alabama at this point.

If I didn’t know you, I’d say you’re a closet Auburn fan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2017, 05:36:51 AM »

If I didn’t know you, I’d say you’re a closet Auburn fan.

He's still in the closet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2017, 07:26:18 AM »
One facet to consider is how the Big Ten has performed in the playoffs the last two years.
NO POiNTS IN EITHER GAME!
And they sneaked Ohio State in last season so... fool me once...?

And I hate to agree with him but Reece Davis was absolutely right last night on the selection show. If they let Ohio state in this year, then the committee is simply playing a shell game from year to year to suit osu. They would be putting them in this year for the very exact opposite reasoning they got in last year and lobbied for.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2017, 07:59:24 AM »
And I hate to agree with him but Reece Davis was absolutely right last night on the selection show. If they let Ohio state in this year, then the committee is simply playing a shell game from year to year to suit osu. They would be putting them in this year for the very exact opposite reasoning they got in last year and lobbied for.

Bama hack
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2017, 11:28:29 AM »

Here is my issue though...If you stack bamas schedule against Wisconsin there isn't a big difference.  So if Wisconsin were to lose in the Championship game how can you reward bama who didn't have to play that extra game and penalize Wisconsin its bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2017, 01:20:10 PM »
I predict Bama will be at 5.  However, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they only dropped them to 4.  It all depends on what factors the committee decides on that particular day that they deem to be important.  Clemson has one loss, to Syracuse.  But they've beaten #6 Auburn.  Oklahoma whipped a top 10 tOSU but their lone loss is to Iowa State. Bama has beaten several top 25 teams but none in the top 10 now.  But their only loss is to #6 on the road.  You can make an argument either way.  I don't think it will happen but it wouldn't surprise me. 

I thought they beat a MSU team that was at 24 with 5 losses now and out of the top 25 and #18 LSU, yes fsu was ranked , but what a shit show they turned out to be. Including SOS, I would like to think the turds are fucked.

Personally, I don't want them anywhere near the playoffs, get some bowl bid that the turd fans think are beneath them, have a poor showing, get a rep as not traveling well. Anyway to fuck them, I want them to get fucked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Token

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2017, 05:07:17 PM »

I thought they beat a MSU team that was at 24 with 5 losses now and out of the top 25 and #18 LSU, yes fsu was ranked , but what a shit show they turned out to be. Including SOS, I would like to think the turds are fucked.

Personally, I don't want them anywhere near the playoffs, get some bowl bid that the turd fans think are beneath them, have a poor showing, get a rep as not traveling well. Anyway to fuck them, I want them to get fucked.

I'm not advocating for Alabama to be in the playoffs because they shouldn't be.  I hope the top 4 teams right now make it in because they are the best 4 teams.  But the FSU argument is weak.  If Bama doesn't know FSU's quarterback out in the first game of the season they are likely a much different team. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2017, 06:58:21 PM »

I'm not advocating for Alabama to be in the playoffs because they shouldn't be.  I hope the top 4 teams right now make it in because they are the best 4 teams.  But the FSU argument is weak.  If Bama doesn't know FSU's quarterback out in the first game of the season they are likely a much different team.

Agreed.  And that game likely goes down to the wire.  You can't fault Bama for scheduling a team like FSU, who many thought was either #1 or #1A.  QB went down and season went in the shitter.  Not that it matters, but I thought FSU was way overrated to start with. Great team but not top 5.  One reason.  Dalvin Cook.  Anywho, as it stands, Bama is 11-1 with a 3-1 record against current top 25 teams.

AU #2 Loss
LSU Win
MSU Win
Fresno State Win

You want to talk about shit for schedules.  Go look at Weskansan.  Jeez!  Auburn, Bama, Georgia, LSU and probably Miss. State would all be undefeated with that garbage.  The Badgers may be pretty damn good and they handled their business against what was put in front of them.  But come on, man.  There's a reason it's taken this long for the committee to give them any love.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2017, 07:55:49 PM »
Bama hack

He is.

Its why I hate agreeing with him. But he was right. There is no way OSU belongs in this playoff no matter what happens. Doors blown off at HOME by Oklahoma. Doors blown off by Iowa at Iowa by 30+ points. Think on that. It just sucks that Bama is sitting there as the other option if Wisky or TCU screws up. I won't say that Bama deserves to make it. Im just gonna say OSU DOESNT.

Conf winner? Pffffttttt. Suddenly it matters to them. Pfttttt. Funny they lobbied for the exact opposite logic last year. Another Pfttttt..
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 07:58:35 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2017, 08:00:31 PM »
Here is my issue though...If you stack bamas schedule against Wisconsin there isn't a big difference.  So if Wisconsin were to lose in the Championship game how can you reward bama who didn't have to play that extra game and penalize Wisconsin its bullshit.

Because it will be the first real game they've played and will have lost it.

Auburn on the road is a better loss than OSU on a neutral field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2017, 08:11:47 AM »

Conf winner? Pffffttttt. Suddenly it matters to them. Pfttttt. Funny they lobbied for the exact opposite logic last year. Another Pfttttt..

And Saban is wearing the other shoe.

After arguing that OSU shouldn't get in last year because they didn't win their conference, he's now allowing for the possibility that a non-conference winner....say....like Bama...should make the playoff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2017, 08:15:50 AM »
And Saban is wearing the other shoe.

After arguing that OSU shouldn't get in last year because they didn't win their conference, he's now allowing for the possibility that a non-conference winner....say....like Bama...should make the playoff.

Whole scenario sucks. Either way, one slip up and an undeserving team will get in. Pains me to say too but osu is the lesser team of the 2. 55-24 at Iowa. Done.

But I'm not a fan of either making it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2017, 08:20:10 AM »
You can't fault Bama for scheduling a team like FSU, who many thought was either #1 or #1A. 

Yes you can.  Their recipe for SOS finally backfired on them.

Schedule a marginally good power 5 team to start the season and bill them as the best thing since sliced tomatoes.  Pollsters buy in and rank them somewhere in the top 15, so it looks good.  Bammer beats them like a rented mule and is proclaimed the best team ever in the history of the universe, while said opponent rebounds for a nice 8-4 season and sneaks back into the top 25 by season's end.

This year it backfired, because they swept the leg.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 08:22:02 AM by Buzz Killington »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.