Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2017 Coaching Lottery

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: 2017 Coaching Lottery
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2017, 04:00:48 PM »
JOHN GRUDEN

So, you're saying Chip Kelly to Tennessee?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2017, 04:03:36 PM »
To Bill Clark!   :booz:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2017, 04:05:27 PM »
I had to look it up to make sure the TE coach for USCe is the same Pat Washington that played QB at AU.  29 year coaching career.  That one slipped right by me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2017, 04:12:25 PM »
Auburn Tigers

Head coach: Gus Malzahn

Assistant coaches:

Chip Lindsey (OC/QB)
 Kevin Steele (DC)
 Rodney Garner (DL)
 Kodi Burns (WR)
 Greg Brown (DB)
 Herb Hand (OL)
 Tim Horton (RB/ST)
 Larry Porter (TE)             What do you think he does at practice?       
 Travis Williams (LB)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2017, 04:53:31 PM »
Gimme Steve Motherfucking Ensminger...champions of the universe!

Seriously, I'd take any of the following on staff:

Pruitt
T-Rob
Rhoads
Rumph
Heupel
Grimes
McGriff

I'd expect, of that list, that Pruitt is probably the next HC with Heupel, Canada and Aranda shortly thereafter.

Side note: it's funny to see how many of the old Auburn assistants are still kicking around the league.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2017, 05:05:44 PM »
Speaking of former AU assistants, I wonder if A&M fans go through the same things we do with regard to HC and OC.  Noel Mazzone is the coordinator.  Sumlin was the offensive guru.  Who calls the plays and does Sumlin point to Mazzone when things aren't going right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2017, 05:44:37 PM »
Speaking of former AU assistants, I wonder if A&M fans go through the same things we do with regard to HC and OC.  Noel Mazzone is the coordinator.  Sumlin was the offensive guru.  Who calls the plays and does Sumlin point to Mazzone when things aren't going right?

Yeeeeeeeeeah...68th in total offense has to be disappointing.  Does Sumlin have a rep as CEO or playcaller?  Whatever it is...it ain't working.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2017, 06:04:39 PM »
So, you're saying Chip Kelly to Tennessee?
I figure Kelly is going to Florida, he'd have them Championship ready within a few years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2017, 08:24:31 PM »
I figure Kelly is going to Florida, he'd have them Championship ready within a few years.

I'm not sold on Kelly's offense working in this league.  Not because I don't think he's a good coach.  Everything I've read about the man is that you wouldn't ever get a harder working HC than CK.  But I think since his time at Oregon, that spread it out, fast paced O has long since been introduced to the SEC.  Just about everyone runs some form of it.  Even Saban started speeding things up the last couple of years. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2017, 05:29:34 AM »
Barring conference "show cause" issues, Kelly would seem to be a good fit in Gainesville.
Spurrier wasn't a recruiter either, but talent lined-up there for the F&G offense.
They have a pretty good foundation for defense.
Need facilities upgrade in all facets according to talking heads.

IMO though, Florida is after Scott Frost. 

Maybe he goes home to Lincoln to become their Kirk Ferentz but Frost knows that immediate region is devoid of talent and it will have to be imported from afar. 

TAMU is said to be courting Jimbo Fisher (reportedly turned down 7M+/- offer from LSU post-Miles /pre-Orgeron.
The Aggies have plenty of money to throw around plus they don't have to cow to state legislators.
If Fisher exits Tallahassee that leaves a temporary talent vacuum in north FL, south GA.     
* Auburn with even a semi-heavy recruiting presence in those areas would be scary dangerous.

So much of the talk is intended to drive up salaries but FSU is effing maxed-out!

It's customary for the next post to be FUCK FSU! , Jimbo or jmar... something brilliant to that effect.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2017, 05:49:42 AM »
I'm not sold on Kelly's offense working in this league.  Not because I don't think he's a good coach.  Everything I've read about the man is that you wouldn't ever get a harder working HC than CK.  But I think since his time at Oregon, that spread it out, fast paced O has long since been introduced to the SEC.  Just about everyone runs some form of it.  Even Saban started speeding things up the last couple of years.
I'm sold on Kelly's offense working with Florida talent. That said, I would be thrilled if Florida only reaches a similar level with UGA. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2017, 06:48:51 AM »
Gimme Steve Motherfucking Ensminger...champions of the universe!

Seriously, I'd take any of the following on staff:

Pruitt
T-Rob
Rhoads
Rumph
Heupel
Grimes
McGriff

I'd expect, of that list, that Pruitt is probably the next HC with Heupel, Canada and Aranda shortly thereafter.

Side note: it's funny to see how many of the old Auburn assistants are still kicking around the league.
I still think Aranda's footprint is present with Wisconsin's current defensive talent. The Badger's have played a soft schedule although Michigan is visiting Madison this week.
Wisconsin could get in our way (same for Oklahoma) should we barely eek out a W versus the Turds or in the SECCG if we advance.

*Note to self, all X'ers, Auburn fans and the world of college football in general:

It should come as no shock if Alabama somehow gets more consideration than it should.
It's a given... so much so that for all intents and purposes...it's a bylaw.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2017, 07:34:29 AM »

I'm not sold on his persona and model working in this league. He is oil n water in the sec. Culturally. Think tater tot when it comes to recruiting and snooty nature when it comes to walking up into low income areas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2017, 08:08:26 AM »
I'm not sold on his persona and model working in this league. He is oil n water in the sec. Culturally. Think tater tot when it comes to recruiting and snooty nature when it comes to walking up into low income areas.
Good point.
But the strangest marriage to date has to be the good natured Richt at Miami. 
BTW I think Al Golden is a north-eastern guy like Chip. Abbrasive yankees? More than likely.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2017, 08:28:56 AM »
My opinion?  The ONLY team in the SEC that Chip Kelly could succeed at is Florida.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2017, 08:33:01 AM »
My opinion?  The ONLY team in the SEC that Chip Kelly could succeed at is Florida.
Concur!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions