Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

First Scrimmage

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
First Scrimmage
« on: August 07, 2017, 02:47:07 PM »
Sounds like defense dominated. The next Heisman winner threw two picks including a pick-6.

Been hearing really really good things about Dean. Heard he was a stud. Been kept out last two years with injuries, but players speak highly of him. Really nice size corner with a ton of speed.

Sounds like o-line needs to gel. Starting o-line looks like 5 seniors from what I have read.

Auburn ran “around 100 plays” in the scrimmage, per Gus Malzahn. The run-pass split was close to 50-50, which is what we heard during the spring scrimmages with offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey.
    The defense “won” the scrimmage against the offense when it came to first team vs. first team. The first-team offense only scored one rushing touchdown, and Darrell Williams said it was because the offense completed a long passing play that should’ve been ruled a sack for Williams.
    Jarrett Stidham threw a pair of interceptions, with one of them returned for a touchdown by Jamel Dean. The sophomore defensive back was one of the stars of the session and lined up at first-team cornerback.
    Stidham and Sean White rotated with the first- and second-team offenses. Malik Willis mostly played with the third team.
    Tray Matthews had the biggest hit of practice on walk-on running back C.J. Tolbert.
    The first-team defensive line won the battle at the line of scrimmage, getting Stidham and White for multiple sacks.
    Auburn held out Kamryn Pettway and Kerryon Johnson from the scrimmage. The Tigers are still searching for the No. 3 running back and want to keep Pettway and Johnson from contact.
    True freshman running back Devan Barrett got 10 carries and a few receptions out of the backfield. He’s still very much in the mix for that No. 3 job.
    Sophomore defensive end Marlon Davidson did not practice. Malzahn expects him to be back at practice soon.
    True freshman linebacker T.D. Moultry and junior defensive tackle Andrew Williams remained out.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 02:49:02 PM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

Re: First Scrimmage
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 02:56:02 PM »
From Gus:

Click refresh, will continue to update...

** Scrimmaged in stadium. Started out with live field goal, field goal block. Worked a lot of OL to build depth and choose starters for special teams.

** Did live punt and punt return. Very competitive.

** No. 1 defense had a very good day today in scrimmage. Very good against run.

** Held out veteran running backs. Kam Martin, C.J. Tolbert, Malik Miller got most of reps. Devan Barrett and JaTarvious Whitlow also got reps.

** All three quarterbacks did a solid job at times.

** Got to see where team was from mental toughness standpoint. Hot and humid, had to push through.

** Had a few too many penalties.

** T.D. Moultry and Andrew Williams didn't play today but will be back soon.

** Kamryn Pettway and Kerryon Johnson are both healthy. Wanted to see younger guys today for competition at No. 3 RB.

** Scrimmage went more than 100 plays.

** Sal Cannella is a tough guy, brings an edge. Thats' what has stood out the most about him.

** Austin Golson has played some guard and some tackle. Starting center right now.

** Everybody else scrimmaged other than Pettway and Kerryon.

** Will have a second scrimmage on Saturday.

** Kyle Davis is starting to get back in shape. Very competent player. Got to continue to improve. Like where he's at after missing spring.

** Physical scrimmage. A few guys banged up. Nothing serious.

** Marlon Davidson did not scrimmage. Will miss a couple of days.

** Nick Coe got thrown in fire today.

** Pass rush today was overall pretty good.

** Pretty basic scrimmage. Neither defense or offense did a lot of exotic stuff.

** Next Saturday's scrimmage will be big for quarterbacks, then we'll see where we're at.

*****THAT'S ALL****
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 03:59:34 PM »
I'll be at the scrimmage Saturday.  And, I'll try to get some shower shots for you guys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 04:20:03 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 08:06:55 AM »
Anybody know how many snaps at QB Chandler Cox got?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 08:26:19 AM »
So apparently, the QB who threw the INT's was Sean White, but whatever. It didn't change my opinion that Stidham is going to be the man this year anyway...

« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 08:30:42 AM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 08:28:10 AM »
So apparently, the QB who threw the INT's was Sean White, but whatever. It didn't change my opinion that Stidham is going to be the man this year anyway...

Link?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 08:32:59 AM »
Link?

It was reported by Bryan Matthews last night on Rivals.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 10:15:02 AM »
It was reported by Bryan Matthews last night on Rivals.

So did the fake news reporter who reported it was stidham retract it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2017, 10:22:20 AM »
So did the fake news reporter who reported it was stidham retract it?

From my understanding, the got the info from a player's quote. Apparently, a source said that it was in fact Sean that threw the INT's, and that the player was mistaken.

I don't know. Don't really care. #stidhamforheisman
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 10:41:07 AM »
From my understanding, the got the info from a player's quote. Apparently, a source said that it was in fact Sean that threw the INT's, and that the player was mistaken.

al.com is standing by it.  Stidham sucks.  Prepare thy anus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2017, 10:57:44 AM »
Just means we've got one hell of a defense.

Glass half full and all that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2017, 12:34:32 PM »
My report are saying that SW may not be as healed as we think. So that may translate to Stidham starting and SW coming in if Stidham gets hurt.
This scenario would not bother me at all. If true, SW needs to heal completely. And this may give him time just in case he is needed. I would hate to start him knowing that he definitely will not make it the whole way and then only have Stidham.

This is all conjecture though!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2017, 01:00:00 PM »
My report are saying that SW may not be as healed as we think. So that may translate to Stidham starting and SW coming in if Stidham gets hurt.
This scenario would not bother me at all. If true, SW needs to heal completely. And this may give him time just in case he is needed. I would hate to start him knowing that he definitely will not make it the whole way and then only have Stidham.

This is the scenario I'm hoping for. I've also heard Willis is playing really well.  Hoping nothing happens where he would have to burn his redshirt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2017, 01:37:45 PM »

No offense but your intel is wrong. Sean's shoulder is fine. At this point if he loses the QB battle it's because Stidham beat him.

No info on the interception thing, not that it matters.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 01:40:33 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2017, 01:51:30 PM »
My reports are saying that SW may not be as healed as we think anywhere near god-like as Stidham is. So that may translate to Stidham starting and SW coming in if Stidham gets hurt.
This scenario would not bother me at all. If true, SW needs to heal gain more talent completely. And this may give him time just in case he is needed. I would hate to start him knowing that he definitely will not make it the whole way and then only have Stidham is inadequate to Stidham in every way.

Fixt

#stidhamforheisman
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 01:54:21 PM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2017, 01:57:42 PM »
No offense but your intel is wrong. Sean's shoulder is fine. At this point if he loses the QB battle it's because Stidham beat him.

You heard it here first, folks.  Straight from White's personal fluffer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2017, 02:20:55 PM »
Latest dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth. piece entitled:

"What to make of Jarrett Stidham's struggles in Auburn's 1st scrimmage."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2017, 02:43:08 PM »

My comment was more a shot at the media. Hard to believe anything anymore.

So after the dust has settled who threw the Ints?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2017, 02:43:39 PM »

If its fine, then it healed up wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.