« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2017, 11:07:04 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Paris-Global Climate Agreement
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2017, 01:14:38 AM »
More have followed...to date 180 Mayors have vowed to support the Paris agreement.

https://medium.com/@ClimateMayors/climate-mayors-commit-to-adopt-honor-and-uphold-paris-climate-agreement-goals-ba566e260097

It won't take long for their constituents to figure out they're  in it alone!
Then, goodbye mayors!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2017, 02:46:06 AM »
Okay. Since Prowler has turned me into a genius. Here's my fifteen and hour burger flipping opinion. It appears to me that the U.S. government has pulled out. Yet, with my investigating and mayors and businesses coming out and saying they will be continuing to work on reducing gas house emissions at the Paris Disagreement standards.. At their own expense. The businesses that will,and wouldn't have anyway, will continue not spending on doing so. The climate is going to change and China says we're meanies because they have been less accountable than almost any other country. While the US is  held to the highest percentages and probably will keep to most of it per the CEOs of most major contributors out of the kindness of their hearts(sarcasm).  This costs the US taxpayers nothing?.......................

I can live with that...just saying
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 02:52:46 AM by chityeah »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2017, 07:24:17 AM »
More have followed...to date 180 Mayors have vowed to support the Paris agreement.

https://medium.com/@ClimateMayors/climate-mayors-commit-to-adopt-honor-and-uphold-paris-climate-agreement-goals-ba566e260097
This is exactly Trump's point.  Again, you obviously did not watch or listen to his speech when he made the announcement.  You absolutely do not get it.  He flat out said we are going to keep doing what we are doing and be responsible stewards.  He fully expects, and wants cities to take green initiatives.  You simply don't understand the "why" behind pulling out of the Paris agreement.  It was because we would be paying tens of billions of dollars to other countries with no strings attached.  Literally just throwing money away, and financing industry in other countries.  Then, you have China, who is in the agreement but has absolutely no intention of reducing emissions.  It made absolutely no sense.  If we're going to spend that amount of money, let's spend it or invest it into our own country.

Over the past decade, the US has reduced carbon dioxide emissions by nearly 20%.  We are the cleanest country in the world.  We did that without the Paris agreement.  We did that without a ton of regulation.  We did that, and will continue to do that, through free market innovation and dirt cheap natural gas (thanks to fracking).  Compare that to the EU, who has devised policies against fracking and has supported programs to reduce carbon emissions.  They have spent over $1 trillion dollars on wind, solar, and bio-energy programs and have actually steadily increased their emissions.  Citizens in the EU pay over 2.5 times more for electricity than we do.  Denmark generates 40% of its electricity from wind farms, and Germany generates over 30% of their electricity from renewable energy.  Those two countries have the highest electricity costs in the EU.  People in Great Britain pay over 50% more for electricity than we do.  There are businesses leaving because of high energy costs, and the government can't subsidize fast enough. 
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 07:36:24 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2017, 07:25:02 AM »
Okay. Since Prowler has turned me into a genius. Here's my fifteen and hour burger flipping opinion. It appears to me that the U.S. government has pulled out. Yet, with my investigating and mayors and businesses coming out and saying they will be continuing to work on reducing gas house emissions at the Paris Disagreement standards.. At their own expense. The businesses that will,and wouldn't have anyway, will continue not spending on doing so. The climate is going to change and China says we're meanies because they have been less accountable than almost any other country. While the US is  held to the highest percentages and probably will keep to most of it per the CEOs of most major contributors out of the kindness of their hearts(sarcasm).  This costs the US taxpayers nothing?.......................

I can live with that...just saying
^^^ Gets it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2017, 04:35:03 PM »
This is exactly Trump's point.  Again, you obviously did not watch or listen to his speech when he made the announcement.  You absolutely do not get it.  He flat out said we are going to keep doing what we are doing and be responsible stewards.  He fully expects, and wants cities to take green initiatives.  You simply don't understand the "why" behind pulling out of the Paris agreement.  It was because we would be paying tens of billions of dollars to other countries with no strings attached.  Literally just throwing money away, and financing industry in other countries.  Then, you have China, who is in the agreement but has absolutely no intention of reducing emissions.  It made absolutely no sense.  If we're going to spend that amount of money, let's spend it or invest it into our own country.

Over the past decade, the US has reduced carbon dioxide emissions by nearly 20%.  We are the cleanest country in the world.  We did that without the Paris agreement.  We did that without a ton of regulation.  We did that, and will continue to do that, through free market innovation and dirt cheap natural gas (thanks to fracking).  Compare that to the EU, who has devised policies against fracking and has supported programs to reduce carbon emissions.  They have spent over $1 trillion dollars on wind, solar, and bio-energy programs and have actually steadily increased their emissions.  Citizens in the EU pay over 2.5 times more for electricity than we do.  Denmark generates 40% of its electricity from wind farms, and Germany generates over 30% of their electricity from renewable energy.  Those two countries have the highest electricity costs in the EU.  People in Great Britain pay over 50% more for electricity than we do.  There are businesses leaving because of high energy costs, and the government can't subsidize fast enough.
187 Mayors have stepped up and said, "we're going to continue to do everything we can, regardless what President Cheeto tries to do."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2017, 04:40:34 PM »
187 Mayors have stepped up and said, "we're going to continue to do everything we can, regardless what President Cheeto tries to do."
That's what you're not getting; Trump WANTS them to have the mindset of doing what they can.  That's the ENTIRE POINT.  The US has become the cleanest country in the world because of innovation and cities taking initiative.  Christ, you are stupid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2017, 05:04:37 PM »

I must have missed where he's trying to stop them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2017, 05:34:11 PM »

you'd get mad if you lost your taxpayer subsidy too. Or maybe you did. And that's why your mad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2017, 07:38:17 PM »

Surprise.  There are 187 fucking dumbasses in the US.

FUCK them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2017, 08:03:46 PM »
Surprise.  There are 187 fucking dumbasses in the US.

FUCK them.

I think you are missing the point too...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2017, 10:13:48 PM »
I think you are missing the point too...

The mayors are dumbasses. That's a point. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2017, 08:33:05 AM »
The mayors are dumbasses. That's a point.

To commit their city to reduce carbon emissions? Not sure how that is a bad thing if it doesn't cost the tax payers a ton of money...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2017, 08:41:27 AM »
To commit their city to reduce carbon emissions? Not sure how that is a bad thing if it doesn't cost the tax payers a ton of money...

Agreed.  And if you live in one of the cities, and disagree with it, you have a better chance of change than you do if this enforced at the national level.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2017, 08:48:52 AM »

As a taxpayer, I don;t want any monies leaving my city for compliance with a foreign accord. If the mayors are just talking about continuing with a good policy taking care of the environment, then that is common sense and does not fall under a foreign accord. But apparently they wanted to make a statement against the president. That is not common sense if you ever expect to receive federal money. I agree with local government first, but pick a fight worthy. This is not it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2017, 09:14:39 AM »
As a taxpayer, I don;t want any monies leaving my city for compliance with a foreign accord. If the mayors are just talking about continuing with a good policy taking care of the environment, then that is common sense and does not fall under a foreign accord. But apparently they wanted to make a statement against the president. That is not common sense if you ever expect to receive federal money. I agree with local government first, but pick a fight worthy. This is not it.

While I think this is written as a big "Fuck You" to the President, it is not written where any money is being paid. It is written as saying they will continue to strive for the goals that the treaty said about climate. That's it from my understanding.

So in reality, this bullshit "honor", is doing nothing but playing in to EXACTLY why Trump left the paris accord in the first place. We will continue to do the "common sense" thing, while not paying $1 Billion to other countries...

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/06/03/paris-climate-accord-green-fund-america-paid-billion-united-nations
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2017, 09:18:04 AM »

Dumbasses because they are trying to make political hay by showing up the president. 

Doing whatever they want to do is fine.  Well, not really, but still.  Do whatever. 

Just don't do it and stick their pussy middle finger in the air going "fuck you, Mr. President, we are going to ignore your decrees!!" 

That's why dumbasses. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2017, 09:18:50 AM »
^^

AKA dumbass mayors
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2017, 09:23:25 AM »
Dumbasses because they are trying to make political hay by showing up the president. 

Doing whatever they want to do is fine.  Well, not really, but still.  Do whatever. 

Just don't do it and stick their pussy middle finger in the air going "fuck you, Mr. President, we are going to ignore your decrees!!" 

That's why dumbasses.

Which is exactly what Trump said we would do. They don't realize they are proving his whole point...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2017, 03:18:27 PM »
Hmmm.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions