Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Five things

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Five things
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2017, 02:54:57 PM »
he's six foot nothing.

he's frail.

arm strength concerns...seems he puts all his might in yardage that doesn't require it.

lot of his passing yards come from screens and bubbles. 

don't trust his deep throw.

Yeah, but I need specifics, man. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2017, 02:55:32 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2017, 02:57:11 PM »
Yeah, but I need specifics, man.

the reality of it...he's from Florida. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2017, 03:06:57 PM »
SIAP.  Wait, no I'm not.  This piece from 7-24 on the dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth. is why you can't count out White.  Actually, I just enjoyed the fact that they said ass three times in it.

Ken Mastrole expects these types of answers from Sean White.

"I've just got to go out and do it again," White said matter-of-factly to Mastrole recently. "I'm ready to go."

The redshirt junior understands that Jarrett Stidham is widely viewed as the favorite to win Auburn's starting quarterback job after joining the program in January. White has told people close to him he thinks the Baylor transfer is a very good quarterback.

But he is plenty confident in his own ability, feels he's grown from starting 16 games the last two seasons and believes he has what it takes to win the starting job. He's already looking forward to competing with Stidham when the Tigers begin fall camp in August.

"People shouldn't write him off at all," said Mastrole, White's long-time private quarterback coach. "He's a super competitive guy, one of the more competitive guys that I've ever been around, like one of those guys that you could kick his ass and he's going to get up and keep coming back at you. He's just a quarterback that brings something to the table that people, even since high school, they just know he's got that dog in him. And he's also dead-ass accurate."

"He's a guy that's very sharp, a relentless worker and very creative. I think he's a superstar. Whatever his goals are, whether it's to be at a top-10 college football program or a general manager in the NFL, wherever Patrick sets his sights, I have full confidence he's going to reach his goals. He's that special of a guy."

The situation is great for Auburn.

There aren't many other schools around the country with two quarterbacks as collectively talented as Stidham and White. Either way, the Tigers will have a backup that could be starting at other programs around the country.

Stidham showed his talent during Auburn's spring game, throwing for 267 yards despite only playing one half. White proved himself to be an efficient SEC quarterback last year before suffering a separated shoulder in a win against Ole Miss in October.

Auburn was 6-1 last season in the seven games White was healthy and played from start to finish. In those seven games, the former four-star recruit completed 71.5 percent of his passes (103 of 144) and threw eight touchdowns with just one interception.

White is now back healthy after being limited throughout the spring while recovering from the broken forearm he suffered early in Auburn's Sugar Bowl loss to Oklahoma. In addition to rehabbing and learning new offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey's offense, White has been focusing on getting bigger and stronger. He is up to 215 pounds after being listed last year at 200 pounds.

Though White only took part in 7-on-7 and 1-on-1 drills this spring, Tigers coach Gus Malzahn said of White on Wednesday, "You can tell he's improved."

Even after starting 10 games last year for the Tigers, White enters fall camp as the underdog. There isn't anywhere near the hype for White that there's been for Stidham this offseason. Former Baylor safeties coach Cris Dishman told AL.com Stidham is a "taller Drew Brees." Trenton Kirklin, Stidham's private coach, said he expects "nothing short of a championship and a Heisman" for Stidham's time at Auburn.

White doesn't have Stidham-like size or arm strength.

His strengths? Being "dead-ass accurate," as Mastrole said, along with mental toughness and a knack for thriving in big spots after being doubted.

Mastrole referenced three situations.

In 2013, White was named MVP of the Elite 11 quarterback camp over players such as former Clemson star Deshaun Watson, ex-Notre Dame standout DeShone Kizer and the top-ranked pro-style quarterback in their recruiting class (Kyle Allen). "Nobody wanted him at the Elite 11, and we're standing on a table trying to get him in," Mastrole said. "And then it was like 'OK, we're going to let him in,' and he wins the whole thing."

White was then MVP of the Under Armour All-American Game in January 2014 after being merely a replacement selection for the event.

Then, last year, White was widely overlooked in an Auburn quarterback competition that pitted him against a much-hyped junior college transfer in John Franklin III and then-senior Jeremy Johnson. White ended up winning the starting job and helped Auburn win six straight games following a 1-2 start before a November loss to Georgia during which the shoulder injury clearly limited White.

"I've been around a lot of quarterbacks," Mastrole said, "but he's always been one that you see his history and he's always been a winner, a last minute, chip on the shoulder kind of guy."

That's why White said what he did to Mastrole during that recent conversation, "I've just got to go out and do it again."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2017, 03:08:20 PM »
Mastrole. Sounds perverted.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2017, 03:10:23 PM »
Mastrole. Sounds perverted.

Scaramucci.  Bada-Bing Bada-Boom!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2017, 03:40:23 PM »
I took one thing from that article.  Sean is dead-ass accurate.
I'd prefer live-ass accurate though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2017, 03:41:47 PM »
SIAP.  Wait, no I'm not.  This piece from 7-24 on the dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth. is why you can't count out White.  Actually, I just enjoyed the fact that they said ass three times in it.

Ken Mastrole expects these types of answers from Sean White.

"I've just got to go out and do it again," White said matter-of-factly to Mastrole recently. "I'm ready to go."

The redshirt junior understands that Jarrett Stidham is widely viewed as the favorite to win Auburn's starting quarterback job after joining the program in January. White has told people close to him he thinks the Baylor transfer is a very good quarterback.

But he is plenty confident in his own ability, feels he's grown from starting 16 games the last two seasons and believes he has what it takes to win the starting job. He's already looking forward to competing with Stidham when the Tigers begin fall camp in August.

"People shouldn't write him off at all," said Mastrole, White's long-time private quarterback coach. "He's a super competitive guy, one of the more competitive guys that I've ever been around, like one of those guys that you could kick his ass and he's going to get up and keep coming back at you. He's just a quarterback that brings something to the table that people, even since high school, they just know he's got that dog in him. And he's also dead-ass accurate."

"He's a guy that's very sharp, a relentless worker and very creative. I think he's a superstar. Whatever his goals are, whether it's to be at a top-10 college football program or a general manager in the NFL, wherever Patrick sets his sights, I have full confidence he's going to reach his goals. He's that special of a guy."

The situation is great for Auburn.

There aren't many other schools around the country with two quarterbacks as collectively talented as Stidham and White. Either way, the Tigers will have a backup that could be starting at other programs around the country.

Stidham showed his talent during Auburn's spring game, throwing for 267 yards despite only playing one half. White proved himself to be an efficient SEC quarterback last year before suffering a separated shoulder in a win against Ole Miss in October.

Auburn was 6-1 last season in the seven games White was healthy and played from start to finish. In those seven games, the former four-star recruit completed 71.5 percent of his passes (103 of 144) and threw eight touchdowns with just one interception.

White is now back healthy after being limited throughout the spring while recovering from the broken forearm he suffered early in Auburn's Sugar Bowl loss to Oklahoma. In addition to rehabbing and learning new offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey's offense, White has been focusing on getting bigger and stronger. He is up to 215 pounds after being listed last year at 200 pounds.

Though White only took part in 7-on-7 and 1-on-1 drills this spring, Tigers coach Gus Malzahn said of White on Wednesday, "You can tell he's improved."

Even after starting 10 games last year for the Tigers, White enters fall camp as the underdog. There isn't anywhere near the hype for White that there's been for Stidham this offseason. Former Baylor safeties coach Cris Dishman told AL.com Stidham is a "taller Drew Brees." Trenton Kirklin, Stidham's private coach, said he expects "nothing short of a championship and a Heisman" for Stidham's time at Auburn.

White doesn't have Stidham-like size or arm strength.

His strengths? Being "dead-ass accurate," as Mastrole said, along with mental toughness and a knack for thriving in big spots after being doubted.

Mastrole referenced three situations.

In 2013, White was named MVP of the Elite 11 quarterback camp over players such as former Clemson star Deshaun Watson, ex-Notre Dame standout DeShone Kizer and the top-ranked pro-style quarterback in their recruiting class (Kyle Allen). "Nobody wanted him at the Elite 11, and we're standing on a table trying to get him in," Mastrole said. "And then it was like 'OK, we're going to let him in,' and he wins the whole thing."

White was then MVP of the Under Armour All-American Game in January 2014 after being merely a replacement selection for the event.

Then, last year, White was widely overlooked in an Auburn quarterback competition that pitted him against a much-hyped junior college transfer in John Franklin III and then-senior Jeremy Johnson. White ended up winning the starting job and helped Auburn win six straight games following a 1-2 start before a November loss to Georgia during which the shoulder injury clearly limited White.

"I've been around a lot of quarterbacks," Mastrole said, "but he's always been one that you see his history and he's always been a winner, a last minute, chip on the shoulder kind of guy."

That's why White said what he did to Mastrole during that recent conversation, "I've just got to go out and do it again."

Who the hell is Patrick!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 03:44:06 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

chinook

« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2017, 03:41:54 PM »
pffft...private qb coach.  money does buy words and other things.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2017, 03:46:57 PM »

Who the hell is Patrick!

Captain Jean-Luc Picard.  Duh!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2017, 03:47:10 PM »

Who the hell is Patrick!
His mama call him Patrick, Ima call him Patrick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2017, 04:01:21 PM »
he's six foot nothing. You are right here Sean is a shorter QB, but there are guys that have succeeded despite being vertically challenged.

he's frail. 310lb lineman and 260lb linebackers have a tendency to make you so, talk to the line.

arm strength concerns...seems he puts all his might in yardage that doesn't require it. Shoulder seperation

lot of his passing yards come from screens and bubbles.  Sean doesn't call the plays, and you and I both know our WR's have been shit in running routes. I think this has changed.

don't trust his deep throw. Shoulder seperation
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

bgreene

« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2017, 04:06:57 PM »

That last sentence is what I'm tired of. Yes we want someone that can give us the last minute win, but I as an AU fan am tired of that being an every week thing.  Give me a qb that will put us up and keep us up in the majority of games.  I believe we can win with both, but I want to win without having a stroke every game.  I was a Sean White fan last year and I still am. He's like a blue collar kind of qb. But compared to the white collar Stidham, he's not as refined.  I want to see what the Stidham can do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2017, 04:17:03 PM »
2016 with Sean as a healthy starter.

Texas A&M  Loss 16-29

Arky State  Win 51-14

LSU  Win  18-13

ULM  Win 58-7

MSU  Win  38-14

Arkansas  Win 56-3

Ole Miss  Win 40-29

Vandy  Win 23-16  Didn't start or play first half due to injury.  Came in and led AU to da' win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2017, 04:25:24 PM »
2016 with Sean as a healthy starter.

Texas A&M  Loss 16-29

Arky State  Win 51-14

LSU  Win  18-13

ULM  Win 58-7

MSU  Win  38-14

Arkansas  Win 56-3

Ole Miss  Win 40-29

Vandy  Win 23-16  Didn't start or play first half due to injury.  Came in and led AU to da' win.

Quality win against LSU
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2017, 04:28:49 PM »
That last sentence is what I'm tired of. Yes we want someone that can give us the last minute win, but I as an AU fan am tired of that being an every week thing.  Give me a qb that will put us up and keep us up in the majority of games.  I believe we can win with both, but I want to win without having a stroke every game.  I was a Sean White fan last year and I still am. He's like a blue collar kind of qb. But compared to the white collar Stidham, he's not as refined.  I want to see what the Stidham can do.

Sufficed to my arguments on here, I do actually think Stidham is probably more talented than Sean and will most likely become a better statistical Auburn Quarterback long term. I just don't know if that equates to this year. 

Sean is a Junior in a system and we have seen many QB's mature and continue to get better as they get older.  Sean's downfall IMO has been his lack of good play calling and his susceptibility to injury.

Again I just refuse to get caught up in the hype over a kid that looked good in our spring game or against Big 12 opponents.  If he is our QB and does awesome ...fanfuckingtastic!  I just want to win.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 04:30:47 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2017, 04:29:23 PM »
Quality win against LSU
I'd argue so were Ole Miss and Arkansas especially at the time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2017, 04:43:19 PM »
Quality win against LSU

Granted, that wasn't murderer's row by any stretch.  And I think we could have handled LSU a good bit better if Malzahn didn't have his head up his ass and gave them a better plan/play calling. I just think it shows we had the ability to score in bunches with a healthy White man at the helm. 

Again, I don't give a rat's bung-hole who starts as long as they're the best of the 2.  If it turns out that Stidham is that much better than White, all the better for AU.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2017, 04:45:21 PM »

Damn that isn't how this works.

Shoulder separation...my previously injured blinders were not on.  I looked at him as being healthy, injury free, but given his previous injury it furthers my concerns.

All Division 1 QBs face similar sized defensive players.  QBs differ as well in their skeleton vulnerability.

I'll give you play calling; however, what about arm strength and the ability to throw long yardage...if (and a big if) the coaches felt the same way the playbook is designed to rely on the strengths not weaknesses.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2017, 04:55:20 PM »
Can I steal "Skeleton vulnerability" and use it in casual conversation with others?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions