Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

No collusion happened with Trump's team & Russia...

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: No collusion happened with Trump's team & Russia...
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 09:44:22 PM »
The damaging information this lady was supposedly trying to peddle was that the Russians were funding Hillary and the DNC

He's dumber than a fuckbasket.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 10:08:23 PM »
Holy shit Prowlie, just stop.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 10:32:11 PM »
The damaging information this lady was supposedly trying to peddle was that the Russians were funding Hillary and the DNC
Yup, that's why Trump Jr. wanted to meet with the Russian lawyer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 10:33:39 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 10:56:47 PM »
He's dumber than a fuckbasket.
Nice addition to the discussion, fuckstick.

Here's what happened...
Donald Trump Jr. gets an email indicating a Russian lawyer wants to meet with him and provide compromising information to the Trump campaign provided by the Russian government that could hurt Hillary Clinton. Trump Jr., Kushner, and Manafort all agreed to attend the meeting in Trump Tower. But, according to them, the Russian didn’t actually have said information. The Trump campaign and the Trumpets spins this as "Nothing to see here...no collusion occurred because the Russian didn’t have any information to collude with...no crime, move along."

It doesn’t matter that the co-conspirator failed to come through with the goods, they still participated in the conspiracy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 12:00:55 AM »
Still not illegal and doesn't prove collusion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

chinook

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 01:07:15 AM »
Nice addition to the discussion, fuckstick.

Here's what happened...
Donald Trump Jr. gets an email indicating a Russian lawyer wants to meet with him and provide compromising information to the Trump campaign provided by the Russian government that could hurt Hillary Clinton. Trump Jr., Kushner, and Manafort all agreed to attend the meeting in Trump Tower. But, according to them, the Russian didn’t actually have said information. The Trump campaign and the Trumpets spins this as "Nothing to see here...no collusion occurred because the Russian didn’t have any information to collude with...no crime, move along."

It doesn’t matter that the co-conspirator failed to come through with the goods, they still participated in the conspiracy.

Your grandfather tells great stories.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 02:18:50 AM »
Trump was there too or being fed information (made the anti-hillary speech a couple of weeks later)...along with close friend Rob Goldstone (has strong connections to Putin). It's starting to sound like it was a trade ("blackmail file" on Hillary for Trump's end of the Magnitsky Act), because before this meeting, Manafort & Kushner were busy meeting with the Russian agents. Just calling it like I sees it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2017, 07:46:13 AM »

Even if the Russians DID provide negative info on Hillary -- which they didn't, they only used that as a ruse to get an audience -- well guess what? 

That's not fucking collusion.  As you mentioned, it's not illegal. It's click bait for morons.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2017, 08:11:55 AM »
More. Fake. News.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 08:39:32 AM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2017, 08:25:18 AM »
“After pleasantries were exchanged,” he said, “the woman stated that she had information that individuals connected to Russia were funding the Democratic National Committee and supporting Mrs. Clinton. Her statements were vague, ambiguous and made no sense. No details or supporting information was provided or even offered. It quickly became clear that she had no meaningful information.”

That is all they had to put in the article.  It's proof that Hillary was colluding with the Russians!!!!!1

#micdrop
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2017, 08:38:06 AM »
Wait...I was wrong.  Here is the proof that Trump and Putin were in it together.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2017, 08:46:39 AM »

In fact it proves collusion by the other side. Meeting was a setup.

This lady whose last name is impossible to pronounce was employed by fusion gps. The company that organized the oppo/dossier put together by Chris Steele for the dnc.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2017, 08:49:03 AM »
Your grandfather tells great stories.

He has great learning from the university of "Google some bullshit websites"

And his usage of the word collusion is well....fast and loose to say the least.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2017, 09:22:36 AM »
This place is becoming like FB. Anytime a remote possibility of a link pops up, the leftwing resident moonbats post the shit out of it as if its more "proof"!

AND, right on cue:

« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 09:28:00 AM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2017, 09:23:33 AM »
Vox, I know, but it puts the controversy in a language you can understand without being blinded by your biases.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/7/11/15950664/trump-jr-russia-meeting-clinton
We are past the point of innocent explanations on Trump and Russia
Imagine if the Clintons had done what the Trumps did on Russia.

Imagine the names were different.

Imagine Chelsea Clinton had taken Bill Clinton and campaign chair John Podesta to a meeting set up by a Chinese government intermediary who claimed to have damaging information about Donald Trump’s tax returns and said over email they were willing to share the information in a bid to defeat Trump.

Imagine this information came out mere weeks after stories revealing a major Democratic funder, acting on the behest of prospective National Security Adviser Susan Rice, had been trying to work with Chinese hackers to steal copies of Trump’s tax returns.

Imagine, during all of this, that Hillary Clinton herself had gotten on a stage and begged the Chinese government to release Trump’s tax returns. “China, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the tax returns,” Clinton said in Florida. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

Imagine that these stories were not isolated. They came alongside dozens of strange meetings between Clinton campaign aides and Chinese staffers — contacts left off security clearance forms and “forgotten” during sworn congressional testimony — and were buttressed by Clinton herself lurching toward a strangely pro-China policy and an unusual, and repeatedly articulated, affection for China’s leader.

And imagine that, in a crucial stretch of the campaign, hackers backed by the Chinese government really did break into the Trump family’s systems and release a bevy of damaging financial documents in a successful effort to elect Clinton.

To simply write this story out is to strain credulity. It reads like a bad spy novel or a fevered conspiracy. Can you imagine what Fox News would be saying? What Rush Limbaugh would be saying? How deafening the calls for impeachment and investigation would be?

But this is where we are. The best defense of Trump’s associates, at this point, is they were too dumb to know what they’re doing — a defense that doesn’t work when it includes experienced international operators like campaign manager Paul Manafort and ex-Defense Intelligence Agency Director Michael Flynn. Donald Trump Jr.’s own defense of himself is that he attempted to collude with Russian agents but they didn’t have any useful information and so he didn’t. This is, as my colleague Zack Beauchamp notes, no defense at all — even if it is true, Trump Jr. may well have committed a crime.

What’s more, we know for a fact that the Russian hacking of Democratic files happened, that it was successful, and that Trump has stubbornly resisted efforts to admit or investigate Russia’s intervention into the campaign while repeatedly praising Putin. We also know Trump has, since taking office, undermined the NATO alliance while cozying up to Vladimir Putin — the two of them joked about their shared dislike for the American media at the G20 last week and pledged to work together on cybersecurity.

This isn’t just smoke. We can see the damage done by the fire. We are watching our president pal around with the suspected arsonists. And so we are past the point where innocent explanations on Trump and Russia remain credible. Consider the context of Trump Jr.’s meeting:

The most important fact about Trump Jr.’s meeting is that Manafort and Kushner were there. Absent their involvement, this may have just been Trump Jr. entertaining himself. But Manafort and Kushner were Trump’s campaign manager and key consigliere, respectively. They were busy. They didn’t take meetings without knowing what they were about. Their presence suggests the Trump campaign was keenly interested in this kind of collusion, though we don’t yet know whether it actually happened.

It was only days after Trump Jr.’s meeting that Trump himself publicly asked Russian hackers to find and release Clinton’s missing emails. Under criticism, Trump played the comments off as a joke, but it seems plausible that there was a theory floating around the campaign that Russian hackers had breached Clinton’s files and could reveal information that would devastate her campaign.

Currently, the White House is saying Trump only learned of his son’s meeting in the past few days. So the going defense of the president is this: His son, his son-in-law, and his campaign manager met with Russian operatives to try to obtain dirt on Clinton — potentially both committing a crime and giving the Russians leverage over the candidate — and no one bothered to ask Trump whether this was a good idea. As with many of Trumpworld’s excuses, it’s hard to know if it’s more damning if it’s true or if it’s false.

Remember that all this took place in June 2016 when Trump was considered a serious underdog to win the race. The risk of colluding with a foreign power — if that risk was even understood and appreciated by Trump’s team — might well have seemed worth it to have a chance at winning the election. A gamble that looks insane in retrospect might have looked reasonable at the time, particularly if its consequences weren’t fully understood or expected.

It is always worth asking how people involved in clear wrongdoing might have seemed like the hero of the story to themselves. Trump and his family bought into the most fevered conspiracies about the emails Clinton withheld from the State Department as personal, and they likely believed that there was information crucial to American interests lurking in those documents. If they had obtained the emails and proven Clinton dangerously unfit to lead, or revealed that foreign powers had more information or leverage over American policymaking than we knew, they would have done the country a great service, or at least it’s easy to believe how they would see it that way. Recall former CIA Director John Brennan’s comment: "Frequently individuals who go along a treasonous path do not even realize they are on that path until it gets to be a bit too late.”

“If The New York Times knows all this, imagine what Bob Mueller knows,” writes Axios’s Mike Allen. It is, for the Trump administration, a scary thought. But also remember: Obstruction of justice is a strange and somewhat vague crime that relies heavily on intent to undermine an investigation. Trump’s intent looks quite different if it turns out he was trying to protect his beloved son and son-in-law from investigation than if he was just annoyed by James Comey’s reticence.

How hard is Vladimir Putin laughing at us right now? One theory of Russia’s involvement in the election is they never expected to elect Trump — they just wanted to sow doubt in America’s institutions and its leaders. Look how easily and wildly they succeeded.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2017, 09:27:19 AM »
I've been critical of how close Ivanka and Jared are to the President. I don't think they have any business in policy. No more than you or I.  But what she did with merkel at g20 and the saving the chair is a big nothing burger.

The meeting/setup with this Russian operative is an even bigger nothing burger. Yes - table turned and opposite players involved I would say the same. Bigger fish to fry at the moment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2017, 09:29:57 AM »
I've been critical of how close Ivanka and Jared are to the President. I don't think they have any business in policy. No more than you or I.  But what she did with merkel at g20 and the saving the chair is a big nothing burger.

The meeting/setup with this Russian operative is an even bigger nothing burger. Yes - table turned and opposite players involved I would say the same. Bigger fish to fry at the moment.

All campaigns gather dirt on the opposition. I'm sure Trump's team ONLY met with this one person. And we know hitlary's team never met with anyone...
Sadly, I am back on FB...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.