Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

No More Excuses

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: No More Excuses
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2017, 08:06:55 PM »
I'll break it off proppa', bitch.

And watch out when he starts cutting a bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2017, 09:33:42 PM »
Here's the thing.  I want all former AU athletes to succeed in whatever sport they're in.  I pull for them.  I follow them.  But honestly, I don't have this blind faith that some of you have just because they're "One of our own."  Yes, Cam gave us all a one year thrill ride that culminated in one of the most satisfying wins in AU history (28-27 at BDS) and a long awaited MNC one January night in Arizona.  I think we'll all be forever grateful for that.  And guess what?  If he comes back to a game at Auburn and they recognize him, I'll be right there cheering with the rest of you for what he did for good ole State U.

But the difference for me is, I don't give the man a free pass for the rest of his professional career, where he's gone from a 1-year/$180K deal to being one of the richest men in America, just because he played at Auburn. And that's exactly what you guys are doing. Cam is one of the highest profile athletes in the world.  He's getting his shit pushed in, and rightfully so, by every sports media outlet and caller after caller to sports talk shows.  And the truth of the matter is if he wasn't an Auburn man, we'd have a page or two dedicated to ripping this rich, spoiled, pouty ass, self-aggrandizing QB for Carolina, and he'd rarely be mentioned again.

If any other athlete acted this way, this many times, you'd write him off in a heartbeat.  But as Chad alluded to, it'd take him being a pedophile for some to speak ill of Cammy Cam.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2017, 10:04:31 PM »
Fuck sake.  There have been thousands that have come into the NFL and had careers after experiencing pretty much nothing but success and winning all their lives before that.  You serious Clark?

Not to the level he did. 

We knew he was a clown before. The crazy shit he did after beating Alabama?

But he was our clown. Making our dreams come true. 

I’m a man. I’m 40 (and more).  Cam Newton gave me something I thought I’d never live to see.  He took me to Arizona. I stood there in the desert and cried.  If I had died that night I would have died happy. 

The man could take a shit in one of his big ridiculous hats and plop it on Roger Goodell’s head every Sunday. I won’t care. 

I’m still going to pull for him to be successful because he’s ours. And because it pisses bama fans off so much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2017, 10:27:21 PM »
Not to the level he did. 

We knew he was a clown before. The crazy shit he did after beating Alabama?

But he was our clown. Making our dreams come true. 

I’m a man. I’m 40 (and more).  Cam Newton gave me something I thought I’d never live to see.  He took me to Arizona. I stood there in the desert and cried.  If I had died that night I would have died happy. 

The man could take a shit in one of his big ridiculous hats and plop it on Roger Goodell’s head every Sunday. I won’t care. 

I’m still going to pull for him to be successful because he’s ours. And because it pisses bama fans off so much.

I can live with it.   :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2017, 10:46:47 PM »
I agree with K above with regard to the magic carpet ride he took us on in 2010.  As I said above, we all owe him a debt of gratitude for that.

I guess my thing is this.  While yes, I really want all AU athletes to kick ass at the next level, I start focusing more on the team I pull for than individuals. Or better yet, the individuals on the teams I pull for.  I've always followed the NFL, NBA and MLB.  This year, I'm doing my part in staying away from the NFL for reasons I feel very strongly about.  But, I'll come back.  Maybe some of you won't. That's fine.  I will.  I like foosballz too much.  And I've never been shy about pulling for the Dirty Birds.  Loveable losers?  Chokers?  Yep.  But they're my chokers.

Here's where it's different.  I love me some Julio.  Hated him at Bama because....well....it's Bama.  But he's a Falcon now and he's one of the most incredible athletes in the league.  Watched the guy in person catch an insane amount of passes twice in the Georgia Dome.  Good guy off the field.  Would rather be bass fishing than anywhere else.  Let's put it this way.  My hatred for him as a Bama player didn't carry over to his pro career anymore than my blind faith in all things Cam did as a pro.  Yeah, I probably would overlook more things from ex-AU players.  But I tend to look at all players as pros and base my man-love/hate more on what they do at this level.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2017, 12:02:01 AM »
I agree with K above with regard to the magic carpet ride he took us on in 2010.  As I said above, we all owe him a debt of gratitude for that.

I guess my thing is this.  While yes, I really want all AU athletes to kick ass at the next level, I start focusing more on the team I pull for than individuals. Or better yet, the individuals on the teams I pull for.  I've always followed the NFL, NBA and MLB.  This year, I'm doing my part in staying away from the NFL for reasons I feel very strongly about.  But, I'll come back.  Maybe some of you won't. That's fine.  I will.  I like foosballz too much.  And I've never been shy about pulling for the Dirty Birds.  Loveable losers?  Chokers?  Yep.  But they're my chokers.

Here's where it's different.  I love me some Julio.  Hated him at Bama because....well....it's Bama.  But he's a Falcon now and he's one of the most incredible athletes in the league.  Watched the guy in person catch an insane amount of passes twice in the Georgia Dome.  Good guy off the field.  Would rather be bass fishing than anywhere else.  Let's put it this way.  My hatred for him as a Bama player didn't carry over to his pro career anymore than my blind faith in all things Cam did as a pro.  Yeah, I probably would overlook more things from ex-AU players.  But I tend to look at all players as pros and base my man-love/hate more on what they do at this level.   

Mine did.  Fuck that Gremlin looking freak. 

And Mark Ingram can DIAGF.  (The 'G' is for garbage.)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2017, 07:56:45 AM »
he's gone from a 1-year/$180K deal

Fuck that.

I love me some Julio.  Hated him at Bama because....well....it's Bama.  But he's a Falcon now and he's one of the most incredible athletes in the league.  Watched the guy in person catch an insane amount of passes twice in the Georgia Dome.  Good guy off the field.  Would rather be bass fishing than anywhere else.  Let's put it this way.  My hatred for him as a Bama player didn't carry over to his pro career anymore than my blind faith in all things Cam did as a pro.  Yeah, I probably would overlook more things from ex-AU players.  But I tend to look at all players as pros and base my man-love/hate more on what they do at this level.   

And double-fuck all of that.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2017, 09:31:38 AM »
Fuck sake.  There have been thousands that have come into the NFL and had careers after experiencing pretty much nothing but success and winning all their lives before that.  You serious Clark?
Never said it was right. Just that I think that's what he is.  You forget he's still a fucking millennial. 

Bottom line to me is what K said.  I don't care for the way he has acted especially the Hand in the air salute, but he's still an Auburn man, and I will support him (until he tries to sell our recruits to an agent).

I don't bail on people because they have an opinion I don't like or do foolish things.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2017, 09:36:33 AM »
Fuck all bama players in the NFL.

He's getting his shit pushed in, and rightfully so, by every sports media outlet and caller after caller to sports talk shows.  And the truth of the matter is if he wasn't an Auburn man, we'd have a page or two dedicated to ripping this rich, spoiled, pouty ass, self-aggrandizing QB for Carolina, and he'd rarely be mentioned again.

Here's the thing Snags, I hate the media and the talking heads way more than an individual athlete so I don't really care what they say about Cam.  He also isn't the first one to shun the media...see Marshawn Lynch...see Bill Belichick. 

and again no ones perfect.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2017, 09:40:15 AM »

I don't bail on people because they have an opinion I don't like or do foolish things.
I know you wouldn’t say this but it is incredibly ironic that this directly applies to the poster that you were responding to. As a matter of fact, if he keeps it up with The troublemaking, I think you should go ahead and post the pictures. The naked ones.

On second thought, wait until after lunch. I don’t want to ruin it on Friday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2017, 10:02:29 AM »
Fuck all bama players in the NFL.

Here's the thing Snags, I hate the media and the talking heads way more than an individual athlete so I don't really care what they say about Cam.  He also isn't the first one to shun the media...see Marshawn Lynch...see Bill Belichick. 

and again no ones perfect.

But you know exactly what you're getting with Bellychick.  He hates everyone and has never strayed from being an asshole.  Same with Lynch.  He doesn't talk to the media.  Period.  And by the way, aren't millennials the main ones that have pushed the whole issue of never degrading a woman.  That's funny. A woman asking me a question about my receiver.   

As for shunning the media, Mr. Newton only does it when he's pouting.  Which happens a lot.  But when things are going good, he's got the biggest grin in the room.  Loves him some camera time.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 10:04:47 AM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2017, 10:10:02 AM »

But you know exactly what you're getting with Bellychick.  He hates everyone and has never strayed from being an asshole.  Same with Lynch.  He doesn't talk to the media.  Period.  And by the way, aren't millennials the main ones that have pushed the whole issue of never degrading a woman.  That's funny. A woman asking me a question about my receiver.   

As for shunning the media, Mr. Newton only does it when he's pouting.  Which happens a lot.  But when things are going good, he's got the biggest grin in the room.  Loves him some camera time.

Don't disagree with any of that.  Again he's still my boy.

Charles visited prostitutes and got caught, he is still my boy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2017, 10:13:35 AM »

You leave Chuck out of this.  And I can't believe you'd hold it against a man for trying to tap a little sumpn' sumpn'.  He's on the road a lot.  Lonely hotel rooms.  Long nights.  Gotta' deal with Shaq and Kenny all the time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2017, 10:16:36 AM »
Why should former Alabama players in the NFL bother grown up Auburn fans?

There is no rational reason to begrudge a former college athlete based on the school he/she attended.

Get a grip!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2017, 10:23:02 AM »

There is no rational reason to begrudge a former college athlete based on the school he/she attended.

Get a grip!

You tell em' jmar.  As long as former Bama players kick the touchdowns and score the field goals for my favorite team, they're my boyz.  Now Mark Ingram is a former Bama Ewok douche bag.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2017, 10:37:26 AM »

I’m not sure that explanation of your rationale and reasoning are going to reach him. I honestly think you are wasting your breath.

Why don’t you just kick him in the nuts? Scratch that.

I’ll think of something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2017, 10:38:46 AM »
You tell em' jmar.  As long as former Bama players kick the touchdowns and score the field goals for my favorite team, they're my boyz.  Now Mark Ingram is a former Bama Ewok douche bag.
Yes.
Yes he is, there are exceptions.

Honestly there are only a handful that I had any disdain for and it was because they strung our program along through the recruiting process only to go elsewhere-namely Tuscaloosa.
But by the time they leave that school my hate meter doesn't register anymore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2017, 10:43:31 AM »
Yes.
Yes he is, there are exceptions.

Honestly there are only a handful that I had any disdain for and it was because they strung our program along through the recruiting process only to go elsewhere-namely Tuscaloosa.
But by the time they leave that school my hate meter doesn't register anymore.
^^^This. There are lots of posters on here that I hate more than former Bama players.

And one that I hate even more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2017, 10:54:43 AM »
I reconcile hating Bama players on my team thusly.

If Mark Ingram breaks loose for a big gain or scores a touchdown, great. Golf Clap.

:kimclap:

If Alvin Kamara does the same instead, I'm 10x as happy.

:boom: :wave: :dance2:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2017, 11:01:59 AM »

Get a grip!

I fucking hate almost every single one of the cheating bastards.  I freely and gladly hope they crash and burn in the league.  Don't forget, they still hate us too. So fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck them.  Steroid, cash money whores. 

Trent Richardson?  Fuck that peanut butter eating fool and his 8000 rental cars. 
Julio?  Gremlins suck. Hose it down.
Ingram?  Can't remember a punk ass so-called pro I've ever loathed more than his sorry ass. 
That big stupid ass gooney goob Fluker fuck?  Overrated piece of washed up Katrina shit.  Fuck him.

Even if they're on a team I like, I want them to fail personally. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions