Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2017-18 College Basketball Bitchin' and Moanin' Thread

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: 2017-18 College Basketball Bitchin' and Moanin' Thread
« Reply #280 on: February 07, 2018, 10:50:02 PM »
A loss to A&M at home.  Shouldn't have happened.  You can't keep playing from way behind.  You just can't.  They've turned it on time and time again, but your luck will start running out.  The refs bent them over on several calls down the stretch, but damn it, don't get down double digits every game.  Oh well, 21-3.  It's tough as hell the rest of the way.  I'll be happy with 24-25 wins.  A 4 or 5 seed.  Udamrite I'll take it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #281 on: February 07, 2018, 10:55:57 PM »
That was bound to happen when we ran into a team with a substantial post presence.  The game followed our usual script (keep playing hard/subbing and wear them down), but we were lacking Bryce Brown to give the defense another inside/outside threat to guard.

Most of the problems with our last 3 minutes were sloppy ball handling and stupid fucking turnovers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #282 on: February 07, 2018, 10:56:50 PM »
A loss to A&M at home.  Shouldn't have happened.  You can't keep playing from way behind.  You just can't.  They've turned it on time and time again, but your luck will start running out.  The refs bent them over on several calls down the stretch, but damn it, don't get down double digits every game.  Oh well, 21-3.  It's tough as hell the rest of the way.  I'll be happy with 24-25 wins.  A 4 or 5 seed.  Udamrite I'll take it.

You realize Brown went out in the first half and didn't return. 

And we were still a stupendously shitty last second call from taking it. 

With Brown, we win by 15-20. 

And yet, I'm bummed. 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 11:06:03 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #283 on: February 07, 2018, 11:06:24 PM »
You realize Brown went out in the first half and didn't return. 

And we were still a stupendously shitty last second call from taking it. 

With Brown, we win by 15-20.

I watched.  I realize that.  But you still can't play from behind by double digits night in and night out and hope to keep winning.  I'm not complaining.  I'm thrilled at what they're doing.  Just analyzing a pattern, with or without Brown, that's been prevalent all season.  This team has proven it can be special.  Just don't want to get down to when it really counts in the SEC Tourney or March Madness and go, "Damn, we lost 88-86 and had a real shot at the end.  Just wish we weren't down 17 at half.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #284 on: February 07, 2018, 11:40:56 PM »
I watched.  I realize that.  But you still can't play from behind by double digits night in and night out and hope to keep winning.  I'm not complaining.  I'm thrilled at what they're doing.  Just analyzing a pattern, with or without Brown, that's been prevalent all season.  This team has proven it can be special.  Just don't want to get down to when it really counts in the SEC Tourney or March Madness and go, "Damn, we lost 88-86 and had a real shot at the end.  Just wish we weren't down 17 at half.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #285 on: February 08, 2018, 01:08:08 AM »
TAMU just got all of its injured and suspended back very recently making them one of our toughest if not THE toughest remaining on our schedule. Almost always playing from behind is a concern even with Brown healthy.
Sort of felt we might drop three of the last eight and hoping for the best especially since we just cracked the top ten.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 01:12:54 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #286 on: February 08, 2018, 07:35:29 AM »

10 at the half.

It went to 17 quickly without brown at the start of the second.

And yes - you get down that much to a good or athletic team and the result is what happened with bama and aggie.

Btw what's his status?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #287 on: February 08, 2018, 09:23:47 AM »
day to day
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #288 on: February 08, 2018, 09:38:05 AM »
Btw what's his status?

I'm not ready to stand up here right now and say that. Not ready to even go my mind there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #289 on: February 08, 2018, 11:20:36 AM »
I watched.  I realize that.  But you still can't play from behind by double digits night in and night out and hope to keep winning. 

aTm hit 60% from 3 in the first half...

And Pearl has said several times this year that the reason they play so well in the second half is that Auburn plays 9 guys and wears you out. It's part of the game plan.

As Wes4AU alluded to, without Brown, that gameplan wasn't helped.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 11:23:14 AM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #290 on: February 08, 2018, 09:02:05 PM »
This team is scrappy and wiry.  They probably should have lost that game by double digits based on aTm's guard having a career night and their skyscrapers going inside at will.  The fact that Auburn had a chance to win with a buzzer beater was actually somewhat impressive the more I think about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #291 on: February 08, 2018, 09:23:36 PM »
This team is scrappy and wiry.  They probably should have lost that game by double digits based on aTm's guard having a career night and their skyscrapers going inside at will.  The fact that Auburn had a chance to win with a buzzer beater was actually somewhat impressive the more I think about it.

I agree. Folks seem to forget that A&M was projected at #4 to start. With suspensions and injuries, they dropped many games to start out SEC play. Now, they are getting most of those back. Still, Auburn was 12" away from a last second victory without Bryce. Thats saying a lot. I believe this game will only make Auburn better considering their best player was out the entire 2nd half. Other players had to step up and they did. Right now, ESPN has AU projected as a 3 seed in the West bracket over in Dallas. Not too bad looking at the bracket. Obviously this is projected but its fun to discuss considering.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Edit: March Madness is gonna be mo fun this year.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 09:25:34 PM by djsimp »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #292 on: February 08, 2018, 09:36:35 PM »
I agree. Folks seem to forget that A&M was projected at #4 to start. With suspensions and injuries, they dropped many games to start out SEC play. Now, they are getting most of those back. Still, Auburn was 12" away from a last second victory without Bryce. Thats saying a lot. I believe this game will only make Auburn better considering their best player was out the entire 2nd half. Other players had to step up and they did. Right now, ESPN has AU projected as a 3 seed in the West bracket over in Dallas. Not too bad looking at the bracket. Obviously this is projected but its fun to discuss considering.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Edit: March Madness is gonna be mo fun this year.

So we drop from a one seed to a three and also have to go west now? 

Basketball is stupid. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #293 on: February 08, 2018, 09:46:22 PM »
Long way to go this season and the SEC tourney.  Waaayyy too soon to be talking about seeds in March madness.  Just happy to be talked about since we haven't sniffed of it since Cliff Ellis.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #294 on: February 09, 2018, 07:28:05 AM »
Long way to go this season and the SEC tourney.  Waaayyy too soon to be talking about seeds in March madness.  Just happy to be talked about since we haven't sniffed of it since Cliff Ellis.

Lot has changed in the last 3 weeks....even more will change in the next 3
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #295 on: February 09, 2018, 09:13:37 AM »
So we drop from a one seed to a three and also have to go west now? 

Basketball is stupid.

Like mentioned, its more of a fluid type situation as far as seeding and such. Its more of a gauge to see where the national talking heads see Auburn. I will say this, Auburn will not be a #1 seed. If AU keeps up the hustle, they will be probably a #3 is my guess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #296 on: February 09, 2018, 09:38:06 AM »
Damn cheating Tar Heels took down my Dookies last night.  They should have given those thugs the death penalty.  But nooooooo......  Let em' off like O.J.

Reality is Coach Kzykkzzchzxkveski's bunch are going the wrong direction down the stretch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #297 on: February 09, 2018, 10:27:24 AM »
  we haven't sniffed of it since Cliff Ellis.
Just for the record, I never sniffed Cliff. Not that there’s anything wrong with you sniffing.

His crotch. That’s your business.

But it ain’t we if you mean me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

« Reply #298 on: February 09, 2018, 10:32:37 AM »
Damn cheating Tar Heels took down my Dookies last night.  They should have given those thugs the death penalty.  But nooooooo......  Let em' off like O.J.

Reality is Coach Kzykkzzchzxkveski's bunch are going the wrong direction down the stretch.

damn bandwagon fans, those teams.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #299 on: February 09, 2018, 10:34:15 AM »

Ima gonna call 'em uke cause it suits 'em. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions