Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Home Stretch

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Home Stretch
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2017, 02:12:47 PM »
Sounds like Auburn needs a real WR coach.

That’ll be the day. Yeah, right.

As if AU would hire a black WR coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2017, 02:15:41 PM »
I'm expecting 8-4 with a win in College Station, but I'll still be displeased with Gus if (when) he drops games to our three biggest rivals plus Clemson, who might as well be 4th.

Sorry,right now we are not a rival to any of them.

Noun 1. rivalry - the act of competing as for profit or a prize rivalry - the act of competing as for profit or a prize; "the teams were in fierce contention for first place"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2017, 02:32:54 PM »
Yeah, the drops are getting to be frustrating big time.  I don't know what the answer is.  My big ass has only played WR in David Dunbar's back yard where I often dominated by catching pass after pass just past the last azalea bush, which served as the goal line. 

Yes, in your face.

But how hard could it be?  Most of these guys played WR in high school.  They go through summer workouts, which include working with the QB's and probably catching hundreds of passes.  They practice just about every day through the Fall camp and then during the season.  I know they're doing all kinds of specific drills. I've seen them.  These kids have literally caught thousands and thousands of passes.  It should be second nature

I'm not defending Burns here, but what could he possibly be doing wrong?  I'm sure there's plenty of technique involved but would this just be more of a concentration issue? We get pissed at Kodi but I'm fairly certain his instructions don't go like this:

"You need to close your eyes just before the ball gets there.  And try holding your hands farther apart.  No, wider than that.  Yeah, about two feet apart.  It'll be fine. Just use the force."     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2017, 02:45:01 PM »
Yeah, the drops are getting to be frustrating big time.  I don't know what the answer is.  My big ass has only played WR in David Dunbar's back yard where I often dominated by catching pass after pass just past the last azalea bush, which served as the goal line. 

Yes, in your face.

But how hard could it be?  Most of these guys played WR in high school.  They go through summer workouts, which include working with the QB's and probably catching hundreds of passes.  They practice just about every day through the Fall camp and then during the season.  I know they're doing all kinds of specific drills. I've seen them.  These kids have literally caught thousands and thousands of passes.  It should be second nature

I'm not defending Burns here, but what could he possibly be doing wrong?  I'm sure there's plenty of technique involved but would this just be more of a concentration issue? We get pissed at Kodi but I'm fairly certain his instructions don't go like this:

"You need to close your eyes just before the ball gets there.  And try holding your hands farther apart.  No, wider than that.  Yeah, about two feet apart.  It'll be fine. Just use the force."   
This has been hashed and rehashed on here.

YOU CANT COACH HOW TO CATCH A BALL.

Prowler played in college.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2017, 02:49:43 PM »

Yes, in your face.

Well, the competition wasn't all that much back in the day.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 03:46:13 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2017, 02:56:59 PM »
I'm thinking we need a big jar of rice and some batteries.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2017, 02:59:41 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2017, 03:50:52 PM »

Fred could teach them a thing or two about stickum.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2017, 04:35:28 PM »
So you are OK with Slayton's 8 or 9 dropped passes the last two games? All passes that hit him in the hands? Two in the LSU game that could have changed the game! Oh. And in that same game, a dropped pass to Sal that would have been a first down at the end of the game. All of these drops are OK?

Then that settles it, KB is a great WR coach and the WRs are doing just fine. No more bitching about the WRs y'all!
No I am not ok but if you are going to use him as a wide receiver you need to throw to him. That said,
I never mentioned Slayton's stone hands, but Canella with slightly fewer drops and opportunities.
Nothing is settled for me as long as we have Gus Malzahn meddling with Lindsey.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 04:53:04 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2017, 08:21:19 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2017, 08:49:09 PM »
This has been hashed and rehashed on here.

YOU CANT COACH HOW TO CATCH A BALL.

Prowler played in college.
Yes, yes you can. I agree, there should be a remedial football page for folks like WT.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2017, 01:38:17 AM »
Guess what gang?
Kodi can attend coaching clinics and watch You Tube videos teaching athletic-type kids how to catch more better.
All is not lost.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 01:42:22 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2017, 08:49:40 AM »
Guess what gang?
Kodi can attend coaching clinics and watch You Tube videos teaching athletic-type kids how to catch more better.
All is not lost.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2017, 09:10:57 AM »

GH and GF are better at untangling jmar’s coded messages but I must say that the brown derby pie isn’t shaved ice on Friday. It’s a go for the bacon shoe and your gum balls being sticky.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2017, 09:14:34 AM »
GH and GF are better at untangling jmar’s coded messages but I must say that the brown derby pie isn’t shaved ice on Friday. It’s a go for the bacon shoe and your gum balls being sticky.

That would be true except for the egg plant over there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2017, 09:17:20 AM »
Aah...grapefruit chewys
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2017, 11:26:22 AM »
Kodi Burns is a helluva coach.
That's all you need to know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2017, 01:16:30 PM »
Quote from: Chizad
I'm expecting
Congratulations.

He's gonna be a soccer player...he is ...he is!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2017, 01:17:27 PM »
I think we lose to aTm, JawJaw and bammer
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2017, 01:22:47 PM »
I think we lose to aTm, JawJaw and bammer

If we lose cause of shitty play calling, Gus should be given a coach ticket on Spirit airlines with 3 stops and 2 hour lay overs at each stop for his ride home.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions