Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

MACtion

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
MACtion
« on: November 15, 2017, 07:25:15 PM »
So, the MAC has been playing games midweek for years.  They decided to have a game on just about every midweek night throughout November.  You've got 8 directional Michigan schools, Eastern, Western, Central, South Central, North-to-Slightly-Western.....  You've got Akron, Ohio, Toledo, NIU etc.  Now, I love me some football, I don't care who it is.  And if I'm flipping channels, I'll dang sure stop and watch a little MAC action, especially late in the season when it's getting cold as a witch's titty up north.  But holy damn, how do these programs stay afloat?

ESPN has to be footing the bill because they absolutely aren't making it from the gate.  Tuesday, I watched part of some game and there seriously could not have been 3,000 people total in the stadium.  Same last night.  The shots of the stands they showed might have verified 74 fans on that side.  No matter what happened in the game, you couldn't hear a peep from the fans.  Right now, it's Western Michigan and NIU on senior night.  They've shown the WMU stands several times.  500?  Maybe?  I've seen more fans at SEC chick volleyball matches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: MACtion
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 08:37:32 AM »
  I've seen more fans at SEC chick volleyball matches.

Cue Wynn Everett.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: MACtion
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 02:09:17 PM »
I was watching one of those games last week. There was a penalty which made the game clock go back to a certain time, the ref came on the mic and said" Please re-set the game clock to 2:42, the guy in the press box did, the ref said thank you. Then from the press box over the loud speaker "Your welcome".

Cool story, I know.  :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'