Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2017-18 College Basketball Bitchin' and Moanin' Thread

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: 2017-18 College Basketball Bitchin' and Moanin' Thread
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2018, 04:28:16 PM »
Which was...

I can't keep up with all the conflicting narratives on this story due to head combustion.
Oh yeah, this.

Here's what I'm hearing from behind the scenes ...

The NCAA considers the FBI's initial complaint against Chuck Person — all facts and conclusions contained therein — to be essentially above reproach. It's Gospel. So when Auburn launches its own investigation and disagrees with some of the FBI's facts or interpretations, the NCAA views these differences with a skeptical eye. It's an uphill battle; the burden of proof is on the school.

Auburn has appealed for Wiley's reinstatement. That happened some time ago. I'd estimate that it's been three weeks. The NCAA phoned several days after the initial paperwork was received to ask for some additional detail/clarification on a particular issue that Auburn disputed. Auburn's view of Issue A deviated from the FBI's view of Issue A, which piqued the NCAA's curiosity.

It appeared that the NCAA was satisfied with Auburn's additional/detail on Issue A, which is when I came to you all and said: WILEY WILL BE CLEARED IN SHORT ORDER.

Well, much to my chagrin, the NCAA then came back a second time and asked for additional detail/clarification on what we'll call Issue B. Auburn since has provided what it considers appropriate documentation regarding Issue B. That happened last week.

So now Auburn and Wiley must continue to wait for the NCAA to either:
a.) Affirm Auburn's desire to certify Wiley;
b.) Ask for additional details/clarification on Issue A, B or even a new one;
c.) Assess Wiley as permanently ineligible.

I still believe Wiley will be cleared to play. I won't say anything beyond that.

As an aside, I believe Purifoy will be ruled permanently ineligible and will elect to play overseas in (early) 2018 in hopes of piquing NBA interest. I could be wrong on that, but I doubt that I am.

Apparently JGT is full of shit. There is no applying for reinstatement if they were never actually ruled ineligible to begin with.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2018, 04:32:48 PM »
Oh yeah, this.

Apparently JGT is full of shit. There is no applying for reinstatement if they were never actually ruled ineligible to begin with.

:thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2018, 04:51:45 PM »
In his defense he's always been FOS. So he's consistent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #103 on: January 05, 2018, 08:37:02 AM »
So, we are waiting for Wiley's parents to pay back the money and all will be good, right?

Signed,

Marcel Dareus
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2018, 08:54:59 AM »
copy/pasta'd from Josh Vitale @ Auburn Opelika News

AUBURN – Bruce Pearl’s Auburn’s men’s basketball team will enter Saturday’s home date with No. 22 Arkansas in the midst of an 11-game win streak — the program’s longest in 18 years. Over the latter part of that stretch, his nine-man rotation has really started to click.

That was especially evident Tuesday, when the Tigers knocked off No. 23 Tennessee, 94-84, to claim their first road win over a ranked team in nearly 11 years. Eight of the nine players who saw the floor scored between six and 18 points, and five finished in double figures.

“I just think they trust each other, they respect each other, they count on each other, they rely on each other, they make each other better,” Pearl said. “They cheer for one another, and it isn’t about any one person getting theirs.”

Still, Pearl “absolutely” thinks about what he would do should he ever be able to add one or both of Danjel Purifoy and Austin Wiley to that rotation.

The sophomore forward and center have been held out due to concerns about their eligibility since Nov. 2 amidst the university’s internal investigation prompted by former associate head coach Chuck Person being charged with six counts of federal corruption as a result of an FBI probe.

“We’ll put the best players out there,” Pearl said. “That’s what the team would want, and based on matchups and based on where we are.”

But despite the fact that more than three months have passed and the calendar has flipped from 2017 to 2018 since Person’s Sept. 26 arrest, Pearl said there has been no change to either players’ status.

Purifoy and Wiley are still practicing with the team and are enrolled in classes for the spring semester, which begins Wednesday. They have not been ruled ineligible, Pearl said, but the school is “still trying to certify their eligibility with the NCAA.”
:blink:
Saturday’s game will be Auburn’s 15 th this season, which means both players have already missed nearly half of the team’s 31-game regular-season schedule.

“We’re still in the process of trying to get Austin and Danjel eligible,” Pearl said. “They’re staying ready and we’ll face that when the time comes.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2018, 07:31:02 PM »
Pretty sound win against a ranked conference opponent.

Again.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 07:34:18 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2018, 09:23:30 PM »
Daaaaayuuuuummmm..... All I got.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #107 on: January 06, 2018, 11:09:24 PM »
Fighting Pearls. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2018, 11:51:54 PM »
I was wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #109 on: January 07, 2018, 12:28:19 AM »
I was wrong.

Who knows?  I own it.  I've been the biggest Pearl detractor on this board.  His team have sucked and have been the most undisciplined bunch with zero direction as any program I've ever seen. Love him as a man, the face of the program, recruiter etc.  But, he has sucked to this point.  But hey...14-1.  I'll be the first to proclaim I was WRONG if this keeps up.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #110 on: January 07, 2018, 01:08:35 AM »
Who knows?  I own it.  I've been the biggest Pearl detractor on this board.  His team have sucked and have been the most undisciplined bunch with zero direction as any program I've ever seen. Love him as a man, the face of the program, recruiter etc.  But, he has sucked to this point.  But hey...14-1.  I'll be the first to proclaim I was WRONG if this keeps up.   

I'm pretty impressed that this team is the antithesis of pretty much any Auburn basketball team from the past 20 years, regardless of coach.  They play defense and are selfless with the pass. 

What's the diff?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #111 on: January 07, 2018, 01:49:32 AM »
I'm pretty impressed that this team is the antithesis of pretty much any Auburn basketball team from the past 20 years, regardless of coach.  They play defense and are selfless with the pass. 

What's the diff?

Great question. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2018, 02:46:18 AM »
The Tennessee team we nut kicked Tuesday in Knoxville laid the second half wood to Kentucky on the same floor today. 

That's all I got. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2018, 09:28:36 AM »
No sweat. I honestly believe that your posts are rarely read anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 03:45:03 PM by djsimp »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #115 on: January 07, 2018, 08:04:41 PM »
Auburn is ranked two spots ahead of Kentucky.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/rankings/top25/
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 08:08:08 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #117 on: January 08, 2018, 11:43:44 AM »
Rebounding Machine
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #118 on: January 09, 2018, 10:42:50 PM »
85-70 win over the Black Bears.  Fighting Pearls now 15-1.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #119 on: January 10, 2018, 12:34:13 AM »
85-70 win over the Black Bears.  Fighting Pearls now 15-1.
What impresses me is that this was a physical team that we would have folded to in the past after getting down. Was listening to Pearl afterwards and he really seems to "know" this team and they respond without panic.

We aren't throwing the ball away or throwing up prayers. Athletic enough to overcome our lack of heighth to rebound well.

Shared the ball, worked the paint, and knocked down free throws... everything we didn't do previously.
Great effort.

Don't want to get too giddy but this is a fun team to watch with only one senior on the squad.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 12:38:48 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions