Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

No More Excuses

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: No More Excuses
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2017, 11:25:01 AM »
Whatever he does, I don't think I've ever enjoyed watching anybody in an Auburn football uniform more than I enjoyed watching him.  I've never seen anybody who enjoyed playing in an Auburn uniform more than he did.  Whatever he is now, for the time he was in Auburn he loved us just as much as we loved him. 

Just like Dye did for me in the 80s, Cam Newton gave me hope.  I was lucky enough to be on the sidelines when he broke LSU in half.  There was a point in that game where he took a pretty hard hit down close to their endzone.  He laid there on the ground and my heart nearly stopped because it looked to me like he was injured and breathing funny.  I was afraid for a moment that he might be out.  And while he still laid there, he turned his head and I saw a huge smile.  Cam was laying there laughing.  I've never seen anything like it, before or since. 

I don't much care what he does as a pro.  I want him to be successful, though.  I want him to clown the NFL like he clowned the SEC.   

He's a petulant child. He makes bad decisions sometimes. He doesn't think things through.  Yeah, he's a petulant little kid no matter how old he is, but he's OUR petulant kid.  Just like any of my kids, I may dislike the way he acts and wish he'd do better, but I'm still going to love him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2017, 11:38:50 AM »
Whatever he does, I don't think I've ever enjoyed watching anybody in an Auburn football uniform more than I enjoyed watching him.  I've never seen anybody who enjoyed playing in an Auburn uniform more than he did.  Whatever he is now, for the time he was in Auburn he loved us just as much as we loved him. 

Just like Dye did for me in the 80s, Cam Newton gave me hope.  I was lucky enough to be on the sidelines when he broke LSU in half.  There was a point in that game where he took a pretty hard hit down close to their endzone.  He laid there on the ground and my heart nearly stopped because it looked to me like he was injured and breathing funny.  I was afraid for a moment that he might be out.  And while he still laid there, he turned his head and I saw a huge smile.  Cam was laying there laughing.  I've never seen anything like it, before or since. 

I don't much care what he does as a pro.  I want him to be successful, though.  I want him to clown the NFL like he clowned the SEC.   

He's a petulant child. He makes bad decisions sometimes. He doesn't think things through.  Yeah, he's a petulant little kid no matter how old he is, but he's OUR petulant kid.  Just like any of my kids, I may dislike the way he acts and wish he'd do better, but I'm still going to love him.
in all honesty, don’t you feel like this for Prowler as well?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2017, 11:54:31 AM »
in all honesty, don’t you feel like this for Prowler as well?

As you're well aware of, there's very little you post that's worthy of recognition.  But the interwebz have been won before lunch this fine Thursday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2017, 12:04:36 PM »
As you're well aware of, there's very little you post that's worthy of recognition.  But the interwebz have been won before lunch this fine Thursday.
Just trying to make peace. Deep down, K may feel this way.

I mean, really, really deep.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2017, 01:11:07 PM »
Hasn't been the same since he flipped the truck. I think that was a suicide attempt after he was stuck to stripper baby mama and was Von Miller's ass toy in the SB. Guy is unhinged. He's gonna do The Last Boy Scout Billy Blanks routine I fear.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2017, 01:37:32 PM »
Hasn't been the same since he flipped the truck. I think that was a suicide attempt after he was stuck to stripper baby mama and was Von Miller's ass toy in the SB. Guy is unhinged. He's gonna do The Last Boy Scout Billy Blanks routine I fear.

I could see Gus giving KJ a gun just to prove we can run up the middle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2017, 02:06:47 PM »
He scored the TD I don't see what the problem is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2017, 02:09:13 PM »
Maybe some of you guys are just jealous of Rollo:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2017, 02:40:28 PM »

You've said this twice.

You are just as wrong the second time as you were the first.   The wreck was before his breakout season.

Post-truck wreck?  Cam set records, was the NFL MVP, had more fun playing pro football than any man has a right to.  He was "live for the moment, don't waste a second" Cam.  Post-wreck he was as good as anybody in the league. 

After Denver punked him in a Super Bowl I'm sure he felt certain they would win, he got super pissed off and (somewhat rightfully) fed up with the media that was in the span of five minutes adoring him and cheering his collapse.  His team was a shell of itself last year, he was injured -- something he's never really had to deal with -- and other than going to Blinn and working his ass off to get back to AU he's never really faced adversity on the football field.  Now he is and it's not where he wants or expects to be.

It's a little like somebody proving to Superman that he's mortal.  He's not going to like it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2017, 03:50:36 PM »
Yeah, this adversity thing is getting to him.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2017, 03:52:38 PM »
To everyone in this thread but Kaos:

It's gonna take some kiddie diddling or something for me to ever write Cam off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2017, 03:54:02 PM »
And since he's all Black Power now, you know, standing up for minorities and the oppressed?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2017, 04:01:09 PM »
To everyone in this thread but Kaos:

It's gonna take some kiddie diddling or something for me to ever write Cam off.

Since I couldn't understand 3 words of that and got tired of watching after 30 seconds, I looked up the lyrics.  Here's most of the first verse.  You may have to clarify what any of this has to do with Cam.

I wasn't born last night
I know these hoes ain’t right
But you was blowning up her phone last night
But she ain’t have her ringer nor her ring on last night, oh
Nigga, that’s that nerve
Why give a bitch your heart
When she rather have a purse?
Why give a bitch your inch
When she rather have nine?
You know how the game goes
She be mine by half time, I’m the shit, oh
Nigga, that’s that nerve
You all about her, and she all about hers
Birdman Junior in this bitch, no flamingos
And I done did everything but trust these hoes
I wasn't born last night
Nigga, that’s that nerve
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2017, 04:13:49 PM »
Since I couldn't understand 3 words of that and got tired of watching after 30 seconds, I looked up the lyrics.  Here's most of the first verse.  You may have to clarify what any of this has to do with Cam.

I wasn't born last night
Nigga, that’s that nerve
Why give a bitch your heart
When she rather have a purse?
Why give a bitch your inch
When she rather have nine?
You know how the game goes
She be mine by half time, I’m the shit, oh
Nigga, that’s that nerve
You all about her, and she all about hers
Birdman Junior in this bitch, no flamingos
And I done did everything but trust these hoes
I wasn't born last night
Nigga, that’s that nerve
You hoes ain't loyal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2017, 04:17:56 PM »
I don't care if he pouts. I think the "sexist" comment about it being funny to hear a female talk about routes is way over blown in our ultra-sensitive PC culture and would have AT WORST received an eyeroll or two and everyone would have immediately moved on and not given a shit five years ago.

The black power fist bumps me, but mainly just because it's so unlike him and I guess he got caught up in all the kneeling bullshit and followed suit. Which itself is unlike him.

Prior to that, the biggest controversy was being eviscerated by black twitter as an Uncle Tom and a Coon for saying he didn't think he was discriminated against for his race and thinks his race is irrelevant. So, again, to me it's just weird more than it is disappointing or anything. If it were another player I otherwise liked, but that were his schtick and I expected it, it probably wouldn't bother me at all.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 04:30:33 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2017, 04:20:59 PM »
It's a bunch of meh to me.  Has he said and done some stupid shit...yeah so has Barkley.

He doesn't speak for me, so I don't really care.  Still love Cam. 

People aren't perfect and neither are our heroes.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 04:22:55 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2017, 04:41:32 PM »
he's never really faced adversity on the football field.  Now he is and it's not where he wants or expects to be.

I think this sums up why he acts the way he does (right or wrong)/.  I can totally see that and him acting the way he does.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2017, 04:47:34 PM »
Fuck sake.  There have been thousands that have come into the NFL and had careers after experiencing pretty much nothing but success and winning all their lives before that.  You serious Clark? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2017, 05:05:46 PM »
Fuck sake.  There have been thousands that have come into the NFL and had careers after experiencing pretty much nothing but success and winning all their lives before that.  You serious Clark?
GF, I hate to go here but  I’m going to be surprised and disappointed if you let him get away with talking to you this way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2017, 05:18:17 PM »
GF, I hate to go here but  I’m going to be surprised and disappointed if you let him get away with talking to you this way.

I'll break it off proppa', bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions