Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Five things

chinook

Re: Five things
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2017, 11:18:21 AM »
I've said several times that if you could assure me that White would be healthy for the entire season, I'd be pretty pumped about this season.  I quit reading anything into Spring games a long time ago, especially when it comes to the QB.  If you're half way competent, you can stand there and make most of the throws without any pressure on you.  The one thing I took from watching Stidham is that he absolutely throws the purdiest passes I've ever seen at AU.  Quick release, accurate, and great touch on every throw.  But who knows what that will look like when Arden Key is bringing his 6'6" ass off the corner with bad intentions in Baton Rude?

The good thing is we at least have a body of work to look at with both these guys.  When Sean is healthy, we good. When Stidham got his shot at Baylor, he good.

I want to mash the like "button" but then I don't. 

A healthy Sean...is serviceable but he ain't winning us no championships.    Stidham...I like his chances. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2017, 11:31:46 AM »
Look Stidham may be the second coming of Jesus, but I don't trust Gus, I have been lead down that rabbit hole before.  Only to find out the rabbit done butt fucked me and stole all my lunch money.  (I was more upset he never called). 

I know that Sean White can win ballgames in the SEC.  I am pretty positive that Stidham will as well, but until I see a couple of games under his belt.  Like CCTAU said I will refrain from calling him a Heisman Trophy winner, sufficed to WE!!! splooging all over him.

I will also happily eat a bunch of crow if he ends up in New York the second weekend of December.

I don't think we are looking at a trip to New York but I think he will be better than what we expected JJ to be
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2017, 11:44:23 AM »
I want to mash the like "button" but then I don't. 

A healthy Sean...is serviceable but he ain't winning us no championships.    Stidham...I like his chances.

I understand, but if you could go ahead and like it anyway, I'd appreciate it.  If I get 10 likes, I win a 2 night stay at one of several 3-star hotels in Panama City.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2017, 12:08:31 PM »
I understand, but if you could go ahead and like it anyway, I'd appreciate it.  If I get 10 likes, I win a 2 night stay at one of several 3-star hotels in Panama City.

We changed that policy it is a 2 star hotel in the Gate City area of lovely Birmingham
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2017, 12:09:16 PM »
A healthy Sean...is serviceable but he ain't winning us no championships.
Because?

I'm trying to see what you think y'all see in Sean, but all I see is coaches shitty play calling and a kids who's hands were tied. 

Look a QB is also only as good as the parts around him.  Does Sean need Pettway...yes.  So does Stidham. 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 12:12:25 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2017, 12:19:10 PM »
Because?

I'm trying to see what you think y'all see in Sean, but all I see is coaches shitty play calling and a kids who's hands were tied. 

Look a QB is also only as good as the parts around him.  Does Sean need Pettway...yes.  So does Stidham.

Agree.  When healthy, I'll take either with a lean towards White as the known commodity.

And give me more Malik Willis.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2017, 12:20:08 PM »
We changed that policy it is a 2 star hotel in the Gate City area of lovely Birmingham

Whoa, seriously?  Don't think I'm not jumping on that.  Know where any good karaoke bars are in the area?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2017, 12:21:10 PM »
Agree.  When healthy, I'll take either with a lean towards White as the known commodity.

And give me more Malik Willis.

I'm telling you, fellas, you're gonna' want that Malik Willis.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2017, 12:23:25 PM »
Because?

Sean is a good player and I agree his problem was mostly play calling. I just think Stidham (from what I can tell so far) has more God given talent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2017, 12:27:48 PM »
Sean is a good player and I agree his problem was mostly play calling. I just think Stidham (from what I can tell so far) has more God given talent.

Well being taller is certainly a bonus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2017, 12:51:01 PM »
Well.... we're fucked already. 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20213624/auburn-tigers-coach-gus-malzahn-says-qb-competition-good-thing

AUBURN, Ala. -- Auburn coach Gus Malzahn boils his latest quarterback battle down to one determining factor: Who gives the Tigers the best chance to win?

While former Baylor starter Jarrett Stidham seems like the front-runner, Malzahn hasn't counted out incumbent Sean White. Either way, the Tigers are banking on improved quarterback play after dropping 16 games over the last three seasons.

"It's a good competition and there's nothing better than competition," Malzahn said after Monday's first practice of fall camp. "It just brings out the best in everybody. That's a really good thing right now, I think."

:facepalm:

Does he have to say this same shit every year?
THIS is why I'm glad we get the GA Southern warm-up game.

I know this is not what anyone wants to hear, but considering that that is our opener and Clemson is 2nd, it actually makes strategical sense to play QB carousel THIS time. Gives them another variable to game plan for.

That being said, I would hope the "true" #1 (*coughStidhamcoughcough*) is getting all of his regimen of reps with the 1s at practice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2017, 12:51:56 PM »
I'm telling you, fellas, you're gonna' want that Malik Willis.

Cock of the walk, baby!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2017, 01:23:58 PM »

Please be the Birmingham Motel...please be the Birmingham Motel...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2017, 02:16:04 PM »
Please be the Birmingham Motel...please be the Birmingham Motel...

Is that next to Sammy's?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2017, 02:24:15 PM »
THIS is why I'm glad we get the GA Southern warm-up game.

I know this is not what anyone wants to hear, but considering that that is our opener and Clemson is 2nd, it actually makes strategical sense to play QB carousel THIS time. Gives them another variable to game plan for.

That being said, I would hope the "true" #1 (*coughStidhamcoughcough*) is getting all of his regimen of reps with the 1s at practice.

Fuck that. Stidham plays and scores 70 points and Sean comes in for mop up duty the last drive of the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2017, 02:36:49 PM »
Fuck that. Stidham plays and scores 70 points and Sean comes in for mop up duty the last drive of the game.

I like the way you think sir
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Sidney Phillips

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2017, 02:43:59 PM »
No matter who wins the job, we'll have the best back up in the conference.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2017, 02:49:23 PM »
Because?

he's six foot nothing.

he's frail.

arm strength concerns...seems he puts all his might in yardage that doesn't require it.

lot of his passing yards come from screens and bubbles. 

don't trust his deep throw.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2017, 02:50:11 PM »

Willis!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2017, 02:50:39 PM »
Jalen Hurts scoffs at you
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.