Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Home Stretch

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Home Stretch
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2017, 11:20:00 PM »
No clue. We know Steele has to discuss adjustments with his guys.

The worst for me is when we are moving the ball and get stopped inside the ten. This is when we go full on wildcat, meaning passing is off the table and we are very likely to kick a field goal.

Most teams will try a little fade to the corner. I would follow that with a pick play but no...we have to line up and run three straight off tackle runs. And if we fail Malzahn has this screwy smirk on his face as if the offense failed him as he signals for the FG team.

He sets limits that can only be realized against weak teams.
Better coached, more talented opponents are going to force a field goal over the out manned.
He just doesn't get it.
Someone should get a message to Gus and Lindsey that when we get in the redzone, it's the perfect time to use the TEs. Everytime we get down there, I say "throw it to Harris, he'll be wide open, because defenses haven't covered our TEs in years"...then they hand the ball off for a 2 yard gain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2017, 11:48:35 PM »
Someone should get a message to Gus and Lindsey that when we get in the redzone, it's the perfect time to use the TEs. Everytime we get down there, I say "throw it to Harris, he'll be wide open, because defenses haven't covered our TEs in years"...then they hand the ball off for a 2 yard gain.
It really is that evident.
Maybe if we fly a plane overhead with a fucking banner they might...Lindsey might see it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2017, 09:50:47 AM »
I love to see the TE involved in passing too. Maybe we will utilize him when needed most, against thugs and Bama.

Like you say, it’s been many moons. I remember Buster Brown suprisingly targeting the TE a few times for big gains. I don’t know about Harris’ hands but it f not mistaken he has a few catches this season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2017, 10:03:52 AM »
Sal Cannella has 3 catches on the season for 31 yards.  Harris hasn't caught a pass.  Can't recall them even throwing one his way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2017, 10:14:47 AM »
Sal Cannella has 3 catches on the season for 31 yards.  Harris hasn't caught a pass.  Can't recall them even throwing one his way.
Like I said, I think I recall Harris having a few catches. Didn’t say when it was. Could’ve been in warm ups.

The only reason you came on here was to dispute my post. You are an instigator and asshole.

I was simply making conversation for the good of the board. Something you know little of. Giving.

But you know how to receive alright.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2017, 10:21:14 AM »
Like I said, I think I recall Harris having a few catches. Didn’t say when it was. Could’ve been in warm ups.

The only reason you came on here was to dispute my post. You are an instigator and asshole.

I was simply making conversation for the good of the board. Something you know little of. Giving.

But you know how to receive alright.

Stop being an butthole.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2017, 10:42:19 AM »
That used to be the meat department manager at Kroger. Didn’t know Sal played football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2017, 10:46:25 AM »
Cannella also has at least 3 drops on the season for 0 yards.
Harris looked really good at Arkansas, coming in motion and blocking for the zone read play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2017, 10:56:41 AM »
Cannella also has at least 3 drops on the season for 0 yards.
Harris looked really good at Arkansas, coming in motion and blocking for the zone read play.
If this drop play has made 0 yards in three attempts, it goes to show the idiocy in continuing to call the play.

“Sal drop play one clap my hands, ready, break!” (It was a quick huddle)

Why in the world would anyone call for a dropped pass anyway?

Gus is a dipshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2017, 11:03:49 AM »
If this drop play has made 0 yards in three attempts, it goes to show the idiocy in continuing to call the play.

“Sal drop play one clap my hands, ready, break!” (It was a quick huddle)

Why in the world would anyone call for a dropped pass anyway?

Gus is a dipshoot.
I don't know...I have a feeling that sugar huddle drop on 1 is going to work soon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2017, 11:19:38 AM »
Sal has caught a couple of passes. I know he had one against Clemson. But he has dropped several more.

Harris has been targeted ONE time...a TE screen. Terrible play that was blown up and Stidham overthrew him from ten feet away..
Nothing since. We will wait till 10 seconds left in the bammer game down by 21 and hit Harris in the endzone for a score!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2017, 11:28:33 AM »
Sal has caught a couple of passes. I know he had one against Clemson. But he has dropped several more.

Harris has been targeted ONE time...a TE screen. Terrible play that was blown up and Stidham overthrew him from ten feet away..
Nothing since. We will wait till 10 seconds left in the bammer game down by 21 and hit Harris in the endzone for a score!
I don't care if they drop a ball. Keep throwing it to them. Hell they don't know how to act because they never get anything their way. Just an incomplete pass, not like a fumble.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2017, 11:31:54 AM »
Question for those paying attention. Does this offense even use a TE in the traditional sense?  I always see Cannella lined up in the slot or out wide, which it seems to me would make him nothing more than a big WR.  I always think of the TE as someone usually lined up tight in the formation and slipping out in the flat or finding an open area in the coverage. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2017, 11:39:42 AM »
Question for those paying attention. Does this offense even use a TE in the traditional sense?  I always see Cannella lined up in the slot or out wide, which it seems to me would make him nothing more than a big WR.  I always think of the TE as someone usually lined up tight in the formation and slipping out in the flat or finding an open area in the coverage.
Have you guys ever thought about how it would be nice to have a remedial board for members that don’t know very much about football?

This would free up space and stop wasting my valuable time with dumb questions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2017, 11:43:27 AM »
We do it traditional from a blocking standpoint.
When a safety comes up that should make the TE third option at worst. Most college LBs suck at coverage so I don't know why we don't take advantage of this.

WT, care to opine?

...as if he wouldn't anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2017, 11:46:19 AM »
We do it traditional from a blocking standpoint.
When a safety comes up that should make the TE third option at worst. Most college LBs suck at coverage so I don't know why we don't take advantage of this.

WT, care to opine?

...as if he wouldn't anyway.
Too busy. But that was a good explanation in layman’s terms jmar.

Not bad for someone who knows so little.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2017, 11:54:03 AM »
Too busy. But that was a good explanation in layman’s terms jmar.

Not bad for someone who knows so little.
I liked watching Mackey and Ditka back in the day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2017, 01:41:05 PM »
I don't care if they drop a ball. Keep throwing it to them. Hell they don't know how to act because they never get anything their way. Just an incomplete pass, not like a fumble.

So you are OK with Slayton's 8 or 9 dropped passes the last two games? All passes that hit him in the hands? Two in the LSU game that could have changed the game! Oh. And in that same game, a dropped pass to Sal that would have been a first down at the end of the game. All of these drops are OK?

Then that settles it, KB is a great WR coach and the WRs are doing just fine. No more bitching about the WRs y'all!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2017, 01:59:33 PM »
I'm expecting 8-4 with a win in College Station, but I'll still be displeased with Gus if (when) he drops games to our three biggest rivals plus Clemson, who might as well be 4th.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2017, 02:01:16 PM »
So you are OK with Slayton's 8 or 9 dropped passes the last two games? All passes that hit him in the hands? Two in the LSU game that could have changed the game! Oh. And in that same game, a dropped pass to Sal that would have been a first down at the end of the game. All of these drops are OK?

Then that settles it, KB is a great WR coach and the WRs are doing just fine. No more bitching about the WRs y'all!
Sounds like Auburn needs a real WR coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions